Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Old 06-10-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-20.html (Class of May 2018 Part 2)

D
Old 06-10-2018, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74

Hello!

Lucky LAST day 13 here.

Willow, glad you didn’t listen to the addictive voice. So hard sometimes. You conquered this tough weekend, and you can conquer ALL the days.

When I stopped smoking 30 years ago, sometimes the only thing that kept me going was the fact I NEVER wanted to go through early months of withdrawal again. So hard.

Relapse was not an option then, and it isn’t now for my alcohol addiction.

I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind. I know the AV gets weak as I replace drinking with healthier thoughts and activities.

There were no meetings or 12 step programs for nicotine addicts. I don’t go to AA now, as all of my SR family helps me immensely.

I’m hoping everyone chooses sobriety today!!

Best,

Free
Old 06-10-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Every single day I will say: I will not drink today

Thanks for that reminder Free 😊
I quit smoking 6 years ago and haven’t touched one since. I don’t have any desire whatsoever to smoke anymore. I had given up smoking several times previously, once for 3 years and started again. Ridiculous. When I quit last time I decided I never ever wanted to go through withdrawal again so I would never smoke again. And I won’t.
So I need to look at alcohol in the same way. I’ve stopped many times, sometimes for a couple of weeks over the years but always started again. Each time it’s been harder to stop, I haven’t lasted as long and withdrawal has been worse. It’s simple really. I don’t ever want to go through withdrawal again. I just read my “stop drinking” diary that I started writing mid April. I had 4 horrible withdrawals over 4 weeks (on the weekends the AV got me each time and the Monday-Friday were just awful) before I actually stopped for good on 14th May. Today is now the 4th Monday in a row without a hangover!! I feel great. I never want to go through withdrawal again so it’s simple really. Never drink again and I won’t ever have to!

I will not drink today. No excuses. I will pledge this to myself every single day for the rest of my life. No more hangovers ever. No more drinking ever.

Today is day 29. I’ve made a full 4 weeks without a drink! Happy 😊
Old 06-10-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BDTL I meant to say in response to your last post, which gave me a good chuckle by the way, to me as an Aussie, you’d definitely have an accent 🤣🤣🤣

Mantalady? Survivor?
Just wondering how you’re doing?
Hope everyone is going ok, stay strong!
Old 06-10-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
BDTL I meant to say in response to your last post, which gave me a good chuckle by the way, to me as an Aussie, you’d definitely have an accent 🤣🤣🤣

Mantalady? Survivor?
Just wondering how you’re doing?
Hope everyone is going ok, stay strong!

lol thanks mate.... You should hear this old Georgia boy talk in person.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Class and thanks for asking BDTL! xx At the airport now waiting to board the flight to rehab! Really nervous now! I am a nervous flyer and this is the first leg of 7 hours of the 14 hours flying time. Got 2 hours sleep last night and was up at 4am. Hope everyone is well, will catch up on your posts on the plane as haven’t had any time to do this for last couple of days xx
Old 06-11-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Travel prayers to you manta,

Thanks for update.

Where there’s a will , there’s a way.

The rehab is just an avenue to help you gain sober muscle, all the hard work is yours and you are STRONG. You have the will.

Keep us updated if it’s allowed.

Free
Old 06-11-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So good to be 2 weeks today

I was so glad to log back in here and see the familiar logins and hear from you all! Manta Lady off to treatment, yeah!!! Great things are in store!

Sorry have not checked in. Crazy busy with some family things, was at a funeral and they passed around a bottle of bourbon to toast to the deceased person and I passed that bottle so fast! No thanks!! I have not been two weeks sober in a few months. Grateful for today!! This week I present a good friend of mine with 36 years sober medallion. Gives me hope I can obtain my long term sobriety again! One day at a time. Plan to be back and active on heat again! Hugs to all!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Lol I just realised it was DM that was talking about not having an accent, not BDTL lol 🤣 well that’s what I get from posting on SR from my phone, I can’t actually see anyone’s posts when I’m writing, so I’m relying on my memory to recall who said what. My memory doesn’t seem that great at the moment, I think it’s a bit of PAWS brain fog maybe....?

But anyway, to both DM and BDTL, I love American accents, and Canadian, British and pretty much all foreign accents. We Australians don’t actually think we have accents ourselves haha 🤣🤣

Survivor 2 weeks is fantastic, well done! 😊

Mantalady, Free is right, you’re strong and you’ve got this! I’m looking forward to hearing all about rehab. You’re going to learn all sorts of tools to foil the AV and stay sober. How exciting! I kinda wish I could come too 😊

How’re you doing DM?

Stay strong everyone and have a great day. I’m on day 30 today! Woohoo! 😀
Old 06-11-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay strong everyone and have a great day. I’m on day 30 today! Woohoo! 😀
Congrats willow for the big 3-0!!

30 x 1
15 x 2

10 x 3
6 x 5

Any way you slice it, it’s fantastic!!

Best,

Free
Old 06-11-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Congrats willow for the big 3-0!!

30 x 1
15 x 2

10 x 3
6 x 5

Any way you slice it, it’s fantastic!!

Best,

Free
Thanks Free! Have a wonderful day/night 😊
Old 06-11-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while. I'm now on 46 days sober. It's amazing how quickly this month is going compared to the first 30 days of sobriety. It really is getting easier and easier. The days are just flying past. Even the weekends now, I have forgotten the habit of drinking on weekend nights, and it feels normal to not be drinking instead.

I really am enjoying life now. Life is SO much better sober. Anxiety levels are at their lowest levels since I can remember.

BUT, I know I must stay vigilant. I will never take my sobriety for granted.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while. I'm now on 46 days sober. It's amazing how quickly this month is going compared to the first 30 days of sobriety. It really is getting easier and easier. .....
Primativo, So inspiring!!!

Congrats and glad your sailing is smooth. Changing the thought processes is a new habit to form, and your words reflect success!

So glad to see you post

Free
Old 06-11-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while. I'm now on 46 days sober. It's amazing how quickly this month is going compared to the first 30 days of sobriety. It really is getting easier and easier. The days are just flying past. Even the weekends now, I have forgotten the habit of drinking on weekend nights, and it feels normal to not be drinking instead.

I really am enjoying life now. Life is SO much better sober. Anxiety levels are at their lowest levels since I can remember.

So good to hear Primativio! This is awesome news 👍😊 I’m on day 30 and being sober is starting to feel normal for me too 😊 although the AV keeps sneaking in it’s getting easier to ignore 😊
Old 06-11-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Hi all,

Awesome dude! Keep drinking the stuff you are on now because it's one hell of alot better than alcohol. Proud of ya and stories like this are what we all are working towards. One foot and one day at a time. Get er done!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone 😊 just a quick check in. I hope everyone is doing ok today. One day at a time 😊 I’m rediscovering yoga which I used to do a lot of but have done less of lately as drinking took up most of my time and energy. It’s fantastic! Really great to lift my low moods. I’d definitely recommend it if you have mood swings like I do.

DM have you tried yoga? Maybe Power Yoga? It’s pretty popular all around the world and lots of guys as well as girls do it. Very powerful at balancing mood 😊
Old 06-13-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!

I’m getting into yoga too. I have a hard time bending.

This weekend I’m going to bail hay at my sisters in Michigan. It’ll keep my hands busy for sure.

What are my SR Friends planning to do this weekend?

BDTL—golf?

Professor D?

Bumblebee?

Survivor K?

Calmself?

On my iPhone, can’t see everyone but trying to remember all of your names.....

Free
Old 06-13-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

So good to hear Primativio! This is awesome news 👍😊 I’m on day 30 and being sober is starting to feel normal for me too 😊 although the AV keeps sneaking in it’s getting easier to ignore 😊
Congrats on day 30, we got this
Old 06-13-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone 😊 on day 32 and feeling good today 🤗
Free this weekend I’m going to a yoga class then doing some pottering round the house and garden. We were away camping last weekend so it will be nice to relax at home 😊
Old 06-14-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone 😊 on day 32 and feeling good today 🤗
Free this weekend I’m going to a yoga class then doing some pottering round the house and garden. We were away camping last weekend so it will be nice to relax at home 😊
Willow. Sweet!!!

Enjoy....

Free