Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 2

Old 05-22-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks D for your kind words, I won’t dwell on the past, I just need to make it through this weekend which is going to be a challenge as there will be lots of alcohol being drunk “in my honor”. I’ll be on day 13 by then, which is longer than I’ve been without drinking in about a year (when I made 18 days before caving). If the AV gets too strong I may have to say I don’t feel well or have a headache and just go to bed (party is at my house)

Bumblebee and Mantalady, what a great idea! And I love your jar idea Mantalady. I just realised I’ve been drinking at least a case of wine a week. Don’t know why it took me till now to realise this.... probably because I would slip to the liquor store nearly every day and pick up 1, 2 or 3 bottles (to last a few days... but always lasted less than I intended so repeat trip the next day). That’s got to be $120 (AUD) a week minimum.... I could afford a trip to the hairdresser as a birthday present reward for not drinking 🙂 and then save up for a travel adventure...

Thanks Kit, a mental allergy to alcohol, I love it, what great way to think about it to help us ignore the AV! “No thanks, I don’t want a drink. I’m allergic to alcohol, it makes me sick”... 🙂

Well done luvSOBERlife, and thanks for this, I need to remember this Saturday night...
“I can't tell you how mad at myself I would have been if I had given in to my AV who can be a tricky bastard. DO WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO BUT DON'T PICK UP THE BOTTLE! DON'T LET YOUR AV WIN!”

Stay strong. Happy Wednesday everyone 😊
Old 05-22-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I worked out that by day 30 I will have £278 ($373). That amount covers for my mortgage on my house, gas and electric, netflix and apple music for a month!
That is fantastic! What an incentive..
Old 05-22-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Weak1

D
Old 05-22-2018, 06:25 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post

Dust my butt off and try again. Made it to 18 days.
I made it to 6 and fell off last night. I am so mad at myself. I am starting back today.. We can do this!
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

I went to my third AA meeting tonight. It's so cool to have a community that understands what you are going though. I highly recommend looking for a support group if you have any struggles. It works!
Old 05-22-2018, 07:06 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

My sober date is 5-19-18 and it will be my sober date forever
Old 05-22-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Well I did purchase a nice 12.00 hair product today. Which I don’t feel guilty about after doing the math and realizing how much I spent on wine.

It is so crazy, I am hesitant to buy something for myself did 12 bucks... but I can easily spend 20 dollars on wine without thinking twice.

I will plan and look forward to giving myself a nice treat again on day 20.

Going to bed... having some urges and cravings today. Also overate.

Looking forward to waking up rested and sober tomorrow for day 11.

Goodnight!
Old 05-22-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AmbyMarie View Post
My sober date is 5-19-18 and it will be my sober date forever
Awesome! I am also saying the same about my date. 5.13.18

This is now a lifetime change for me... not just till I feel better, I think I can moderate (ha) or a certain d number of predetermined days.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:22 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
OX

Wow luvsoberlife, making it through that er experience should give you the confidence to beat any circumstance without booze.

Love the $ jar idea. Too much money gone down the drain.
Wife not on wagon yet. I took her to the store for a six pack of wine.
Onwards. I like the idea of a Spanish holiday manta
Stay strong everyone. Welcome new folks. A sober season awaits
Old 05-22-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Bumblebee2 View Post
Well I did purchase a nice 12.00 hair product today. Which I don’t feel guilty about after doing the math and realizing how much I spent on wine.

It is so crazy, I am hesitant to buy something for myself did 12 bucks... but I can easily spend 20 dollars on wine without thinking twice.

I will plan and look forward to giving myself a nice treat again on day 20.

Going to bed... having some urges and cravings today. Also overate.

Looking forward to waking up rested and sober tomorrow for day 11.

Goodnight!

Isn't it crazy how we had money for alcohol but were stingy when it came to the real things in life? No doubt that is across the board for most alcoholics is how selfish we were when it came to protecting our access to the poison that was destroying us.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Weak. You are NOT!! You are strong.....you can resist cravings.

What happened?

We care about you. You have the strength to choose life again!

Thoughts sent ur way
Old 05-22-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too VitaMia

D
Old 05-22-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Yes, Vita, we can and we WILL!

We deserve to be happy and so do our loved ones.

My thoughts are with you.

Free
Old 05-22-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

BDTL. I haven’t been to any meetings. I’m a nurse at a hospital and fear exposure and retaliation if my attendance is not kept anonymous.

Any ideas besides a counselor?

Strong SR involvement?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning wonderful people. We have to learn to shush our tantrum throwing AV, suggestions will be welcome. I am on day 10 and so far my AV has been relatively quiet, but I know it is waiting for the opportune moment to have a loud and persistent outburst, so I have to be prepared , on guard and ready to shush it and remember why I have committed to sobriety.We are all worth living a positive sober life, we should never let anything or anyone be a reason to falter in our sobriety. You all have a blessed, sober, fun filled and productive day.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

I recommend a strong SR involvement Free2

D
Old 05-23-2018, 12:23 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I’m in a similar position Free2beme, I’m very reluctant to risk exposure due to my employment... so I haven’t ever and can’t see myself ever going to AA, as my anonymity is necessary, but my solo attempts previously haven’t worked, so I decided I needed some help...

I’m going to use SR as my support to help me ignore the sneaky, lying AV.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep in mind most meeting based methods have on line meetings now - thats another anonymous option

D
Old 05-23-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me, I have not made it past a week the last couple times, so that's my goal and then it's two weeks, and so on... setting mini goals. Vita I was you last week, fell of at day 6, but here I am again. You can do it, we can do it. All of us.

I went to my AA womens meeting last night. I talked with my sponsor this week, and like many of you I don't like going for the fact I don't like sharing, or I don't like people knowing I am struggling, especially in my small town. But she said something to me, she said I need to trust in the process, even if I just listen and not talk, you can learn by listening to others. And I know anonymity is huge thing, thankfully, truly, know ones speaks of others being in the group outside those 4 walls. It's a sacred place. I'm sorry some of you can't experience that, but online is a great tool too and this place as well.

A fellow AA member said something last night, she said her friend was drinking a lot and has come to her several times to get sober... this last time, when she came and said "Jane you know what its like to want to drink" and she said I also know what it's like to want to STOP. That's what I know how to do is STOP, I want to STOP more than I want to give into that AV.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thinking of Professor D, Calmself, H2OSummer, Shitzupuppy, Kit2017, Easymarieb, myluckyday, Primativo, haven't heard from you...maybe you are reading and not posting, but wishing you health and happiness this day.