View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Arpeggioh

It's 2019 -- time to gather in some stray Mayflies for a Class Reunion.

With so much holiday time off work, I've been gathering intel here, and learned the following statistics:

Ben hasn't posted since July; Elke hasn't posted since October; Simplicity hasn't posted since 12/3...

If any of you are lurking and reading this, I would love to hear from you. I spent hours yesterday reading old posts from everyone, and I'm feeling all nostalgic and stuff, missing our core group of peeps. Eagle, thanks for sticking around! Jo, I know you're active on the 24 Hour thread, here's a good excuse to keep in touch at your old Mayfly home.

I'm still sober, right around 22 months. I got through Thanksgiving enjoying one single meal of comforting carbs and delicious desserts, then got right back to my regular eating schedule...and then came Christmas. Ugh. I'd guess it's been at least three weeks of crazed sugar and snack gorging, people giving me gifts of baked goods, and cookies and candy spread out everywhere I turned. My New Year's Eve was a solo carb party at home, which spilled over into yesterday (I bought all that junk, gotta eat it!) With the candy bar I ate just before bed last night, I hit bottom, and all the garbage is finally gone from my house....just in time for a blood draw today! "Hmm, your chocolate levels are quite elevated, sir. Care to explain this?"

So there's your inspiration for posting: left here by myself, I'll just keep writing about things I ate, things I didn't eat, what I'm going to eat...B O R I N G!! Miss you guys, give us an update. And Happy New Year