Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 4

Old 05-26-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by viperidae View Post
listen to all of you with your love, kind wishes, positive attitudes. You’ve gone from proper miserable drunks to damn hippies
😂😂😂😂😂
Old 05-26-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils

I hope all is good with you. I'm posting quickly tonight as I need to go to bed, we're off to Majorca at stupid o clock and I need to try and get some sleep. I will post as soon as I can, if I can. If I don't post it will only be because the wifi is rubbish, I won't be drinking, it wouldn't be an option anyway even if I wanted to because I'm going with my husband and no way would he buy me alcohol or let me go to the bar.

I'll catch up with you all at some point tomorrow and I send you my love. xxx
Old 05-26-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Have a safe flight Daisy Mum !
Enjoy that holiday .. Well deserved xxx
Old 05-26-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Have a great holiday Daisybelle 😎😎 You don't need me to tell you drinking alcohol will do NOTHING to enhance your holiday but without it you and your hubby will have an amazing time. To be present and sober each day, to wake early and sit and enjoy the peace of the morning, swimming, sunbathing, delicious lunches washed down with sparkling perrier, walks, holding hands, feeling relaxed and calm, reading, going out for dinner every evening and truly savouring the food and sleep!! Wonderful, uninteruppted, restorative, sober sleep, coming home feeling refreshed and revitalised. You are going to have such a fab time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Sleep well xxx
Old 05-26-2018, 06:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hola Hola - Check In - 21:25 New England time

Got that new mean watch, up and running finally today. It’s awesome. I’m lying low, getting a few things done. Now I’m hooked, and binging on, Born to Kill. HBO Military History Drama about the Iraq War. It’s pretty realistic and insane.

I’ve been taking photos with my nice camera. I’ve got to get back into that. I opened a new Flickr page today at least. It’s something. I do nothing when I’m depressed.

Alrighty folks, I’ll be ensconced in my bed with the AC going. I’m seriously technically May. Whatever.

Later or tomorrow.

Viper
Old 05-26-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy holidays daisy mum xxxx
Old 05-26-2018, 10:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi guys and our dear girls of course!!
Late posting as everyone just left and it is now 12:59 am. Great party and everyone had fun and we finished off with s’mores on my fire pit. I have to stay honest because this is where I have to no matter what and will not lie to any of you. I drank with my friends to a very minimum, and I just spelled minimum with out spell check so if that means anything 🙄 I am stopping tomorrow. Kgirl my date will be 5/28/18. I have had enough and just want to stop. I had 4-5 beers throughout the course of the day,and I feel like I am letting myself down every time I take a sip. I’m tired of being fake and tired of listening to my excuses. I am tired of coming on here and telling people I care about stopping and then that I failed AGAIN. Done with it. I don’t want any, Donny keep trying and you’ll get it on your 100th try , no I won’t I am stopping today. I see your lives and how much better you feel and I want that and am going to get it.

Nichole, I honestly just glanced back so not totally caught up but you are going to the mountains?? I will read more in the morning but maybe it’s time for us to climb back down that mountain we have been climbing and are exhausted from and actually enjoy the beautiful view God has given us, instead of throwing back alcohol and when the sun sets not even being coherent enough to enjoy it. There is so much beauty in being sober Nichole, I have felt it and shamed that I gave it up, but God also gives us a new sunset and a new day every morning. It’s time for us to hold on and enjoy the ride together. Tomorrow is day one💜💜💜
Suze I also glanced back and saw something about duck pancake something and can’t click back because I will lose post bbbuuuuttt, I love you and I also have those Canadian people just north of me that make buckwheat pancakes with Canadian maple syrup...just sayin🤫. Enjoy your days off!! 💜💜

Daisymum!!! Off on your getaway!! I hope your husband finally comes around and sees how hard you are trying, and what a kind hearted woman he has walking through life with him. I know there are two sides to every story but I also know he has a wonderful wife that encourages and gives kind words everyday to people that need it. We all love you and enjoy you trip my dear Daisymum!!💜💜

Goodnight all and I know I missed some of you but just quick check in!! Love hoops? Vipe your back!! Rowland 😊💜Strawberry as always💜💜💜💜 Kgirl, everyone 💜💜
Old 05-27-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

nothing wrong with being a hippie

not sure if you guys wanted my date but I'm an Apriller too - April 6

D
Old 05-27-2018, 12:19 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good morning my lovely Aprils.
Its 08.10 and I'm currently sat on a plane in Gatwick airport. We've been diverted due to a medical emergency on board. The paramedics are working on a poor lady who has collapsed. I'm sat on an end seat not next to my husband and the chap in the middle seat sat next to me reeks of stale whisky and its seeping through his pours. It's knocking me sick. He has a big red face too. Hmmm he could be an alkie ��. Only me!!
Much love to you all and I'll keep you posted. ❤ xxxx
Old 05-27-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things get better soon DB

D
Old 05-27-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Oops I spelt pores wrong. Me too Dee thanks, mind you I've got my 84 yr old mum sat behind me and she's in her element with all the drama. I'm just hungry.
Xx
Old 05-27-2018, 02:55 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Daisybelle...things to be grateful for..
1. It is not you.or your husband that has had the medical emergency.
2. It is not you drinking whiskey and oozing alcoholic fumes.
3. It is not you getting excited by the drama.

You'll soon be on the beach or by the pool and can reeeelax . X x
Old 05-27-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Hi guys and our dear girls of course!!
Late posting as everyone just left and it is now 12:59 am. Great party and everyone had fun and we finished off with s’mores on my fire pit. I have to stay honest because this is where I have to no matter what and will not lie to any of you. I drank with my friends to a very minimum, and I just spelled minimum with out spell check so if that means anything 🙄 I am stopping tomorrow. Kgirl my date will be 5/28/18. I have had enough and just want to stop. I had 4-5 beers throughout the course of the day,and I feel like I am letting myself down every time I take a sip. I’m tired of being fake and tired of listening to my excuses. I am tired of coming on here and telling people I care about stopping and then that I failed AGAIN. Done with it. I don’t want any, Donny keep trying and you’ll get it on your 100th try , no I won’t I am stopping today. I see your lives and how much better you feel and I want that and am going to get it.
Hey you!
I am glad you enjoyed the party!!
I think that once we know drinking is a problem for us and we continue to drink we can never "enjoy" drinking with the wild abandonment we used to before we admitted we had a problem and therefore any drink taken is done so with guilt and shame. Not to mention where it takes us but aside from that just taking a drink doesn't hold any pleasure anymore as it is only, in my opinion, relieving the nagging craving we are having to take a drink.
The cravings WILl return. I had them yesterday. Of course we will get them, we are alcoholics and alcohol is everywhere and actually that is ok. I am accepting I will have cravings. I dont want to habs them but as they are going to come anyway I might as well accept it. It's what we do when we get the cravings that matters. Give in and take a drink and be straight back to square one? We will only have to quit again as we already know we cannot drink "normally." Or do we remind ourselves of the grim reality of our drinking.
Taken from William Porter, Alcohol Explained..
" If your mindset is such that you are only too happy to be free from the whole filthy mess, then every subconscious trigger will be the opportunity to remind yourself how lucky you are that you now have the knowledge to free yourself. The spiral of craving only starts if you entertain the possibility, however remote, of taking a drink.
You will stop craving something if you convince yourself it is repulsive and dreadful and has no benefit at all."

"The more we practice this when a craving occurs we are forcing a new lesson on our conscious and subconscious alike."

We will literally be retraining our brains so that in time the cravings will get fewer and farther between and weaker and weaker until (hopefully) one day they will cease to exist. That is why it is so important never to take even one drink ever again as we will be firing up our subconscious telling it that it needs alcohol and so it begins.

We are all doing this together. I have been where you are as I said before I havent just suddenly got this first time round. I had just reached a point where you seem to be now. I am just done with alcohol. It was my friend then it was my worst enemy. I cannot drink like normal drinkers, I will get smashed every time. Small amounts of alcohol leave me restless and irritable. Alcohol makes me feel guilty, ashamed, dirty, depressed, even suicidal. I refuse to live like that anymore.

I am proud of you for coming and posting Donny. Lets make this your ladt day one yeh?! 👍♥️♥️♥️♥️
Old 05-27-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Suze I also glanced back and saw something about duck pancake something and can’t click back because I will lose post bbbuuuuttt, I love you and I also have those Canadian people just north of me that make buckwheat pancakes with Canadian maple syrup...just sayin🤫. Enjoy your days off!! 💜💜
Duck pancakes are chinese food. Small thin little savoury pancakes filled with crispy duck, hoi sin sauce and shredded spring onions and cucumber. Delicious!!!!
Old 05-27-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

HI everyone,

I am still here!!!!
Please include me in roll call. My sober date is May 1st, 2018. I'm at 27 days today. Most I have had in years!! I have not been on since Monday. Computer problems and kids were using iPad and tons to do with work and whole family here! Good things but hard to check in,

I'm caught up on everyone's posts.
Daisy..have a safe trip.
Kgirl..congrats on your beautiful new granddaughter... What a blessing.
Donny..I'm sorry you drank but you will get this...you want it or you wouldn't be here. We are all thinking of you xoxo

Hit the beach yesterday for an me sun with some friends..beautiful day

Raining already this morning but lots to do in the house.

Enjoy the day everyone...so grateful to have you all xoxo
Old 05-27-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Roll Call as of 5/27/18

Quitnow4 April 15
Caramel
Dee April 6 (this makes me so happy that you are an Apriler too )
Donnyb May 28 (you got this donny!!)
Daisybelle April 6
Strawberry/ Louisa May 2
Rowlands1
kgirl/Kelley April 15
Erratic
snitch/Suze April 22
Nichole
Bluseymusey April 2
Viper
lovehoops May 1

Old 05-27-2018, 06:23 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

How is everyone doing?
Daisy - I feel for you, that would be a very uncomfortable plane trip. I guess the best you can do is relish in the fact that it's someone else being an alkie today. Can you imagine how miserable he probably feels? It's only upward from here for you! I do hope you enjoy your holiday!

Viper - good on you for keeping your mind occupied. I find myself easily bored and restless. I am working on being ok with bored....it's better than the alternative. I wish I had more desire to get back to my scrapbooking but I also am working on being mindful and not pushing myself or saying things like "I need to" or "I have to". I instead say "I want to" So yesterday I wanted to read not scrapbook and that's ok Be proud of yourself Viper, you are doing amazing!

Donny - relapses are a part of our sober journey, too. I know that sounds weird but think about it....you relapsed and you picked up more information about why you should stay sober. This will only help you. What's that saying "Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn". What can you take from this last relapse and add to your sober toolbox? Sounds like the confirmation that drinking is no longer fun. I'm proud of you for coming back and being honest. That, too, is a big deal. It means you really want it. And we are here to help you achieve it
Hi Dee, Rowlands, suze, lovehoops, strawberry
Erratic, Blusey, nichole, quitnow4, caramel...how are you? Stop by and say hi

To my sober family, thank you for sharing your journey. It is a big part of my recovery and I am so grateful for each of you.

Keep on, keepin on!
Old 05-27-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowlands1 View Post
Have a safe flight Daisy Mum !
Enjoy that holiday .. Well deserved xxx
Thank you Rowlands, we did have a safe flight and we've arrived at last. All is well xx
Old 05-27-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze and as you know drinking alcohol isn't an option. It won't be happening. Ha ha ha I think you wrote all that before you realise we were taking my mum. When I read your post I had mental image of the other half, myself and my mum walking across the beach holding hands 😂 . We're actually all inclusive which if I wasn't with my husband would be one hell of a challenge. I'm just sat on the balcony of our room at the moment with a coffee and right now I have no desire to drink. I shall have to take each day as it comes but I won't be drinking, I shall remind myself that's it's just for today.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Great to read your post Viper and your new watch sounds ace. You watch some pretty heavy stuff, I'd be having nightmares. Good idea to start using that camera, what kind of pics do you take? Scenery, nature, people?? Look after yourself and keep posting.