Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Great survivor!!!

Day 9 for us both

Heading for the century club and the thousands club!🙏🏼😊
Old 06-06-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Day 7! Could have been 38 days now if I hadn’t relapsed last week but i’ll take a day 7 over a day 1 again 😬. Still in Croatia, lovely country and eating really well, too well in fact lol. Just popping in to say Hi to you all and hope everyone is doing good xx
Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Day 7! Could have been 38 days now if I hadn’t relapsed last week but i’ll take a day 7 over a day 1 again 😬. Still in Croatia, lovely country and eating really well, too well in fact lol. Just popping in to say Hi to you all and hope everyone is doing good xx
Hi manta!!

Glad to see you—

How’s your back?

Free
Old 06-06-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, start of day 25 for me. I’m going away for a few days with friends and everyone is going to be drinking. I don’t really want to go but it’s been planned for months and I really can’t get out of it. So I’m going to have to be extra vigilant and on the lookout for the wily AV and any new tricks and excuses it comes up with.... Please wish me luck!

Hi Mantalady ! Lovely to hear from you, I hope you have a wonderful time in Croatia. I’d love to do some more travelling in Europe. I haven’t been there in 20 years (I only just realised how long ago it actually was and it seems so long now that it’s out there on paper .... I have been putting all my spare money and energy into drinking for too many years.... No more though.... I just decided I will put the money I used to spend on wine in a travel fund. I was already thinking of those jars on the shelf to watch it grow but I haven’t actually gotten around to doing it yet 😊

Stay strong everyone, have a great day! It’s early morning here in Oz and still dark but I couldn’t sleep so am drinking coffee and getting ready for the day....
Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi mantralady!!! Day 7 means you didn’t go back down the rabbit hole after a poor choice.. better then day 1. Keep going and enjoy your trip!

I also had a poor choice, but didn’t keep going. Day 2 here.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Back is feeling better after a night on the soft fancy bed thanks Free ��

Get them jars out Willow, you’ll have enough for a great adventure by this time next year ��

Night everyone and be good xx
Old 06-07-2018, 05:53 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Double digit days!!

Day 10!

Next goal—century club!!

Prayers and thoughts for all my SR friends struggling....

Free

Sober date 5/28/2018
Old 06-07-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
formerly luvSOBERlife

Great morning everyone! Just checking in with my wonderful sober friends. This is like my first AA group. With you all here at SR and my AA group in-person here in Tennessee, I have TONS of support and I appreciate all of it.

I've been on two other forums but those are for mental illness support. They all have alcoholism and addiction sub groups that I participate in. Having a mental illness (MI), I can seem very normal around others, for limited times, and then I even forget my situation and start doubting it just like the drinking. Like here, it's so great to have others to reach out to that know what I'm going through. SR is the base that tethers me down though.

I'm starting Day 21!!!!!. And I'm already looking ahead to 30 so I can get my 30 day chip at AA. I don't want to get ahead of myself though lest I let my guard down and good buddy AV decides to pay a visit. If I look to far ahead, he'll come in and say "You are making a big deal out of nothing, dude. You don't have a problem. You just needed to slow down and you did. Time to celebrate." You all know that line. But we've seen that movie before and it doesn't have a happy ending.

The last 3-4 days I've been learning that the not drinking part is the easy part in many respects. There are a lot of challenges ahead but they've always been there, I just refused to deal with them before and hid behind the bottle instead. It's simple actually - I'm not going to drink again so I have no choice but to finally face those. This when pink clouds turn to gray, as they say. Thankfully, I'm starting to see that I can plow through those new challenges by applying the same strategy I used to stop drinking. One day at a time = one challenge at a time. Push through each day, each challenge, the next one gets easier, and so on. Actually, these new challenges are not all big and even those are not as difficult as they first seem. The confidence and self-respect I get as I keep plowing through is immeasurable.

Oh gee. I rambled on again for 4 paragraphs. There's a surprise.
I think I'm genetically incapable of keeping it short and sweet .

Have a great day!!! HANG TOUGH EVERYONE!!!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi guys 😊 just a quick check in, away with hubby and friends, everyone is drinking, I’m drinking diet soda and “non-alcoholic wine” (grape juice from the supermarket) and eating yummy food if the AV gets strong... so far so good 😊
day 26...
Old 06-07-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Love your posts DM! 😊
Old 06-08-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Stopping by to say hi! Although my day 1 is now June-may was the first class that I join that I really felt the commitment on my part, and all the love and support from you guys!!!

Great work to you free, willow, mantralady, dm and anyone I forgot. Keep it up and stay strong 💪
Old 06-08-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Day 27! One more to go and it’ll be 4 weeks! Last night was really tough, everyone drinking whiskey and wine sitting around a campfire..... I had my trusty grape juice lol. I ate way too much but I didn’t drink....
Old 06-08-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Day 27! One more to go and it’ll be 4 weeks! Last night was really tough, everyone drinking whiskey and wine sitting around a campfire..... I had my trusty grape juice lol. I ate way too much but I didn’t drink....
Now you can pat yourself on the back as you were the only one who woke up without a sore head....

Day 54 for me and I'm excited about the future!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
formerly luvSOBERlife

Howdy everyone! BTW... I use words like howdy and I live in Tennessee but I don't really have an accent . Not that it would be a bad thing. I was born in California and lived in Northern Virginia most of my life - and Northern Virginia is not really the South anymore.

Anyhoo, I'm just checking in real quick this morning. Day 23! for me!!!!! They're starting to kind of fly by now and I love that! I feel better and better sans alcohol each day. My biggest problem is dealing with my bipolar mood swings. They can be really lovely to deal with sometimes - wink wink. I stopped taking Bupropion (Wellbutrin) two days ago because it was 'activating' to my system, meaning it increases my manic features and chances of being hypomanic. It basically amps me up a little which I don't need. I'm hoping without that in my system, I'll be a little less up and down which will help keep my AV back in the shadows where he belongs. The moodier I get, the more I hear him sneaking up behind my shoulder.

I'll miss the Bupropion though. It gave me a ton of motivation. Prior to this round of it, I could not get myself to do anything productive at all but as soon as I started it up again I got moving again. It's an amazing effect.

It sounds like everyone is doing really great right now. I love seeing each of you move forward each day getting stronger and stronger. I can think about that all day and use it for strength whilst my wife and I try to keep our kiddies under control. Seems like their little brains are always one step ahead of us no matter what we do. It would more funny if it weren't so much work. Exhausting. But we love them, if for nothing else than for making absolutely sure we're up every single day by 6:15 a.m. at the latest. Every single day. Yay! Our noon feels like 5 p.m. used to. Sorry, I need to vent sometimes. It's therapy.

Speaking of the kids, gotta go play with them for a bit. They have way too much energy this early in the morning. But they make me feel 10 years younger.

Stay strong and have a great Saturday everyone... and a great Saturday afternoon and evening to you all over on the other side of the pond. I want to get back to Britain again sometime. It's pretty cool. No pints for me anymore though.

edit: Wow! How do I write so much? It never feels like that much and then I look back. Geez.

Last edited by Distorted Me; 06-09-2018 at 06:22 AM. Reason: I write too much
Old 06-09-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Congrats on the milestones everyone!!

Has anyone seen survivor K?

Prayers for all struggling this weekend, sending vibes out to my ’MAYers’

Best,

Free
Old 06-09-2018, 08:13 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

BDTL

Golfing this weekend?

Hope you are well

Free
Old 06-10-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee! 😊 glad you’re still dropping by the May class 😊

Double digits are great Free! Well done 😊👍

BDTL day 54! That’s fantastic, well done 😊👍

DM, great post, I love reading them, they’re never too long 😊

So I just had a really challenging weekend away with my husband and a big group of friends away camping for 3 nights, everyone drinking and partying. Somehow I made it through sober.... I had several really hard moments when I did battle with the AV, but somehow I resisted...

And yippee! I’m home (it’s Sunday night here) and it’s day 28, so I’ve gone 4 whole weeks without a drop of alcohol. It’s been tough. And I have to remain vigilant. The AV wanted me to reward myself this afternoon for making 4 weeks by cracking a bottle of wine to celebrate!!!! Grrr. I have tried to banish it and it’s made a temporary retreat but it’s lurking in the background waiting to pounce, I can feel the AV trying to build strength and momentum to wham me from the side and try to roll me... I’ll have to keep my guard up...

You guys give me strength, so a big thank you to you all 😘
Old 06-10-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-3-a.html (Class of May 2018 Part 3)