Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 393

Old 06-23-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ForMeForThem View Post
I haven’t posted in quite awhile...thought I’d check in and say hi!!

16 months sober!!
Congratulations! 16 months is awesome! 😊
Old 06-23-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
I love my 9 year old daughter to the moon and back. I also love the violin. I think it's a wonderful musical instrument. But my 9 year old daughter playing the violin?? Wow, that's such an extraordinary sound. It's taught me one thing. ... I now know it's possible for labradors to look scared. I'm so proud that my daughter likes to practise, it's just a really extraordinary sound. The doctors said that now I only have vision in one eye, I may notice an improvement in my other senses. I think my hearing has got better. That's not necessarily a good thing xxxx
Kenton I love it, “I now know it's possible for labradors to look scared.” You brighten up the most challenging situations with your humour, thanks for the chuckles 😊
Old 06-23-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

We are not allowed to have pets here...so I have a rabbit, squirrels and birds ha....so when we move it will be one or two cats....and I think if I can rescue kittens that is what I always prefer to do....black ones if possible.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Ahhh I was going to mention rescue kitties! But I wasn’t sure if you had something in mind. We have a rescue cat, he’s adorable ❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Delilah congratulations on 17 years of marriage! That’s truly wonderful ❤️❤️❤️ And I’m sending lots of positive vibes and love and prayers that your surgery goes well ❤️❤️❤️

And I have to a confession to make... to everyone... including you Venuscat because I may have been misleading, for which I’m sorry. Here it is... When I talk about my husband, we’re not technically married, although I consider him my husband as he is my husband in my heart ❤️ We’ve been together for years and we have made our promises to each other and are both completely committed to our life together. We have both been married previously, and both our marriages were disasters. We discussed it and decided that we’re in for the long haul together but we don’t need or want another wedding... I’m really trying for honesty in my sobriety so I just felt I needed to clarify 😊❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Oh love.....that sounds like married to me....and beautiful by the way. Musch respect to you honey. ♥♥♥

(.....and I have only been married for 9 months....tomorrow actually. )
Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

3:13 pm in California and checking in for another 24. Started the morning with a 1.5 hour walk at the lake, and then went to the gym with my oldest and aqua jogged for an hour. She had to be at the lake even though she's not white back to running on land yet, so she biked. She will be back on the ground next week, which means I am going to have to find motivation to work out on my own!

Making turkey chili for dinner, and relaxing a litttle for the rest of the day. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Congrats to all celebrating a Milestone!!

❤️Delilah
Old 06-23-2018, 03:18 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

24 more hours❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Oh love.....that sounds like married to me....and beautiful by the way. Musch respect to you honey. ♥♥♥

(.....and I have only been married for 9 months....tomorrow actually. )
❤️❤️❤️Congratulations on 9 months ❤️❤️❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Willow, as long as there’s love there, that’s all that counts!

Congrats on nine months, Suze!
Old 06-23-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Kenton,
I’m so glad to hear you’re a writer! Because your talent shines through in your posts. I love nothing more than to curl up on the couch with a novel and a cup of tea, it’s my absolute favourite relaxing pastime 😊 I love all sorts of authors but especially those who write about serious or emotional heartfelt issues with a sense of irony and humour. I especially like Marianne Keys and Liane Moriarty, but I will read just about anything I can get my hands on 😊 I really hope I get a chance to read your work sometime, I bet it’s wonderful reading , good luck getting published! 😊
That's one of my favorite hobbies too Willow. I am a big mystery fan, and chick lit. I love James Patterson, JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) Erin Hilderbrand, Ruth Ware... I also love the Harry Potter series, which I am contemplating rereading this summer.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Checking in for another 24 hours.. I’ve spent the morning shopping and buying last holiday bits and bobs..
I’m going to enjoy a quiet afternoon cleaning and packing a little- I’ve got the heater on.. Perth is chilly right now!! Lol
Hope everyone is well xx
2pm x
I'm so glad you're going away with the boys Nic, that's exactly what all of you need right now! Sending lots of love my friend, sorry I haven't checked in, I will today!!
Old 06-23-2018, 03:26 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopehunter View Post
I’m here. I more than ready. Last wake up call.
Welcome HopeHunter!

This is my favorite thread on SR, you will be surrounded with love and support. Looking forward to seeing you on here. Let us know how we can help!
Old 06-23-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Jo, so glad Hannah had a good time last night and that she has a summer job starting in the hairdressers. That's fantastic. I had a Saturday job washing hair once but I got sacked for talking too much and not paying enough attention ..... basically I accidentally soaked this woman and she complained and I was like, 'it's only water!' And my boss was like, ' I'm not sure this is the right place for you'. I went and got a saturday job in a sweet shop instead. Got sacked from there too..... different reasons, similar attitude problem on my part. Thank goodness life is a big gift that keeps on giving out chances and opportunities for us to grow. I'm an excellent employee now!! I'm sure Hannah will do fantastically well this summer and always.

Well done Phoenix!! Woop woop xxx and congratulations on your anniversary Delilah xx

Thank you for your kind words Willow and Crossyourheart. I love 'Rachel's Holiday' too - definitely struck a chord with me. I also love everything written by Agatha Christie. I love reading a good whodunnit. I'd love to write a murder mystery and at the end have the reader say, 'aahhhh!! Didn't see that coming'.

Welcome hopehunter - good to meet you xxx

I'm going to a school reunion tonight. It's in a bar in Oxford Street in the west end of London where I spent many an evening drinking/staggering around. I tend to avoid that whole area in evenings now but I'm going to go there tonight to see people I haven't seen for years and to bury another part of my drinking past. I'm really interested to see how everyone is doing - I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day. Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today - 24 more for me please xxxx
Have a great time at your reunion Kenton!!
Old 06-23-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
Willow, as long as there’s love there, that’s all that counts!

Congrats on nine months, Suze!
Thanks jsm ❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
That's one of my favorite hobbies too Willow. I am a big mystery fan, and chick lit. I love James Patterson, JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) Erin Hilderbrand, Ruth Ware... I also love the Harry Potter series, which I am contemplating rereading this summer.
Oooh I quite like Nora Roberts, but I didn’t know about JD Robb... I’ll check all of those authors out, thanks Deliliah 😊
Old 06-23-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
So, it’s day two now since my most recent momentary lapse of reason. I’ve decided to stay as busy as possible today. Lord knows there’s lots of tiny little projects I need to get done.

I think I need to change my mindset. I’ve gotten caught up in a lot of negative thinking. Lots of self loathing . Some days it goes on all day long. It’s been going on for a few years now. It’s going to be hard to do but, unless I change it I’ll never succeed in sobriety.

On the day of my last relapse, I went fishing on a lake I haven’t been on in many years. There are no houses or cabins on the lake. It’s just a lake with a completely natural and scenic shoreline. The way nature meant it to be. To top it off I had the lake to myself for most of the time I was on it. I felt completely relaxed, happy and content. Then I went home and, started drinking. It’s almost like I think I deserve to be miserable.

Like I said my thinking has to change. For today I’m staying busy and I’m going to drink!

Let’s all have a sober day.
Mindset definitely makes a difference. Have you thought about s gratitude journal? I know it's easy to get caught up in the negatives, but focusing on all the positive and amazing things is so much better,

I know you can do this JSM.❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hello beautiful ❤️ Wow, I’m always looking for more books to read. I would love them to be cheaper. I’ve joined book depository that has free postage from anywhere in the world which helps. I have an ereader that my husband bought me (which I love) but I prefer “real” books and have all of Marian Keys in hard backs 😊

Yes willow trees are gorgeous ❤️ I used to play in one as a little girl, it always felt safe sitting up in the fork of a limb and hidden by the beautifully swaying branches. Do you have a sort (breed) of future cat in mind for Willow? Or are you getting a moggie? 😊
I've started going to the library more often, I am trying not to spend as much on books.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Delilah congratulations on 17 years of marriage! That’s truly wonderful ❤️❤️❤️ And I’m sending lots of positive vibes and love and prayers that your surgery goes well ❤️❤️❤️

And I have to a confession to make... to everyone... including you Venuscat because I may have been misleading, for which I’m sorry. Here it is... When I talk about my husband, we’re not technically married, although I consider him my husband as he is my husband in my heart ❤️ We’ve been together for years and we have made our promises to each other and are both completely committed to our life together. We have both been married previously, and both our marriages were disasters. We discussed it and decided that we’re in for the long haul together but we don’t need or want another wedding... I’m really trying for honesty in my sobriety so I just felt I needed to clarify 😊❤️
The commitment and love are the things that matter. Sounds like you have a fantastic relationship.❤️
Old 06-23-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Oooh I quite like Nora Roberts, but I didn’t know about JD Robb... I’ll check all of those authors out, thanks Deliliah 😊
She writes an "In Death," series, it is part detective/mystery, and part romance. You will fall in love with the characters, definitely start with Naked in a death, you will be hooked!