Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 393

Old 06-23-2018, 05:03 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Got through my interview—it went beautifully well! Now, the waiting— but it looks like a month and I will have a new pay grade and position. I’m really happy..I’m about to start struggling with the skyrocketing property taxes and cost of living here and have worked extra for quite some time.

Of course, this is all because I’m sober or I wouldn’t likely have been able to work so much, just the minimum at best. I’d be calling in sick, too.

I would not have stated my case as well in the audit. I would have looked much worse! Probably red, sweaty and bloated.

So, I’m still ok financially even without a reclassification. Because I quit drinking! I am going to be just fine, so I can relax. Happy.

Off super early to the northern part of Texas where it is absolutely no cooler than the 100F here, but where I have some dear friends that I haven’t seen in ages. I feel better about the trip and forgot about wanting to drink. I was anxious and stressed but rode it out and of course it went away. What a relief! Thank you for your help

Now, for the sprinkler project—I need to get out there now, the poor plants are expiring. Suze would be very
disappointed in me!

See ya in a bit, happy Friday and stay strong!

Love

Red
Congratulations beautiful Red!!!! Way to go you.
There's a bit about the financial stuff that I don't understand.....bu yey. So happy for you.

And baby...I may have killed 4 more new petunias because I have taken too long to plant them....so YOU will be disappointed in me.

LOVE YOU!!!! ♥♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
I gotta confess. It’s day one. Again. It comes down to the George Harrison quote that Dee posted this morning. It’s still just an excuse though.

Congrats to PJ! Let’s all have a sober one today.
Did I miss this yesterday? I know we talked....

Just love you.....we all do....onward my friend. ♥♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjmirish View Post
48 hrs
Welcome!!! 48 hours is fantastic.
Stick close....we do this together.....sending love your way.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good morning dearest 24ers. Saturday morning rolls round again! I've always cherished the feeling I get in a Saturday morning. No guilt, no crushing anxiety, freedom to choose what I want to do on my day off. Doubly so because my big baby is safe in her bed and we are going to spend the day together. I have real optimism that this summer Hannah and I will rekindle our relationship. And I have news 24ers! Yesterday when we were at the hairdressers I cheekily asked if they needed staff and the actually did so now Hannah has a job starting Thursday!!!! Only Saturdays and maybe the odd shift on top but still great news!
I can see as clear as anything the absolute massive difference sobriety is making not only in my life but in my girls lives too. I'm so utterly relieved and grateful to be where I am right now and this thread right here gave me the belief I could do it. I will never truly be able to repay you all it is sometimes overwhelming. Oops I'm leaking a little from the eyes as I type! Who cares?!
Lots of love to you all and yes I'll grab my 24 please!!!!!! ❤❤❤
Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
Morning lovely Jo! ��
Y'know, I'm thinking exactly the same waking up sober on a Saturday morning. Not waiting for my husband to wake up to find out if I'm in trouble. Not walking into a stinking disaster zone of a living room and spending my day stuffing my face and watching crap tv.

I'm so happy for you Jo. I always think you sound like such a great mum. Your girls are lucky to have you xxxx
The way I see it.....we are incredibly lucky and blessed to have both of you here.....and I know how much I need you both....all of you.....thank you so much for being here. ♥

And Delilah honey ~ Happy 17th Wedding Anniversary to you and your lovely husband. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 06-23-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Oh and big shout out to Weaverbird. Love you Weav xxxxx
And I love you too. You are a light for my feet girl.

Weev in for 24 more at 1:51pm I find it almost impossible to speak sometimes in the real world, it’s happened twice since I got sober, and that then extends to posting here. I didn’t speak for six months when I was small. Oh look I’m crying as I tell you all. Weird.

But I’m trying. Seeing my sponsor in a while and I will see what she thinks. A lot has happened this week that I can’t control, maybe I just fear the sky will come down if I express my opinion. Who knows?

Love you all though, and watching your journeys to enlightenment. What a thing to see. Love and prayers to All.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

forgot to check in yesterday as I was running a bit late for work but was sober, in for 24 hours sober today.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Got you zepp.

Ahh weevie weevie weev....how I love you. And you are wise honey....no matter how you feel, you always push forward. Talking this through with your sponsor will really help I think. You are doing so much better than you realise, all of the time....you keep walking through the fear. You are pretty amazing I think. ♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Checking in on a challenge day for me. A friend and I are going to a girls self defense seminar today than going to a local car rally and bbq. I am sure going to a bar will come up at some point. Will be my first sober outing without husband, I don't want to get to wrapped up in my brain though. Plan on ordering a 7up with lemon that should appease my AV, or **** it off and make it run away crying,,,, either way works.

badge
Old 06-23-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

We will be with you badge. ♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

9:54am. Day 11. Today is a risk day for me, but I am going to be busy for most of the day. The real risk will be tonight. I should be okay, even if my husband wants a drink. I don't want a hangover for his birthday!
Old 06-23-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Thinking of you love.... ♥♥
Old 06-23-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
7:44 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Went and got tests done this morning to be ready for my surgery next week, and then spent the rest of the day at the beach with the kids.

Today my husband and I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary, and will be together for 20 years in August. It definitely hasn't always been easy, but we've worked through the rough times, and come out stronger. I am blessed to be married to someone who is a great partner, and an incredible dad to our three kids. Feeling lucky tonight.❤️
Happy Anniversary, dear Delilah!

So happy for you!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Enjoy!!

Free
You are adorable! Thank you, Free!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rainman1 View Post
It's Fri and in the morning I get to get on a plane to go see my Dad, My plans are to make amends to him and other family members.
With that said I'll take another 24 hours of sobriety.

Mike
What a beautiful thing, Rainman!❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 07:33 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

June 23, 2018

cornpone ~ 3 months!
TheToddman ~ 10 months!

Bump!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Three cheers!!!

❤️❤️

cornpone & theToddman!!!

❤️ 1 year, 1 month ❤️

Old 06-23-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Time to celebrate our fabulous Milestoners,

Congratulations, cornpone & theToddman!

Enjoy, all.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
back from our adventure/road trip. Had a great time, the girls, well not so much. One dog doesn't like bumpy twisty roads so she spent a great deal of time huddled in a ball on the floor. After I was almost past the point of no return, it occurred to me that I had made some really novice, not smart decisions when I left my house.

#1- because I go off road/off grid- top off the gas tank or carry extra- I didn't, did become a concern after awhile.

#2 Topo maps= took them out when I cleaned car, didn't put back in, relied on sense of direction, prayer and guesswork to get to pavement. (see #1)

Saw some beautiful valleys and mountains though, Indian paintbrush is in full bloom, pictures do not do that flower justice.

[IMG]
[/IMG]
What a beautiful trip, badge!
Old 06-23-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Another 24 for me please!
It’s Saturday afternoon here in the north of Australia, it’s a beautiful sunny day and I’m relaxing at home with a great book, with a view of a blue blue sky out the open window and a lovely cool breeze.... in my happy place 😊😊😊

I made it through “date night” at the pub last night without drinking. I had a delicious (but very sour) apple, lime, mint and cucumber juice while everyone around me was drinking beer, wine and spirits.... The only slightly uncomfortable moment was when the couple right next to us ordered a bottle of red to share... But then my husband ordered a beer and I ordered a sparkling mineral water and I turned sideways so I was facing away from their table...
Onwards and upwards 😊
You go girl -