Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Old 11-03-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Cochineal are red cactus bugs smashed to make color in yogurts and many other foos we eat

Not sure about the nail, I know I won’t eat, that’s for sure.

Good plan, Guener!

I’m going to google jobs in Michigan and Florida , maybe on west coast.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Cool, thanks John. I was vegan for quite a while but now I’m not so much, mainly because I live with a carnivore and it’s really hard to juggle and also because I’m a bit time poor to ensure good nutrition. I eat eggs and some fish, and some dairy, but try to limit it.

Free are you thinking about moving? I went to Florida Keys once, it was absolutely gorgeous ❤️ Although now that I think about it, what I recall that I enjoyed most was sitting in outdoor bars drinking and listening to live music.... hmmm I need to take a leaf out of John’s signature and throw away my rose tinted glasses....

Have a Happy sober Sunday everyone
Old 11-03-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Ohhh I just remembered a dream I had last night
I’m only just awake and drinking my first coffee
I dreamt I got completely smashed on wine, right before my 6 monthiversary
I’m going to ensure that does NOT happen!
It’s 25 weeks today since I had my last drink, and 10 days till my official 6 months (going by our odd numbered monthly calendar lol) and I have NO intention of screwing it up like I did in that awful dream....
Old 11-03-2018, 10:32 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

That is SO COOL!!!

So the date is 13th?

I’ll remember it!

Congrats willow
Old 11-04-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Well I’m actually going by the 14th
Mainly because the 14th of May was my day 1
13th was the last day I drank (and I drank a LOT that day)
So I decided my anniversary is of day 1, the day I stopped
Old 11-04-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

How’re you feeling today Free?
Old 11-04-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Good morning it’s 521 with daylight savings turned off. It means a one hour extra long weekend for us in the central United States

Pretty rough going. My neckbrace feels like a vice. I went to send my 17-year-old daughter to pick up my pain medicine at the pharmacy last night at 6 PM, and the pharmacist never showed up so the shop was closed 😳

I have a home health nurse coming around 1030 todaycoming to teach me some things that I can do or not in my own environment

PAIN hovering around 7 to 8 out of 10. And my reprieve right now is sleeping.

Thanks for checking in… And I see that auto correct changed the word “pain“ to “penis“. Ha ha ha—— I’ll change it.

😍
Old 11-04-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I forgot it was now standard time, and I forgot to set back my clock last night, so thinking it was six I felt like I'd slept in a bit, but not any more. It was a fitful night anyway, so almost glad to be up. Sorry, F2BM, that you have awoken in pain this morning.

Today I do not have much that I have to get done, so it may be resting, watching a movie, or some other pleasant diversion. I do have some reading I need to do, but for the past number of years I've lost my passion in reading almost anything longer than just the newspaper. I think part of that has to do with going through deep depression during that period; lost most interest in music, too. I will figure things out for the day, I'm sure.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Guener.

Do u have an iPhone?

If so. You can get Apple Music. You can play ANYTHING.

What was going through your mind? What was the temperature not correct in your home? Or do you have relationship, and cover the camera work, or other issues you were working on in your head?

I pray for your peace and diversion.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Love my iPhone, F2BM, and I do have access to Apple Music and my iTunes library, but I just don't go there anymore. That being said, I do still occasionally sing to old tunes on the radio from time to time. I just don't think about it much like I used to do.

Rough sleeping (at home, not in the sense of in the U.K. where it means on the streets) is the new normal for me over the past months. I'm largely over ruminating too long over anything, so that doesn't keep me up nights. It doesn't bother me too much to wake up so much as it can make me overly tired some days, afternoons. It does help me keep up with the live posts from elsewhere in the world, LOL.

I intend to make my day as peaceful as possible and wish the same back to you and to all.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I hope you get some pain medication on board soon Free (hopefully by now you’re feeling a lot better). The autocorrect made me laugh
It’s 7am Mon here so it’s probably the middle of the night for you I’m guessing.

I don’t sleep well either Guener. I haven’t for years, no idea why. I do all the recommended sleep hygiene things, yoga nidra relaxation techniques, and I went to a sleep therapist once, even tried hypnosis. I have resigned myself to having interrupted sleep. I do get some, just wake up a lot. Understanding the sleep cycle has made me less anxious about it and allows me to just lie in bed calmly when I wake up rather than stressing about it which only makes it worse.

A busy day today so I had better get moving.

I hope you get the pain under control Free. Sending lots of love, prayers and healing vibes across the globe to you ❤️
Old 11-05-2018, 04:09 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

It's still dark outside, and I've emptied the last few things out of my refrigerator that were not absolutely perishable, after the unit died on Friday. So, today the landlord is sending, or is supposed to send, somebody to look at it. It's an older unit, so I am hopeful that it will be replaced for a more energy efficient appliance.

I'm looking forward a little to work today.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. I got home Saturday and it’s been pretty brutal. I cannot get comfortable.

We use a pain scale from 1 to 10 over here, 10 being the worst possible pain and zero being none. My best pain is a five. But it is grounding when it is all constantly happening .

I had a visiting nurse come today for two hours and assess my medications and my blood pressure etc. I almost threw up and took an anti-nausea medicine before she left.

I cannot eat food, I did have a couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese this morning and just had a protein smoothie that I made before My operation last week .

I have always had crappy asleep ever since my mom used to pass out Stonecoal drunk with the cigarette burning in her hands and she would drop them on the floor of our home . I would wait until the wee hours of the morning as an eight-year-old girl and wait until she passed out enough that I could pick up the burning cigarette off the carpet and put it out in an ashtray and make sure that the lighters and the cigarettes were heading out of reach for the rest of the night .

The anxiety of burning alive in my sleep has never really left. I also just have a hard time getting to sleep and then I have a hard time staying asleep. Needless to say, there’s not been any better since the operation . Willow perhaps you have something there and maybe instead of fighting it—I should just go along with it .

Sleep, nutrition, and abstinence from poisons are also important to our health. I wish that for all of us today 😍
Old 11-05-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Oh Free, I feel for you, both the pain you’re in now, and the scared 8 year old inside you how awful. It reminds me again of how grateful I am for my safe upbringing by my beautiful sober Mumma who I still miss almost unbearably.How I ended up an alcoholic I don’t know, neither of my parents drank hardly at all. Very rarely they might have one small glass of wine at Christmas or something like that. And I couldn’t ever get enough, right since I was 15 I would drink until I was rip roaring drunk and vomiting. Ughh.

We also use a pain score 0-10. I think it’s perhaps universal? Can they give you anything stronger? Hopefully the nurse can organise better pain management. 5 is way too high, as you know yourself sending you lots of healing vibes ❤️

The sleep cycle is really interesting. I explained it to a friend who has said she’s much less anxious about sleeping now that she understands the cycle which is about 90 minutes thereabouts, so we come back to light sleep and may awaken then, but will go back into the cycle and fall asleep again if we remain calm
Old 11-05-2018, 06:11 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

My mind is a little weary tonight of thinking about alcohol a lot. I'm not sure what that means. It's not that I want anything to drink, not in the least. It's just a feeling similar to staring at the same picture for a very long time. I'm sure it will pass, but I thought I'd share.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Thanks Guener

I think there are many “wise” people here on this site that I’ve been following for quite some time and even some of those that haven’t been sober as long as I have, but they all seem to have one thing in common —and that is some really good thoughts to share.

One that I read in the last two weeks was by a member here called Nez

They said to remember to keep the front door open to those feelings and let them in——but also remember to keep the back door open so that they can leave rather quickly.

Do not ask them to stay for Tea

And definitely do not act upon their wishes.

��

(((((Guener))))))
Old 11-06-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

I should have been more clear, I wasn't tired about thinking about drinking myself, rather, I was getting some fatigue of thinking about alcohol related issues for an extended period of time. It's kind of like going through a deck of flash cards for a long time, and your head begins to say "enough for a while". So, I put aside reading most of the threads abounding until this morning, when I felt again it would be productive.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

😍
Old 11-06-2018, 12:46 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

I hear you Guener. Sometimes you just need to switch your brain off and do something totally different. For sure! I can only focus intensely for a certain period of time before it does my head in and I have to go and recharge elsewhere. However I love that SR is here 24/7 for whenever I’m feeling vulnerable or need a bit of motivation around staying sober

How are you doing Free? Have you got any relief from the pain? I hope you start feeling better really soon ❤️
Old 11-06-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Today was a good day, like a stone skipping across still waters.