24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 393

Old 06-24-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

24 more for me too please!

7:56 PM in the Salish Sea.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:25 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Gone for 3 days and i miss 20 pages!! 24 more for this lady.

Been camping in the woods with a college friend for her birthday. I got back from Portland on Tuesday and left for camping Thursday.

I am so glad to be home and will be getting back to my routine tomorrow. I stayed sober and am proud of myself. I have been having some weird feelings that I attribute to PAWS. Feeling weird in my skin and super self conscious all the time, overthinking everything, when we go out things seem so loud and overstimulating. Still incredibly grateful to be here.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Checking in for 24 more and trying to stay cool in so many ways. It's hot here but I love it. I have a pretty good a/c though. I have a temper and I don't love that. But I'm trying to use my tools to get through the tough moments. I'm feeling rebellious but I'm trying to remember what I'm doing here, how I got here, and how I'll feel tomorrow if I don't stay cool
Good thinking Plenny if rebellion leads to major issues down the track that regret can be very annoying. New initiatives and pastimes may help.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

While I'm here I'll take another 24 for Tuesday 26/6.
A bit early,but Monday is almost over and Iv'e enjoyed
a sober one.
Our society makes drinking seem very normal, what with
special deals, free drinks and more generalised brain washing.
But we at SR KNOW BETTER, DONT WE!
Old 06-24-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Alrighty, time to check in for my next 24 ....
Bobbi
Old 06-24-2018, 10:13 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello to all.
Checking in for 24.
V
Old 06-24-2018, 10:40 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Good morning all and a happy Monday to you.

Another 24 for me please.

Lots of love to everyone and I hope you all have a better day than yesterday. x
Old 06-24-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-25-2018, 12:30 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Busy day- filling in forms for study (art), getting fees organised, materials, car tuneup tomorrow so runs good for semester, checking facts with govt dept's- who refer me to their web-s and I say I have read it- please confirm and they put me on hold because they do not understand their own crap,

Now watching a gritty us cop drama- 'Low Winter Sun', does not even have music (except the gritty sort they played on 'The Sorpranos')..one episode in..and alcoholic cop has apparently suicided- with a body in the boot with no head, hands or feet. Internal affairs is investigating- and the alcoholic cop knew this, and 2 senior male cops are crapping themselves because they did something with the alcoholic cop the night before, plus a bar with protection money hassles, a hit, sexual harrassment to a wiley junior female cop who I think will work it all out and reveal whatever it is or end up dead.
I'm exhausted- I need to go lie down.

24- support to y'all.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Its 8.35am here in the UK. Gonna be a hot day. Got my mother and auntie visiting for two days, looking forward to it. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out to those suffering and struggling.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for 24 more.
Old 06-25-2018, 01:26 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Phoenix, just rang my husband at work and read him your excellent review of Low Winter Sun and he's now on the case to see how we can get it to watch it. Sounds awesome. Sounds a bit like 'The Shield'. Did you ever watch that? That was fantastic. I love a gritty series about corrupt cops or motorcycle gangs (hello 'Sons of Anarchy') or zombie apocolyse (Walking Dead - although I've really gone off Walking Dead lately for reasons I won't go into here.... don't get me started on the Walking Dead, I could start a whole thread about my disappointment .... it used to be so brilliant but what happened?? I blame Negan. ... anyway, enough if this)..... hope you have a wonderful couple of days with your mum and auntie, Juliet -
looks like they are bringing plenty of sunshine with them. You know it's going to be a hot week in the UK when the headmaster at my kids school sends an email saying all kids need to wear sun hats all week...... no sun hat, no playing outside ...... he is a strict enforcer of the sun hat rule. I have images of all these sad kids looking out of the window at all the sun hat gang happily playing outside. Irony is .... all the kids that really need to go outside to run off steam are exactly the kids that keep losing their sun hats. My 7 year old son went to school this morning with a sun hat on his head and 3 spare sun hats in his bag. If he has one sun hat by Friday, I will definitely start believing in magic.

Hope everyone has a great day and special congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today. 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 06-25-2018, 01:31 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

kenton- Low W/S is a bit like the Shield...mixed with a bit of how the Brits do it. At the end of episode 1- the dead acly cops partner is barred from going to the dead guy's apartment- as he is 'too close'... Enough said.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I'm not watching a movie and I can't paint pictures very well, but I have a beard and 24 more clean and sober hours will suit me just fine.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hello all. It's been a while. Life is a complete mess right now. Selling a house, issues in new house, and my wife's cancer treatment. She's doing ok but the treatment is rough. Some days very very rough. We are half way through right now and although it's rough, I'm grateful that it's available and so close to home. I'm so tired. Even after a good night's sleep I wake up tired.

I need another 24 please.
Today's mirror quote...
If you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through.
5:43 am EDT
Old 06-25-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

24 more for me please!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

10:48am...24 more please...Love to All
Old 06-25-2018, 03:06 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Prayers, goose
Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:13 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Good morning 24ers.
Phew it's hot here! Okay British hot is luke warm for you Aussie's I would imagine but my white/blue legs are out and that is a big deal!
Just waved Hannah off. She is off up to visit her nanna and grandad for 2 nights before her work trial. I just love that she still enjoys going to see them.
Have a great day all and extra love and support to those struggling, in pain or caring for loved ones