Notices

Class of August 2018 Part One

Old 08-03-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I'm still here!

Sober for 5 days, 2 hours and 25 minutes.

The first few days I kept replaying and trying to remember the blackout of my last binge. Feeling hopeless, mad at myself, guilty. The replaying is slowly going away and I'm starting to feel a little better about myself... if only a little.

I was off work tonight, those are the biggest challenges of mine because I work third shift, so I sleep during the day and wake up around the time I would have used to call up someone to drive me to a bar.

I woke up around 10pm tonight and immediately felt more anxious than even I usually am. I didn't have plans to go out, no plans to drink, but I still don't trust myself and I think I was just anxious because I didn't have to go in to work and the "option" to go drink was there.

I started rereading a book, then I cooked and did dishes. Now I've been gaming and watching Netflix and bar close time went by without me noticing. Now that it's past bar close my anxiety is starting to go away. I made it through. I work for the next 5ish nights straight so at least there's that. I hope this anxiety isn't as bad on my next night off.

Thank you for reading.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:09 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you helloxdarling

D
Old 08-03-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 5. Not much sleep last night so a bit fragile. I will not drink today. I know I can manage that.

Glad you feel better today JT. Strawberry....well done with the non smoking. That still on my list of vices......

Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober Friday.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hello friends...

As always, thanks for sharing your thoughts and your status. We're all recovering from our bumps and bruises, not speaking figuratively. I have been sweating it out at night. That usually takes a few days. I think I should be good moving forward.

(((A shout out to the whole class)))......Let's keep it up!

I tossed and turned most of the night and then by 4 or 5 a.m. I settled into a deep sleep full of wild dreams. That's really bad timing when the alarm goes of at 6 a.m..

Nevertheless, feeling pretty upbeat and really excited to be here with you all.

Good day! - Marmalade
Old 08-03-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iLikeMarmalade1 View Post

I tossed and turned most of the night and then by 4 or 5 a.m. I settled into a deep sleep full of wild dreams.
Boy isn't that the truth in the early days!

Mine tend to be quite bad though - often involving danger or violence. I'm not sure what that means but it's kind of like watching a horror film. Enjoyable as it is so vivid - but also a bit unsettling at the same time.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 3. Sleep was pretty good, definitely better than the constant waking up for the last few hours of the night that drinking has given me over the last few months.

I have to be careful today. Friday is my only day off work so I need to make sure I don't use that as an excuse to drink. Going to a noon meeting and maybe an 8 pm one as well. About to head to the grocery store early to get that over with before any cravings might pop up. The poison aisle will be properly saluted should I happen to walk by it. And, of course, I plan to stick close here and ask for help should I need it.

I'm not going to drink today. No matter what.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi. It's great to read everyone's updates and helps so much to know we're all in the same boat. Thank you ☺

Hope you get through today casey. You have a grear plan. Think Friday will be difficult for many of us even on a psychological level. End of the working week for some etc. Ive been off work this week so it doesn't feel like a Friday but I will have a plan too
Old 08-03-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Happy Friday! I have been feeling pretty good, but today I have a headache. Not feeling bad about the weekend in terms of drinking, but more starting to feel that I need to get a hobby. I need to find a way to relax and replace my routine. Also trying to walk the line between using past memories as reminders to affirm my choice without getting caught in the Spiral of Shame. I think I am doing that a tad....need to stop.

Anyhow, won't drink. Won't change my mind. Onward.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Welcome, Augusts! It's gonna be a great month!
Old 08-03-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I would like to join in as well. I cannot keep living like this. Yesterday was my first day after having to go to the hospital for help and some prescriptions to help me get through this at home. This has to be the last time. I will lose everything.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day ten for me today- tomorrow will be the longest I've gone in a very long time. I have more energy, clearer skin, less stress... The hardest part is believing in my own ability to succeed.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, day 3 here. Working most of the day and then babysitting this evening. I acquired quite a few mosquito bites the other night when in my backyard and they are driving me crazy. They kept waking me up last night with the itching so I found some Benadryl and took one which totally knocked me out...I’m STILL feeling groggy from it and it’s afternoon, is that even possible? Much better than feeling hungover, though.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
The poison aisle will be properly saluted should I happen to walk by it.
Another weight trainer? Luimarco?
Old 08-03-2018, 11:11 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome Outonthetiles and MamaKlaus

Feeling strong tonight! No Friday dwelling AV in sight. He knows better!
Old 08-03-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Another weight trainer? Luimarco?
Nah, when I'm being smart and practicing sobriety, I like to give the wine/beer aisle at my local grocery store a subtle little wave of my middle finger or at least an under-the-breath growl when passing it by. One of my friends in the March 16 class has taken to calling it the "ol' Casey salute". Said aisle was properly saluted this morning while at the store.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new members.

Great to hear you are feeling upbeat Tony 😀

Home now. Really tired. 8 pm in uk here. Just eaten and made myself a strawberry milkshake from fresh strawberries in the garden. Just watching TV and so so so looking forward to waking up in the morning with no hangover.

Hope your headache has eased forester.

Hope everyone gets through Friday night. Stay strong and stay sober. We can do this.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MamaKlaus View Post
I would like to join in as well. I cannot keep living like this. Yesterday was my first day after having to go to the hospital for help and some prescriptions to help me get through this at home. This has to be the last time. I will lose everything.
Welcome MamaKlaus......good to have you join us.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hello August Class,

Hope you don't mind if I sidle in and join you all.

I have 12 days today, still have a bit of a brain fog funk going on but after the major poison fest I recently had I'm feeling pretty lucky to have any brain function at all!!!!!

Look forward to getting to know you all, SP
Old 08-03-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Welcome MamaKlaus and Sweetpeacan.

So, I came here to post this. Earlier I talked about that line between using past memories to keep focused and not getting into the Spiral of Shame. Whelp, I clearly knew what was happening. I have been swirling in the Spiral of Shame all day. WHY? I am 9 days in and was feeling good. Now I am unpacking this suitcase and cringing at things that I haven't wanted to look at. It is causing my anxiety etc. to shoot through the roof.

People with more experience, is this a normal thing as you get more time under your belt?

But once I was here I walked away with advice for a good book and a desire for a fresh strawberry milkshake. Oh, and also, giving the liquor store a "salute" seems like a good way, in my state of mind, to get a healthy amount of angry in realizing it is evil and an enemy rather than the shame I have been feeling today.

Thanks, guys. Feeling a little better already.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sweetpeacan View Post
Hello August Class,

Hope you don't mind if I sidle in and join you all.

I have 12 days today, still have a bit of a brain fog funk going on but after the major poison fest I recently had I'm feeling pretty lucky to have any brain function at all!!!!!

Look forward to getting to know you all, SP
Welcome to the group SP