Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 12

Old 11-30-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Feeling like hell this a.m. Heart palpitations, insomnia, But it does feel good to have no hangover
Old 11-30-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do this sim

D
Old 12-01-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Glad to see you back Sim, whatever the circumstances. With all of us it is not a matter of if but a matter of when. It took us all a long time to admit to being alcoholics, but once the acceptance comes it's just a matter of daily maintaining our mental, spiritual, and physical fitness. Easier said than done but don't have to take the elevator all the way down...can get off whenever you want and you've done it before. Same invite as Arp...PM whenever you want if it would help.

A year and 8 months is awesome Arp!! 2 years and 7 months here as of today...was in lockup at the time from the night before and thought life was over. Turns out I was right but not in the way that I thought. Life isn't perfect and no one throws us a parade because we got sober, but it is definitely a more sustainable path than the alternative. Ups and downs are part of life and we feel them a lot more being sober, but can cut both ways and being present for those we love is the greatest gift of all...for them and us.

Jo - remember to go easy on yourself and cut yourself some slack. You've made so much progress and are doing so well. Everyone needs a mental health day or two every once in awhile. Sounds like thing s are going well with Mabel, your significant other, and Hannah is getting access to the help that she needs. And they definitely do grow up fast...crazy fast
Old 12-02-2018, 12:47 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Sim how wonderful to see you darling!
I know this is hard but you CAN do it. May I join the queue of volunteers for 24/7 messages? Please keep in touch and post as much as you need to. It really does help honest!
Lots of love and support to you and of course to us all.
It's Mellys birthday today so I'm off to attempt birthday pancakes for breakfast!
Let's have a great sober Sunday!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support friends. I’m still here. Not giving up
Old 12-09-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a great sober weekend!
Old 12-26-2018, 12:50 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Happy Holidays all and hope everyone is resisting temptation (if it applies...daily process for me for sure) and enjoying time with friends/family! Thinking about you all
Old 01-02-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

It's 2019 -- time to gather in some stray Mayflies for a Class Reunion.

With so much holiday time off work, I've been gathering intel here, and learned the following statistics:

Ben hasn't posted since July; Elke hasn't posted since October; Simplicity hasn't posted since 12/3...

If any of you are lurking and reading this, I would love to hear from you. I spent hours yesterday reading old posts from everyone, and I'm feeling all nostalgic and stuff, missing our core group of peeps. Eagle, thanks for sticking around! Jo, I know you're active on the 24 Hour thread, here's a good excuse to keep in touch at your old Mayfly home.

I'm still sober, right around 22 months. I got through Thanksgiving enjoying one single meal of comforting carbs and delicious desserts, then got right back to my regular eating schedule...and then came Christmas. Ugh. I'd guess it's been at least three weeks of crazed sugar and snack gorging, people giving me gifts of baked goods, and cookies and candy spread out everywhere I turned. My New Year's Eve was a solo carb party at home, which spilled over into yesterday (I bought all that junk, gotta eat it!) With the candy bar I ate just before bed last night, I hit bottom, and all the garbage is finally gone from my house....just in time for a blood draw today! "Hmm, your chocolate levels are quite elevated, sir. Care to explain this?"

So there's your inspiration for posting: left here by myself, I'll just keep writing about things I ate, things I didn't eat, what I'm going to eat...B O R I N G!! Miss you guys, give us an update. And Happy New Year
Old 01-02-2019, 10:23 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

A very happy New Year to you, Arpeggioh
Old 01-02-2019, 10:28 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi all! Happy New Year to you Arp and Caramel too!
Yep I too have absolutely pigged out on everything I shouldn't all of the holidays too! In fact it is still going on!
The holidays were a little tough actually I must admit. I had quite a battle with the AV off and on and found myself thinking about the past a lot too. That being said I have survived with my sobriety and my sanity in tact so I am not complaining. The girls had a wonderful Christmas and of course that is what matters. This could actually be the second to last one before Hannah flees the nest so I will continue to spoil them both as long as I can.
Having little Mabel with us has been wonderful too. She is still working her magic and we all love her like mad. Plus getting out for doggy walks keeps some of my weight gain at bay (in theory!).
Back to work today and I was glad to get my routine back. Routine keeps me safe. We have a mad month in the UK accounting world in January as the tax return deadline is 31 Jan so I expect a couple of okay weeks then utter madness for the final couple. Oh well! I secretly enjoy it!
Thanks for posting on our thread again Arp. Lots of love to you and your dear doggy too.
2019 wow! At last it marks my first proper calendar year sober from start to finish.
Wishing you all a happy and peaceful new year
Old 01-02-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy 2019 guys

D
Old 01-04-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Well, I think I'm jumping ahead of my one year plan. First booze, then sugar, and now, sooner than I thought, smoking. I'm just sick of myself, how I smell, how I look (like a crazed fiend puffing away every place I can), the coughing and the gasping...I think I'm done...soon...okay, soon - ish...

I have patches, but have avoided slapping one on, feeling like that means I don't smoke anymore, and I'm scared of saying that. Then I spoke to a guy who uses patches and gum to cut down drastically, and I realized I can start to slow down at first, not go jumping off a cliff when I'm not ready yet. I can taper, using nicotine replacement. Just planning that out, while ordering gum on Amazon tonight, has made me more mindful, taking more time between smokes and analyzing the cravings. And the timing is perfect: if I follow the experts' tapering guidelines, I could be nicotine free right around my two-year soberversary on St. Paddy's day. Hence, the One Year Plan, actually right on schedule!

Sorry for babbling; this is more a self-help journal entry than anything meaningful for anyone else. Thanks for reading, and wish me luck; after 40 years, it's looong past time to quit...[hack, wheeze]
Old 01-04-2019, 08:41 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes with it Arp

D
Old 01-05-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Wow that's great news Arp! A measured approach might just be the thing for you. Keep us posted we will of course be rooting for you!
Old 03-13-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Ben! How are things?

As you can see, it's pretty quiet around here. I'm still sober, still smoking

Have no idea what anyone else is up to these days; all the Mayflies have scattered in the wind...

I hope you're well.
Arp
Old 03-13-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ben - hows things?
Hey arp

D
Old 03-13-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Not good. To be honest. Had to take 6 weeks off work with stress. Doc gave me some tablets. Drinking heavily everyday.. but still alive.
In a new relationship that will get me in trouble if work find out. Stupid rules at work about being in relationships with colleagues. Seems like a uphill struggle but I'm sure things will get better. How are you guys ?
Old 03-13-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kinda reminds me of the complicated life I had as a drinker.
Things will get better if you stop drinking Ben.

D
Old 03-14-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hi Ben, Arp, Dee! I was just thinking of you today Ben.....recently got bloodwork done and its showing abnormalities with my red blood cells most likely related to alcohol. I actually gave up drinking for lent (except Sundays because their "celebration" days for the church....that was until I got my blood results today. Something has got to give. I have to make some serious changes. I see the doctor tomorrow....