Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 3

Old 07-07-2018, 06:20 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi D
Hi Free
Hi BDTL
So glad you’re all still here ❤️
Congratulations on 40 days Free! And 83 days BDTL! Awesome job!

I’ve had a pretty challenging weekend away for work (alone, in a motel room with a bottlo right across the road (that’s Aussie for liquor store if you weren’t sure). The AV was rubbing it’s hands in glee! But I managed somehow to keep it at bay, largely with food, cups of tea and reading and posting on SR... If the AV had it’s way I’d be back on day 1 but thankfully I’m now on day 56
SR saved the day for me again ❤️
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2018, 06:24 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BDTL View Post
I'm still here trying to be my same old encouraging self.. lol 83 days sober for me today and working hard on my steps in AA. I have the occasional downer day and the blues plus anxiety kick in however I know it's a come and go thing. We have to ride the tide and keep our heads above the water. Let's kick this alcohol drinking thing square in the arse! Have a great and sober weekend all you May 2018 folks.
I love your posts and I have down days too BDTL, sometimes I wonder what I’m doing, why I’m trying so hard to be sober, but I know it’s the AV talking...
You’re right, we gotta kick it’s butt!

AV Us
Old 07-12-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone Just popping in to say hi

I hope everyone is doing ok?

I had a rather ordinary day yesterday but am feeling more positive again today. I’m on day 61 today (Friday). Thinking tomorrow is 2 calendar months since I stopped drinking (May 14) but my OCD doesn’t like how the calendar months don’t line up nice and neatly with the days and weeks lol.
May 14 was a Monday. July 14 is a Saturday. So 2 months is actually 8 weeks and 5 days ( or 62 days) which isn’t a nice even number of weeks or days lol

But really, the most important thing is... I will not drink today!

Stay strong everyone xx
Old 07-23-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hi all,

88 days sober now. I'm so happy with how it's gone. I remember on my day 1 someone at AA when I asked how long she was sober, said she had been 3 months sober and I remember thinking that sounded impossible, I was just shocked.

Well, here I am! I've done it too. Haven't been to AA since around day 14, just kepy myself in a good place mentally and physically by exercising, mindfulness and trying to live well.

I hope wherever everyone is from the May class, that they are staying sober and doing well.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Just behind you Primativo at 80 days. Feeling a lot better in myself and have even lost some weight.

Have a great day sobernauts. Onwards and upwards.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:08 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Primativo and Solly
Just a little behind you both on day 74
It’s getting less of a struggle to stay sober thankfully!
A few tricky moments here and there to navigate but still sober
Still not sleeping that well but maybe that will still improve (one can hope) but if not, ah well, at least I don’t wake up with horrible hangovers anymore and that’s a huge bonus
Old 07-27-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I got sober again on May 31 and have continued to post in the August 2017 thread even though I relapsed. I thought I should join this group as well since I'm starting over.

I struggled with really wanting a drink yesterday because I was bothered by something my boyfriend did. Other than that I'm doing pretty well with my sobriety.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
Old 07-28-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi Leanabanana and welcome this thread has gone pretty quiet but there are still a few of us May-ers popping in now and then

Well done on resisting the urge yesterday. I had a few tricky moments yesterday when talking to an old drinking buddy but managed to distract myself...
Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say hello
I’m on day 80 today and I just worked out that I’ve saved over $1000 since I stopped drinking 12 bottles of wine a week!!!! So I’m planning some kind of lovely treat for myself when I reach 90 days. I’m not sure what yet but I think I deserve a treat

Sending love and support to you all ❤️
Old 07-31-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I think you deserve a treat too! I have yet to quantify my savings, but I tended to buy cheap wine and I drank half a bottle to a bottle a day.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hello Class of May.

I started on the June thread by mistake, this is actually my class. 71 days today.

I think I got confused because for last two years, 2016 and 2017, I've stopped drinking on the 12th June and lasted around five and six months respectively.

This time around I've removed my rose tinted spectacles and thrown them in the bin. There is absolutely nothing nice or nostalgic about my past drinking and drugging.

J
Old 07-31-2018, 03:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Just checking in to say hello
I’m on day 80 today and I just worked out that I’ve saved over $1000 since I stopped drinking 12 bottles of wine a week!!!! So I’m planning some kind of lovely treat for myself when I reach 90 days. I’m not sure what yet but I think I deserve a treat

Sending love and support to you all ❤️
Well done and look at all that money you're saving!!!
Old 07-31-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Heading out for my Tuesday night AA meeting in a few minutes. 107 days and going strong. I suppose I should have joined the April group however since I joined SR in May, I hopped on to this month..... lol
Old 07-31-2018, 09:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BDTL View Post
Heading out for my Tuesday night AA meeting in a few minutes. 107 days and going strong. I suppose I should have joined the April group however since I joined SR in May, I hopped on to this month..... lol
We love having you in May BDTL! ❤️
Old 07-31-2018, 09:47 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP2 View Post
Hello Class of May.

I started on the June thread by mistake, this is actually my class. 71 days today.

I think I got confused because for last two years, 2016 and 2017, I've stopped drinking on the 12th June and lasted around five and six months respectively.

This time around I've removed my rose tinted spectacles and thrown them in the bin. There is absolutely nothing nice or nostalgic about my past drinking and drugging.

J
Hi BP2, Great to see you here! I will have to keep reminding myself this....
“There is absolutely nothing nice or nostalgic about my past drinking” because evry now and then my AV tries to tell me how lovely it was to have a glass of wine on the verandah, with friends, on a sunny afternoon etc etc etc but I have to keep reminding myself that no, it always led to having loads of drinks (generally 1-2 bottles) and a truly awful hangover...
Old 07-31-2018, 09:49 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leanabeana View Post
I think you deserve a treat too! I have yet to quantify my savings, but I tended to buy cheap wine and I drank half a bottle to a bottle a day.
I used to drink half a bottle a day, then a bottle, then a bottle wasn’t enough so it was crack open a second bottle... which I sometimes finished, especially on Friday Saturday and Sundays... Ugggghh thank goodness that’s over
Old 08-01-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

We love having you in May BDTL! ❤️
Thank you Willow! Awesome folks in this May thread and it's cool to see familiar names .
Old 08-01-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I used to drink half a bottle a day, then a bottle, then a bottle wasn’t enough so it was crack open a second bottle... which I sometimes finished, especially on Friday Saturday and Sundays... Ugggghh thank goodness that’s over
I probably would have progressed to that amount eventually. I'm glad I nipped it in the bud even though many didn't really think my drinking was that excessive.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

How are my May-ers doing?

Anyone get sober in May wants to drop in here, would welcome the company.

Feeling lonely

Old 08-02-2018, 01:34 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi BP

WILLOW

BDTL

DEE

Anyone I missed? I’m on phone can’t see when replying.

Day sixty something. Car was crunched

Sorry didn’t see previous posts here

Good week overall. Just a little overwhelmed about the car thing. Grateful I have insurance.

Sleep rough. Sometimes still anxiety

Curious what happened —what surrounded the relapse of our fellow Mayer after five and six months?