Notices

Class of August 2018 Part One

Old 07-31-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2018 Part One

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of AUGUST 2018

come and join us!

The latest July thread is here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post6970727 (Class of July 2018 Part 2)

D

Last edited by Dee74; 07-31-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR to those of you who are new, and welcome back if you are returning. Looking forward to seeing you here!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-31-2018, 11:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 3

I quit (again) on Monday.

I need a home to post.

Feeling rotten still with bad abdominal and back pains. Three hours sleep since Monday 06:00.

I just have to get through the physical pain and then I’ll deal with ‘you know who’ that sits between my ears.

JT
Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in again.

Day 3. Feel pretty stupid. Why did I think I could control it. Back to a bottle of wine a night. At least. Feel terrible look terrible.

I almost find the day 1 the hardest so at day 3 now. Head so sore but I know it will pass.

Good to be here again.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you both JustTony and ReadyAtLast
Thanks Delilah

D
Old 08-01-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee - maybe this time huh?

I can’t muster anymore confidence in myself than to express that. It’s like I’m more sick of hearing from myself than everyone else is.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well it took me 15 years Tony but eventually I did what was required for me to quit and stay quit.

At least consider that's a possibility for you too

D
Old 08-01-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks dee and deli lah.

I'm embarrassed to keep coming back but I know sr helped me get sober before and it does help so much. I just don't understand why I felt so committed then after a few rough days I feel better then pick up again. I just know I can't keep doing this. It's making me physically and mentally ill.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello all.....

I would like to be part of this class. I definitely need some help quitting the drink.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello, I have been waiting for this class to open. Today is one week and, after lurking here for a while, I have been using joining this class as one of many finish lines/motivations for one week. I did a month in June and then went on vacation. I made it most of vacation before the "you've been good, you even made it through vacation....maybe, possibly, probably you don't have an issue and are cured now." So yes, a relapse after my first month, but also I guess a needed reminder of the lesson I have learned in the past. Little turns into a little often which turns into a lot often which turns into the exhausting carousel of "tomorrow I will and what is wrong with me etc." Like everyone, I am sure, I have lots of stories that should have been the real wakeup calls that I can share another time, but somehow seeing how good I felt for that month and the misery I turned back to just to try out that first drink is the real eye-opener to the fact that I just cannot. I was so happy. What on earth other than addiction would make you take happiness and risk it for an hour? That just solidified it to me.

So, hello August class! My first and last class. I plan to check in here, read as much as I have been (morning, start of work, evening and before bed), post and most importantly....I will never have another drink and I will never change my mind.

P.S. Thanks to all of you who have been posting this last week. As a reminder, your sharing/struggles/successes touch so many people who need it whether you ever see it or not.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope to join you all in the August group. I have been slipping and sliding for months now. I regularly make a month and then relapse again. I am back to Day 3. Miserable day 3. But it is better than continuing to drink.

Glad you are back JT and Ready at Last.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'd like to be in on this. I'm on day 11 today.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi SS......nice to have you on-board as well.

I went 3 months and thought I had it all figured out. I used the same philosophy, that I could control this mess. I've read a lot of posts too and there seems to be a pattern that has only one solution.....completely quit.

I realize I need something to make me accountable along with a support system. That's why I'm here too.

That's the right attitude too, that you have.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

I’m in, Day 9 here!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 1 Again

I'm on my millionth day 1. I've been saying I need to get sober. My physical, mental, emotional, cognitive, social well being are all affected by my drinking these days. I need help. I need to go back to AA. I've done this before. I just hate the idea of spending hours and hours listening to the same readings, the same stories, the same stuff over and over. I'm dreading this. There is no other choice, though. I can't get sober on my own.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm in too... been trying since may to make a month, 30 days! So here I am on Day 9 and making August my month. It's been almost 2 years since I was 6 years sober, time to make up some ground and get that feeling back. Feeling of peace and no shame, accountable for my actions and not others. At least I could control that part of my life. Drinking causes everything to be so much more chaotic. We can do this Megynn... and you are right, we can't get sober alone.

Excited to post back.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good to see you again darling song and you jt. Looks like we are all on day 3. How are you feeling ?My head is splitting despite gallons of water and ibuprofen and little sleep.

Hoping tomorrow will be better.

Congrats on 1 week Suze. ☺ and day 1 megYn day 9 pinnacle and survivor.

Hi Ilikemarmalade good to meet you too

Hope ever has a god day and evening. I'm just focusing on today. Each day as it comes.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello, all. I'm sick and tired of myself and having a million day 1s. I figured the 1st of the month can be a fresh start for me. I keep going back and forth between "I have a problem, I don't have a problem." Making it a week and making the mistake of thinking I can drink "normally".
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. I joined a while ago. Day 1 for me. Had some periods no drinking, however it is time to put this behind me. I could have typed the note above me by Linners820.

I like the support that the forum has to offer.

One day at a time.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Here and now

Monday was my new, and with hard work, last day one. Im in.