Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Old 12-07-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Safe flight Free!
It will be good to get away to some warm weather and a change of scenery for a bit
I agree, kitten photo please Guener
Old 12-07-2018, 03:59 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I had kind of a rough night, too, Free.

I woke up in the middle of the night, was going to just stay up, had some coffee and *no* Internet connectivity. Since the kittens got up with me, they were in a mode to race around the apartment endlessly. So, I was going on a cup of coffee without any distraction that I hoped to have. Poor me, LOL. I did get some more sleep, though.

Have a great time in Sunny FL, and we will look forward to those pics.

I will try to remember to take some more pics of the kittens to post later.

Looking forward to a few things at work but equally happy that the weekend will be here for other things soon.

My head is a bit racing with thoughts this morning, I hate that. I need to not worry about life as sober but just be sober right now. The last part is working well enough!
Old 12-07-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

The house right next to my sisters
Old 12-07-2018, 07:42 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

My sister in her kitchen
Old 12-07-2018, 07:43 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

The pool and her “birdcage” as part of her house
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

The place settings for our dinner at her house were like something out of a movie set. Baked spice Broccoli. Cod with Parmesan cheese. Garlic brown rice . And An Unbelievable salad. For an appetizer it was smashed fried plantanes with a cilantro pesto sauce on top it was out of this world!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

The pool room looks absolutely amazing Free! What a fabulous place, very inviting
And it sounds like your sister put on a feast! Well done staying sober, I hope you get some sleep!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

The weather has really turned here, from a stinking hot heatwave of 43 each day, to overcast, stormy looking clouds and wind. Forecast is for truckloads of rain too....
Old 12-08-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I saw your photos over on the Weekender thread, Free, but thanks for posting them here, too. I want to be sure to vicariously enjoy your time away. I'm still drooling over the kitchen, LOL.

It's still too early to tell yet, as it's still dark outside, but I am looking forward to some of the sunshine after a gloomy week here. If we traded skies, Willow, I appreciate that you may be a bit bound to be inside for a while. I need some lighter days now that we are coming toward full winter darkest days over the next couple of weeks or so.

Kitties get their shots today, so I wonder how they will take it with me delivering them to the vet for the first time.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:39 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Guener I’m sure your kitties will be very glad when you take them home again how old are they now? My “kittie” is 5 now, a big solid lazy lump of a cat these days

I too love Free’s sister’s kitchen, but I really really like the pool area best, that would be my favourite spot I’m sure... Is the pool heated? I’m guessing it needs the birdcage because it gets cold there? Our pool is just outdoors. We don’t swim much in winter, but could swim all year if we wanted, our winter is still about 25C during the day

I hope you’re all having a nice sober weekend
Old 12-08-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

The bird cage is just screened for bug control. Open air. 😍
Old 12-08-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Lovely

Gilmer just shared this on the weekender thread. I thought it might help on those rough days. It helps me anyway. Thanks Dee and Gilmer ❤️

“This is a paraphrase of Dee: sometimes we're doing well just to get by. There's no law that says it has to be graceful!”

If you’re struggling with the enormity of it all (this sober life, or anything really), remind yourself “Today it’s enough to just get by.”
Old 12-08-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

The kittens are about 14 weeks old now. After their visit for shots they went and fell asleep in a pool of sunshine for a while. When the sun moved on, they came up and curled onto my chest, when we all had a nap together. It was nice.

Sometimes I feel totally ungraceful in recovery, LOL. I am glad that I don't have to preoccupy myself over it, because it's usually at home where I have only myself to see (along with the cats). I guess at work, if I'm having a discombobulated kind of day, others witness my mind in a state, but thus far nothing crazy has happened. I don't beat myself up when I fumble, at least.

I used to love to swim for relaxation. I love the water. I should seriously think about taking it up again. I don't seem to have the energy these days to do too much outside of my routine. It's definitely on my list of things to add to my recovery.

Tomorrow I'm going to my parents house, and we are going to bake some holiday cookies.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

A nap with the kitties sounds lovely ❤️

I think taking up swimming again is a great idea Guener. You might find you have more energy if you’re doing something physical on a regular basis. I know I do anyway
Old 12-08-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

The AV just launched at me. Ahhhhh. That was rather a strong attack. So I went for a walk in the rain and now I’m having icecream in an attempt to quash it’s intensity. I will not drink today.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay strong Willow - The AV only wants a drink - consequences are immaterial to the AV..

A drink never makes anything better - only worse.

Time for a new thread tho:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-4-a.html (Class of May 2018 Part 4)

D