Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 4

Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Kgirl, you sound good, and 45 days is great, but I think AA would probably do us both good. I have looked into my area and they there are a lot around where I live. I feel the same way as you though about the apprehension. They are just like us though right so what do we have to lose? Look what it has done for Suze.
Daisymum, I cringe at the thought of some of the stupid things I’ve done while drunk! I know I thought it was funny at the time and so did my fellow drunken buddies who would be egging me on, but I can only imagine how much of an a** I looked like to a sober person. Glad your trip is going well and better be putting on that sunscreen!!
Strawberry, I bet you felt like pouring a beer on him!! I guess if he was in that much of a rush to get it, maybe he needs to be on here with us! 😊
Suze, although this is never an easy road, I’m glad you made a pit stop to back at the beginning, to see how far you have come. I am so happy you are a part of our family, because you are an absolute inspiration. Yes, the best gift you could give your daughter is sobriety, but I am sure she already knows her greatest gift is having you as a mum.
V, I need to read back more but I hope all is well today? I saw an ad today for cameras today, and they are so nice, but you can drop some serious money into them! It’s not a cheap hobbies I am sure, but if it makes you happy go fo it friend! I also agree with Daisy btw, don’t make me take on an alter ego name like Donny#% just to go into the May circle to see what you are up to, stick with us!!! I drank in April and May but I am a April4life✊🏼
Erratic and yes, 5upersonic, hope all is well? Have to read back more but Rowlands and lovehoops hope you both had wonderful days!!
Nichole, still with us and so happy for that💜💜
I had a good day today but was so hot! I work outside most of the time and do a lot of physical labor, and it was 92 degrees Fahrenheit(yes not sure Celsius) but it felt so good to kind of cleanse my system. I drank a gallon of water. I feel good. I also went to my fathers, and we have been looking through a lot of old pictures lately which I have really enjoyed. So many memories of people that meant a lot in my life all gone. My dad is the youngest of 12 siblings, and only 2 of them are still here. I was also struck with the fact that so many pictures had my dad holding a beer in his hand. Granted many of them were at parties or get togethers, but he also told me after he left Germany( stationed in the army) when he got back to the states he gained 50 pounds or 3 1/2 stone😊😊😊 ok if that’s not right keep it to yourselves, but anyway he said it was from drinking beer. Maybe I am not the only one who had issues in my family. Yet I could still never talk to him about my problems so it is what it is. Ok, babbled enough and time for bed. I am going to read back and if I missed anyone know alcohol seeped up many of my brain cells but much love to all of you and sleep well everyone!!
Old 05-29-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Daisymum I am with you. Sorry about the misspells and mistakes but a mans fingertips are not made for a tiny iPhone keyboard! I need to invest into a computer or actually take mine back from my daughter!
Old 05-29-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hello April friends!

Just checking in at almost 7pm in California. Full flower moon tonight - not sure what it means really but sounds nice! haha!

Kgirl - I can completely relate to where you're at right now. It's tough when you feel so drab, bored, like everything is less exciting, etc etc... I think part of that is just our brain chemistry getting back to a healthy level? For me, my Vitamin D level is SUPER low - so I've upped my intake of vitamins, minerals and amino acids but I won't wake up balanced out tomorrow ( I wish!). All I know is that it takes time and it won't always be like this. Hang in there in maybe go to AA to get out of this feeling for a bit? I find meetings can be entertaining and distracting from my own feelings of malaise... You're doing great though and we're in this together <3

Daisy, glad you're enjoying your trip. An island vacation sounds just lovely. Hope you're soaking up every molecule of sunshine, you certainly give us plenty of sunny vibes on the daily! Thank you <3

DonnyB - Day 2 - awesome! You're a warrior man, you've totally got this. My last drink ended at the sink as well dumping a half bottle of Rose' down the drain since I knew if I drank it, I'd sink back into the hold I just crawled out of...no thanks! Keep moving forward, it's the only direction you'll want to go and I know you know that...

Nichole, so happy you keep fighting the good fight. You're on here posting and being honest. If those aren't steps in the right direction, I don't know what is?! Please remember with upcoming trip that you can absolutely have fun with no booze...fun that you can remember the next day. Fun that won't be overshadowed by remorse, regret, feeling ill on many levels. Purely and authentically being YOU - that's an amazing feeling and beautiful gift to yourself and to all your loved ones.

And to ALL, I'm sending encouraging thoughts and love to you wherever you are on this great big magnificent marble floating out in space - haha!

Sweetest dreams Aprils!!

xo
Old 05-29-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

My dear April family
I know how it can be at times you feel like you can scream your alcoholic voice is in over drive but I promise you that sobriety is the best way no I haven’t been sober for a long time but I’ve screwed up a lot and know that the only positive way in life is sobriety no matter how hard the times get and how things get turned. Upside down remember it’s your life and make the best of it cause y’all are truly beautiful people and hope the best for you nobody deserves the pain and suffer from alcoholism if you ever feel alone don’t because you have me to talk to be happy count your blessings and remember your worth it take care y’all
Old 05-29-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi. I’m a little late but ok. I did go home and nap after my morning eats and that nap put in a me in a coma the rest of the day.

I just watched ‘Everything Must Go’ with Will Farrell on HBO. It was really good. I’ll tell you the premise without ruining anything. It’s a serious film, but of course anything with Farrell is going to be funny. He loses his big-time job, and his wife, in the first 3 minutes. All of his stuff is on the front lawn when he gets home, and she’s changed the locks. He sets up a living room right there, with all the stuff, a barka lounger, mini fridge, bookcases, etc, and a consumes Pabst Blue Ribbon constantly for the 5 days he’s legally allowed to camp out there, on his suburban front lawn. Hilarity, irony, and a plunge into darkness ensue for the next 100 minutes.

A good film for alcoholics. Plus a pretty good statement on life and ‘normal.’ Normal is a crock of s*** as far as I’m concerned.

Viper Out!!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:00 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Nichole I wanted to reach out and say you just need to keep trying. Do what’s right for you. Try to keep grounded. AND keep talking to us.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Nichole I wanted to reach out and say you just need to keep trying. Do what’s right for you. Try to keep grounded. AND keep talking to us.

Thanks I’m truly trying but I seem to screw everything up in life and only thing I know what to do is drink until I wake up the next morning which I know that’s not life I’m starting to realize how bad off I am and the only one to change it is me I find every reason to pick up a drink and that’s not how life works I need to wake up and realize I’m slowly killing my self
Old 05-29-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyones capable of change Nichole

D
Old 05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

28!!!!!
Let's she what fun work brings today xx
Old 05-29-2018, 11:50 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Morning All,
So I binged last night on epic amounts of chocolate & have woken with a rotten headache.
It's like drinking wine ..I just can't have one ...have to go crazy & sabbatage the healthy eating plan.
My husband came home from work & was a bit narky with me..he talks to me like
Crap sometimes & to simply keep the peace at i home I don't respond.
This really is one of my triggers ..& I need to think how I can keep calm & not reach
Out for food as a comfort.
Sorry that probably sounds weird but I've replaced food for wine.
Sorry to ramble so early in the morning.
Off to Walk the pups..hopefully the fresh air will brighten my spirits & the headache.
Have a good day all xx
Old 05-30-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn everyone! xxx

sry just got on laptop as i have a free moment as little grandson is sleeping his morning milk off. Got here early hrs of tuesday and staying until next wed and then daughter and grandson and father is going to travel with me back to scotland and see grandpa for his bday in a couple of weeks, which shame we just found out that it will only be next week as willem is due for his first needles at 6wks so has to be back down here.

hope u all are doing ok, will catch up with all the posts when can.

have a great day! xxx hugs
Old 05-30-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Good afternoon my April's
Hope you're all ok. It's gorgeous and warm here now after a cloudy start. We've done a lot of nothing much today apart from having a little stroll to a Chinese bazaar which disappointingly sold a load of rubbish, and what was ok we can buy at home anyway in the £1 shops. We've got a Mediterranean night tonight at the hotel with flamenco dancers 💃💃💃.Could be fun.
Anyway I'd best go. Hope you all have a better day than yesterday. Love to you all. Xxx

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:16 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Daisymum I am with you. Sorry about the misspells and mistakes but a mans fingertips are not made for a tiny iPhone keyboard! I need to invest into a computer or actually take mine back from my daughter!
Hola Donny boy
I agree, you need to treat yourself to a new computer/ laptop or even a tablet. Why not?Just do it.
I shudder when I think of some of the stupid, thoughtless things I did when I was drinking, it doesnt bare thinking about and I do try not to dwell on it too much, what's past is past, but I do get awful flashbacks when I'm least expecting it.
Wow, your dad was from a big family, I bet he wasnt spoilt. I love looking at old photos too, both my
parents descendants are from Southern Ireland and it's so interesting to learn their history and look at the photos. My mum's side were farmers and extremely poor.
Next time you are looking at the photos of your dad with his beer, perhaps you could sort of subtly ask him if he could it hard to cut back on it, just to see if he gives any indication of any drinking problems. I'm not suggesting you tell him that your an alcoholic as I know he's around my mum's age and I don't think it's right to cause them unnecessary distress at their time of life, they've been through enough. Just a little gentle questioning maybe. Xxxx
Old 05-30-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi Bluesey and thank you so much for your kind words. I'm enjoying my holiday and feeling very chilled out and relaxed, which is something I've not felt for a long time.
A full flower moon sounds so lovely, whatever it is lol.
I didn't realise you were an A.A er, good on you, sounds like you enjoy the meetings.
Keep taking those vitamins e.t.c and before you know it you'll be like a new woman. Xx
Old 05-30-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Rowland's my husband also talking like crap to me . And I hate it wen he dose it Infriunt of the kids . He yelled at me today coz I forgot to buy cornflakes ... It's not as if I'm sat on my arse all day doing nothing .
Anyway wine was also my escape ! at least food is healthier than wine !!!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Men ...Hey Strawberry!!?
( no offence Donny & Viper ! )
I think the wine certainly used to take the edge off the bickering at times..
Or actually made me just not care.
And of course having been sober for the last 3 months has certainly given me
Time to reflect on my marriage.
I'm going away for a week with my mum soon so maybe some space will make us both relextive ?
I feel for you working 24/7 with young kids ...having ur head bitten off by ur other half certainly not helpful
How's the none smoking going ?
Think ur great going double whammy !
Old 05-30-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Reflective !
Old 05-30-2018, 12:37 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I'm back smoking again ;( made 5 days ... Then it's so hard in Greece not to smoke ... Everyone e smokes ... I'm still going to fight it!

Night night everyone cx
Old 05-30-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Nichole, ‘starting to realize’ the toll of this, as you say is very good. Nobody can ask for better than starting to ‘get it.’ That’s how we get moving. Every journey begins with a single step. You’ll realize more and more.

You’re not going to look back too fondly 15 years from now if you’re in the same spot. I speak from experience. You’re probably a pretty awesome smart person (most drinkers are!).

Start out just observing. Ask yourself some questions. What do I really want? Where would I like to be (sky’s the limit)? What am I looking for in this glass of booze? Am I bored? Need adventure? Not happy with my current lot? You’ll start to put the pieces together. Be mindful of things.

Do an experiment: Hey I went for a sober hike today. How did that make me feel? Experiment 2: I’m going to down 2 bottles of red tonight. How did that make me feel? I don’t actually encourage #2, just saying!

None of us can cope, that’s barely a reason. We all have paper tigers as coping mechanisms.

I have found that an extremely caring Life Coach has been the single most positive thing I’ve done. Multiple day programs, years and years of therapy (which did help), AA, etc., nothing like the coach.

Start trying stuff. Hope that helps. It’s obvious you don’t want to drink, so maybe think about, what do you want?

Viper
Old 05-30-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

5pm check in. Viper accounted for. I feel really up today. Sunshine, heat, my meds, my vitamin levels, not drinking for a couple of days. I’m too high. I’ve got to be careful. I took a chill pill. I’m in for the day.

Later on

V