Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 393

Old 06-22-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Got through my interview—it went beautifully well! Now, the waiting— but it looks like a month and I will have a new pay grade and position. I’m really happy..I’m about to start struggling with the skyrocketing property taxes and cost of living here and have worked extra for quite some time.

Of course, this is all because I’m sober or I wouldn’t likely have been able to work so much, just the minimum at best. I’d be calling in sick, too.

I would not have stated my case as well in the audit. I would have looked much worse! Probably red, sweaty and bloated.

So, I’m still ok financially even without a reclassification. Because I quit drinking! I am going to be just fine, so I can relax. Happy.

Off super early to the northern part of Texas where it is absolutely no cooler than the 100 here, but where I have some dear friends that I haven’t seen in ages. I feel better about the trip and forgot about wanting to drink. I felt anxious and stressed but rode it out and of course it went away. What a relief! Thank you for your help

Now, for the sprinkler project—I need to get out there now, the poor plants are expiring. Suze would be disappointed in me!

See ya in a bit, happy Friday and stay strong!

Love

Red
Well done, Red, and safe travels.
Old 06-22-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Well done, Red, and safe travels.
Thank you dear Leigh!

Oh, and 24 for sure

Xx

Red
Old 06-22-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Guys she had done me proud. Changed her mind about the after-party and we are now home snuggling watching tv. Plan A is back on. Nice night together and gym at 10 in the morning. Phew!!!!!
I am glowing with pride and so relieved ❤❤❤
That is awesome, JoJo! Very happy for you both.

Xxxxxx
Old 06-22-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Old 06-22-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

7:44 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Went and got tests done this morning to be ready for my surgery next week, and then spent the rest of the day at the beach with the kids.

Today my husband and I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary, and will be together for 20 years in August. It definitely hasn't always been easy, but we've worked through the rough times, and come out stronger. I am blessed to be married to someone who is a great partner, and an incredible dad to our three kids. Feeling lucky tonight.❤️
Old 06-22-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
i was accepted into the arts program .....
Congratulations PJ, that is fantastic!!!!❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-22-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
Got through my interview—it went beautifully well! Now, the waiting— but it looks like a month and I will have a new pay grade and position. I’m really happy..I’m about to start struggling with the skyrocketing property taxes and cost of living here and have worked extra for quite some time.

Of course, this is all because I’m sober or I wouldn’t likely have been able to work so much, just the minimum at best. I’d be calling in sick, too.

I would not have stated my case as well in the audit. I would have looked much worse! Probably red, sweaty and bloated.

So, I’m still ok financially even without a reclassification. Because I quit drinking! I am going to be just fine, so I can relax. Happy.

Off super early to the northern part of Texas where it is absolutely no cooler than the 100F here, but where I have some dear friends that I haven’t seen in ages. I feel better about the trip and forgot about wanting to drink. I was anxious and stressed but rode it out and of course it went away. What a relief! Thank you for your help

Now, for the sprinkler project—I need to get out there now, the poor plants are expiring. Suze would be very
disappointed in me!

See ya in a bit, happy Friday and stay strong!

Love

Red
I'm so glad it went well Red, I had no doubt it would! Looking forward to hearing what's next for you career wise!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

JSM, I'm so glad you're back. I'm another that is going to encourage you to lean on us and check in more. You can do this!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
i was accepted into the arts program .....
Congratulations Phoenix, that’s wonderful! 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Kenton,
I’m so glad to hear you’re a writer! Because your talent shines through in your posts. I love nothing more than to curl up on the couch with a novel and a cup of tea, it’s my absolute favourite relaxing pastime 😊 I love all sorts of authors but especially those who write about serious or emotional heartfelt issues with a sense of irony and humour. I especially like Marianne Keys and Liane Moriarty, but I will read just about anything I can get my hands on 😊 I really hope I get a chance to read your work sometime, I bet it’s wonderful reading , good luck getting published! 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please!
It’s Saturday afternoon here in the north of Australia, it’s a beautiful sunny day and I’m relaxing at home with a great book, with a view of a blue blue sky out the open window and a lovely cool breeze.... in my happy place 😊😊😊

I made it through “date night” at the pub last night without drinking. I had a delicious (but very sour) apple, lime, mint and cucumber juice while everyone around me was drinking beer, wine and spirits.... The only slightly uncomfortable moment was when the couple right next to us ordered a bottle of red to share... But then my husband ordered a beer and I ordered a sparkling mineral water and I turned sideways so I was facing away from their table...
Onwards and upwards 😊
Old 06-22-2018, 08:50 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Love you to pieces honey ♥♥

Betting kent likes Marian Keyes.....do you kent?
I think you would like her love.....Watermelon was the first book.
Yes! Marian Keyes is fabulous! Gotta read “Rachel’s holiday” Fabulous read and started me questioning myself towards getting on this road to recovery ... ❤️
Old 06-22-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24! I ate so much pie I feel like I have to pass out but I'm bouncing off the walls at the same time
Old 06-22-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Thanks for keeping the doors open, Dee!

Sending you big hugs today, Suze. I miss my Dad too. I think he would be proud of my 9 years sober today.

It's 4:36 AM and I'm in for the first day of another year sober.
!!Congratulations and Happy 9th Birthday FBL!!

You are one of the original folks here on SR, well, in my 5 years here. Thank you for being a great role model for me.
Bobbi
Old 06-22-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I'm checking in for my next 24, with much gratitude to my HP, AA, & my SR Family!

Bobbi
Old 06-22-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CeeFarro View Post
24 more for me❤️No matter what.
Hi,
For my husband's 5th Sober Birthday I got him a customized license plate frame. He immediately put it on his truck.

It reads "Member since 2005" [on top of frame** "No Matter What Club" {on bottom of frame**. This December he will mark 13 years!!

The facilitator of our Saturday morning Big Book Meeting shared that over the years he'd hear others comment : "Well, IDK, when my Mom dies, or IF he divorces me , or IF I get laid off my job etc etc..... when the topic was relapse, using, "going out".

To the facilitator he thought this was like making a 'reservation to drink' at some later date in time. And then he brought up the No Matter What concept. Because alcohol or your D.O.C., never makes the situation you are experiencing better. Usually it f**k's it up even more!!

Anyway, that was early on in my sobriety, and it made sense to me. It still does. Just wanted to share ....

No Matter What
Bobbi
Old 06-22-2018, 10:18 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

"No matter what" for me and my wife too!

10:18 PM back home on Orcas Island.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

24 more, thanks
Old 06-22-2018, 10:59 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24 hours.. I’ve spent the morning shopping and buying last holiday bits and bobs..
I’m going to enjoy a quiet afternoon cleaning and packing a little- I’ve got the heater on.. Perth is chilly right now!! Lol
Hope everyone is well xx
2pm x
Old 06-22-2018, 11:03 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Enjoy your break away, Nic
Every good wish to you