Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 4

Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=bluesymusey;6909282]Greetings to all!

Catching up on all your posts.

Daisybelle, I hope you have an amazing trip - I love that island. I was drunk on the plane in both directions myself - that was about 15 years ago before my addiction turned wretched, but unbeknownst to me -- I was well on my way back then. Sounds like you have a good plan in place and happy to hear you're not having the cravings . Enjoy your fun in the sun

Hi Bluesey, Majorca is a lovely island and an ideal place to bring my mum as its only a 2 hour flight ( apart from when we came this time and had to detour to Gatwick) and believe it or not I've never been drunk on a flight, I made up for it when I got to my destination though! Anyway it's good to feel the sun on my face, natural vitamin d. I'm glad you're in a better frame of mind.xxx
Old 05-28-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Suze, sounds like you also had a lovely day, and I have to say I picture you in this beautiful English countryside garden and birds flying around With your family sipping wine reminds me of a movie!! It makes me smile! You are like an imaginary Snow White out there with squirrels smiling and birds landing on your shoulder chirping!! Ok maybe that’s pushing it🙄 but it’s a lovely picture nevertheless!! [/QUOTE]

Omg.Donny 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Errmmmm hmmmm yeh not quite like that lol. Still, was a nice day though. X
Old 05-28-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Okay I think I got my sh*t together day 1 I’m actually happy about it I got some back reading to do hope all is well take care y’all
Old 05-28-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I’m not happy with myself. I’m got back in the game. Woke up at 2pm today!! I slept through Memorial Day brunch. Brunch would have been cool if I was awake and feeling decent. I love my nephews.

Today is a new day. And a new week. Im thinking of looking into May’s group. I won’t leave you guys just yet.

I’m at the coffee shop having a nice coffee. The car has a load of Whole Food stuff in it. Chicken and Brussels sprouts, strawberries, mangos, oat bars, crackers. I’ll take the day for what it is and chill out.

When it got warm out, I got way more energy and that’s what’s fueling this. I need a different way to realeas it. My Life Coach has been texting back and forth. Her take is that I am looking for something. There is something crave. It’s not alcohol. Sit down and write, ‘what is it I really want right now?’ Then start writing about what it would feel like to have that or be in that place. Write about it as if I’m there.

I’ve been mowing my dads lawn which is big. 2 months ago I would not have had the energy to do it.

I’ll check in, a couple of hours from now and later on. Words of encouragement appreciated.

Viper
Old 05-28-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Viper,
Sorry to hear you are back to square one, but I am only on day two, so we are both back at the beginning. Sounds like you are in an ok place so stay with us and enjoy the food...
Old 05-28-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Nichole,
So glad you are back and sound good! Stay with us💜
Old 05-28-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Suze,
Leave my Suze in the countryside garden vision alone!! It is such a happy place😊💜
Old 05-28-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Hi all just a quick check in 44 days sober here. Enjoying a long holiday weekend sober. I have gotten a lot of R&R in! Amazing how rested you feel when not filling your body with poison. I used to totally be all in for long terrible binges on long weekends...because you have all that time to "recover" and "rest". Just another lie from the alcoholic voice.
I'll admit there were some moments of boredom and restlessness this weekend but I just went with it. I have had cravings and thoughts of drinking over the weekend as well. I followed my plan each time and checked in here, ate something and got busy distracting myself with a chore or reading. If I'm honest this hasn't been an easy weekend, I have had some uncomfortable moments but at the end of the day I am content and grateful. I am truly enjoying sobriety and wish we didn't have to face these demons but I guess it's necessary and part of the process.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Kgirl, you also sound great and 44 days is wonderful!! You worked through the cravings and are going to wake up sober and fresh after a holiday weekend and I am also!! Not the whole weekend but I made it halfway😊
Old 05-28-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluesymusey View Post
Greetings to all!

Catching up on all your posts.

Daisybelle, I hope you have an amazing trip - I love that island. I was drunk on the plane in both directions myself - that was about 15 years ago before my addiction turned wretched, but unbeknownst to me -- I was well on my way back then. Sounds like you have a good plan in place and happy to hear you're not having the cravings . Enjoy your fun in the sun!

Glad you're with us DonnyB! I love your story about pouring the alcohol down the sink (where it belongs!). It's a powerful moment when you really think about the devastation this liquid causes in our lives. Good on you!! You're taking some meaningful steps in the right direction.

Snitch, Viper, Kgirl, Dee, Suze, Rowlands, Strawberry & to anyone I missed - hope you all have a lovely Monday!

I had a better day today.. Storm clouds are beginning to move and my mood was mostly sunny today. I sure appreciate feeling good after weeks of feeling so lousy. Hope it sticks around for a bit. Maybe the Vitamin D is kicking in. Whatever it is, I'm going to bed with a smile. G'night all! xo
Bluesy,
Glad you are feeling better and hope the clouds stay away and the sun shines down on you!! 😊
Old 05-28-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Donny, thank you. It means a lot. Keep it coming folks. That made me feel a bit better.

Do I need the app to put the iPhone emojis in??

I’m retired to my TV den. I’m going to have dinner at 6:30 and watch the evening news.

Alrighty, I’ll check back later.

V
Old 05-28-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Dee, that hippie thing was just a joke. I like hippies. I like almost everyone except bankers and lawyers

Daisy thanks so much for your comment. Yeah the watch is boss. It’s kinetic, which means the motion of your body charges a battery that can last for 6 months on a full charge, and it has an accurate quartz movement. It’s super nice Dive Watch. I love the ocean. This watch is in Seiko’s Pro series. I upgraded the band to a super thick, boss, rubber strap too. However, kinetics don’t come with much charge. Some people have watch winders that rotate the watch so it charges. I’m using good old muscle and using a whip motion to turn the charging parts about 40 times multiple times a day. Once it hits full charge, if I wear it every day it stays fully charged.

The camera is awesome. It too is boss. I’m not scared of it anymore. The problem with cameras like this is lenses. You need a few, and they are not cheap if you care what you’re getting. Now that I know what I’m doing on this entirely new system for me (I switched to mirrirless Fuji) I’m going to branch out with a couple of good lenses.

V
Old 05-28-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I Had a good productive day, with a little rest in between. I honestly think the days after you stop drinking, feel like you are recovering from an illness. I always feel so great waking up but as the day wears on I get sooo tired and no energy. Oh well, what ever it takes I am going to do. I had such a moment of self awareness, and I honestly was sick with myself at that moment. I don’t and won’t let myself feel so badly again, not by my hand anyway. I have never felt so poorly about myself as I did when i stood over that sink, but I also felt a clarity in the same moment. I hit my bottom. It’s now time to stop
This madness or I am going to end up being an eventual statistic, or sick and hating life and I will not let it happen. I think it was you Daisymum who said, we are reborn every morning or something to that affect, and I love that, I am sooo tired of day ones, so I am here and I’m on day 2, and I feel tired, still broken, but also reborn.
Speaking of my Majorcan vacationing mum, hope you are having a wonderful time💜
Much love out to the rest of April and hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Old 05-28-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Daisybelle
I think you said some about husband or friends want to quit what would I say???
Well I would try everything in the world possible to keep them strong and from drinking I would be there to support there every step and be there to help if the fall!!!!
Old 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey all. Late check in from me in the U.k.

Have had a really nice day and am exhausted now. Stayed overnight at my mum and dad's with daughter and nephew stayed too. They are cute together but can be a handful! Today we went to my brothers for a bbq. I popped to shop before hand and stocked up on my fave San Pellegrino Limonata. My brother and his wife were drinking and my mum had a couple. My mum isn't a big drinker but she enjoys one or two. My brother and his wife can knock 'em back. They had prosecco (one of my faves) and I had a few slightly uncomfortable moments but I drank my drink and ate my food and I reminded myself that I am not missing out on anything and they passed by. At one point I was in the kitchen and the bottle was on the side and I picked it up and smelt it (don't ask me why!! Maybe cos I am an alcoholic?? Who knows?!) and I thought it was gonna smell inviting but it really didn't. It was actually quite repulsive!! Then towards the end of the evening my mum was looking sleepy and my brother and sis in law were still going but in a sort of tired but still can't put it down sort of way and I just felt such RELIEF that I didn't feel like that. I felt full of beans but also naturally relaxed. I liked the feeling!!! Its not one I am used to but it felt good.

So how are you all...??
I hope you are enjoying your holiday Daisy 😎🥗☕
Kgirl, I get you with the cravings but it is something we may have to accept for a while whilst we retrain our brains. We can and we are doing it 🤗🤗
Donny, yes please keep that image I don't want to shatter it for you haha. Well done on day 2. Have you found any meetings near by yet?
Viper... you can do this mate! I don't want to interfere with what your life coach is saying to you but for me personally I know I will only be able to figure out what it is I want once I have a bit of sobriety under my belt. At the moment that is all I am concentrating on. First things first, put the drink down. Concentrate just on today. I think it can be overwhelming to start thinking about too much early on. Well it is for me anyway. That alone can make me want to drink! Our main priority is to get and stay sober. What about AA for you? I am not sure if you have been before,I can't recall reading about it in your posts but listen, if I can do this you can too!!! ......I have just been to the States and went to Whole Foods. Their salads are amazing but it ain't cheap lol!! Also, I was looking at that Cobra Kai today on IDMB. I didn't realise it starred the original cast!! Am def gonna have to watch it when I get time!! Check out the May thread if you want but please don't leave us we will make a hippie of you yet!!! ✌😂 (my emojis are on my phone keyboard.. and I like to use them !!).
Glad you are back here NIchole ♥️♥️
Hey Blusey,Lovehoops, Strawberry, Rowlands, Erratic, Quitnow. Hope you are all good!
5upersonic where are ya??!!!

Night all
X x
Old 05-28-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Nichole and Vipe - no worries btw - I knew you were kidding

Great to see this group pushing forward - congrats to all

D
Old 05-28-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Morning All,
It's been a super busy weekend with one thing & another.
Certainly stressful...& yes I too have experienced some really uncomfortable moments ..while with friends & family who have been drinking.
In fact when we had our next door neighbours over for a BBQ...I was down right
Irritable...like. Grumpy 2 year old !
I couldn't have what I wanted WINE....Suze don't worry I sniffed the Rose Bottle
So yeah it clearly must be an Alcoholic thing !
We had a puppy stay over night .. a demented Cockerpoo..that wouldn't leave the
Poor blind Labrador alone ...I do wonder at times why I offer Doggy holiday care.
Anyway ..we had that awful thunder storm ..amazing lighting ..but set the puppy off howling ..guess who had to sleep on the sofa down stairs with it !! Moi
Hey ho.. onwards & upwards ...kids off this week half term although both are studying ..my daughter is 12 & in her first year of secondary school & they have exams when they go back next week.
Good that ur back on it Nichole ..remember to just take it slowly a day at a time.
Donny ...I totally get you hitting rock bottom ...but that's a good thing..you can only move forward & upwards in the right direction. As for the tiredness yep ..totally get it...I remember feeling utterly exhausted ...but you will bounce back..for now take it easy.
Lovely to hear from you love hops ..Strawberry hope your not working too hard..
Hope you have a brighter day Vioer..& Daisy Mum your having a fabulous break & soaking up some glorious sunshine
Much love to you all xxx
Old 05-28-2018, 11:53 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning April's
I hope you're all okay and ready to continue fighting the good fight. I'm well, feeling very chilled and going to go down for breakfast very soon. We had a quiz night last night and came 2nd. First prize was a bottle of champagne. So glad we didn't win. My mum had a couple of brandies and my husband had Bailey's. I didn't feel envious but I had to have a sniff of the Bailey's so perhaps it is an alkie thing.
Anyway I hope you all have a better day than yesterday.
Much love to you all.
Xxx
Never give up a dream because of the time it will take you to get there. The time will pass anyway.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I don't believe this ..
Just pottering in the kitchen & as I pulled a what I thought a glass bottle of non alcohol fizz...nope bottle of other halfs posh red wine & I dropped it ....
Smashed every where
Jesus it utterly stinks !
God if I'm not drinking I'm smashing it !!!!
I'm such a bloody klutz !!!!
Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Just laughing at the thought of us 3 sniffing drinks 😂😂😂
Old 05-29-2018, 02:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi again
Just in case I didn't say, I'm posting from my kindle while I'm away and it can be a bit tricky. It keeps auto correcting my words to random ones so please ignore anything that reads a bit odd, also I don't get any option to than you for your posts, but I am reading them and I have to reply to them individually. I need to be accountable whilst I'm away and I need to keep an eye on my lovely April family. Xx