View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Here for 24 hours of beautiful sobriety.
I was reminded at a kids birthday party this weekend, where wine and beer was served at 1 pm, that a craving can come at any time. I was a little shocked as it’s the first craving I’ve had in months. And then I realized part of the reason I don’t have cravings is because I have sheltered myself from being around booze. I don’t go to social gatherings other than those hosted by my family and no one in my family has a drinking problem. I have built my sober muscle at these family parties over the last 13months so I was surprised that all you have to do is change the setting slightly (add people my age to the mix who are also parents to small children) and the feeling immediately changes. The desire to meet new people with a glass of wine in hand creeps in. The resentment of not being a normal drinker shows up. But I just sat with the feelings and thoughts and they passed within minutes. The girl I connected to the most was also not drinking so I got her number so we could get the boys together.
Just wanted to share.
Way to power through, Sunflowerlife. Sober muscles were strengthened.