Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-23-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Soul, you are so right. Many different paths here, but we all understand each other here.

Charlie, sorry about the job situation, but it sounds like you are being proactive about it. That's awesome.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving Octoberites. Just want to say how grateful I am for this forum and everyone here who shares.

Soul - as always, your words ring so true. I love The Gratitudes on Thanksgiving .

Charlie - I am so so sorry to hear about your OH's pending job loss. I can't even imagine what a test this must be for you. Please know that I'm sending positive energy across the pond. And yes, I wholeheartedly agree, right before the holidays is an extra low blow. This is where I have to put my faith in karma.

Wishing you all a serene and sober day and the ability to find gratitude wherever you can.

PS - so glad to see you Bob!
Old 11-23-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Thanks Ready. This group is special.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hey Class.

Just checkin in to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all. It doesnt matter where in this world you are when I say this either. Being thankful I guess is kind of a universal thing

Not really a turkey and stuffing type eater but I did eat lots so far today. Did you all eat your fill ??

Wishing you all a great day/morning/night. Positive thoughts

Brighten
Old 11-23-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Hope everyone ate lots today and had a peaceful, blessed time of it.
I started out with the pumpkin spice twinkies and then have ate pretty much the whole day.
Binge-watching Blood Lines on Netflix most of the day too.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope all those celebrating Thanksgiving are having a good day

D
Old 11-23-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks, Dee!
Happy Thanksgiving to all Octoberties!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Love you all!
Old 11-23-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Happy thanksgiving! This one seems like it can be a big hurdle for some. I hope yall made it!
Old 11-24-2017, 03:32 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Happy Turkey Hangover Day! Hangover by turkey only. And pie. And then there was pie.

Hope everyone had a good one and were able to stay sober. Tough time of the year but we will make this our year!
Old 11-24-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great Friday! Time to get shopping for those deals!
Have fun!
Christmas is coming!!
Old 11-24-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Mornin All.

Poppin in on day 51. Bright sunny morning and im heading out for a hike at a local state park with an old work friend. Too nice of a day to sit inside (or go shopping) haha.

Wishin yas all a good happy and peaceful Friday!!!

Brighten
Old 11-24-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Hi fast check in. I’m at the store. I’m not sure if I’ve got my nasty allergies or a cold. I never get colds, but this could be a cold. Anyway a little Army/Navy Store shopping and then home and dinner. More rest.

All the best

V
Old 11-24-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Haven't read here this week. The flu bug came back with a vengeance. In bed, feel horrible. Hope ya'll had a nice Thanksgiving. I slept the entire day. Not feeling so positive. Had to quit the new job. They don't have a ladies room and although that may sound funny, I don't really want to share a bathroom with a bunch of guys on the jobsite. I hate to be a downer here, so I'm gonna leave it at that am hope I can update here in the morning to read what's been going on and what I've missed. I feel like crying...I'm sitting here alone and seriously getting tired of it. I decided to start dating soon. If it keeps on like this I'll never find anyone.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Lulu I am sorry you are having a bad time. I felt like I was getting a sinus infection a few hours ago... popped zinc, nasal spray, allergy med, ibuprofen... I feel a bit better now. and to be honest I ate some frosting straight out the can - maybe I'm not feeling better but just on a sugar buzz. ha - but I hope I am not getting sick and I wish you would get on the mend. This flu bug has been too mean to you.
I live alone and honestly a lot of the time it's nice to be able to come home and relax by myself.... but I think a lot of my drinking and I know the last night I drank and drove was because I was sitting here alone and thought it would be nice to just go out and have some beers with people. Sending good vibes your way
Old 11-24-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Lulu

I'm sorry you're still ill...as for your job, in Australia they'd have to provide facilities for you. I'm sorry thats not the case everywhere.

I know you're lonely but I really cution you not to throw yourself into the dating pool too soon - there can be a lot of ups and downs there an a lot of temptations to drink.

If you feel you're ready for that, fine...but if not...maybe this is time best used to sit with yourself and work out who LuluBread is?

D
Old 11-24-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

You got that right Dee. The ‘Greatest Nation in the World,’ would leave you out in the cold. I’ve seen it many times. We can do better Americans!!

So I’m at my wits end with these allergies or whatever the heck is going on. Honestly I think I have a cold, and out of control allergies.

I started Singulair for allergies. It helped a lot before. Takes 3 weeks to start working but after a while it really works on all aspects of it. Food problems, environmental etc.

Florida usually helps pretty fast. I think I’ve 98% of what I’ll need put together. I keep getting obsessed with some thing and thinking ‘I just need this and the trip will be ok.’ Then that spins around in my head forever until I spend $93 on it. It’s OCD and some kind of block I get. It’s good to go with my sister because I’d be calling this whole thing off right now if not for that.

Ok time for sleep 10:20pm here in CT.

Night

V
Old 11-24-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

good thoughts and energy your way LuLu, glad to hear from you though.

Soul- I have been thinking a lot lately about my drinking also, mostly when I am in the car on my way to,,, well anywhere. I talk to myself about situations I got myself into, why I do not want to drink again, why I can't drink again. theme lately is how much better my life is now, free of all the huge anxiety and paranoia of getting caught, how miserable I made myself running all over town to different garbage cans to throw the evidence away, than freaking out over doing that, like people paid attention to public garbage cans,,,, as I have said before that is no way to go through life.

Wax- where are you??? Check in please. Kit you Too!

Soul, Bob, Bob4x4, Brighten, Wax, Kit, LuLu, Chloe, CC, GetBetter, Loud, Ready45 DoubleD Charlie, and to all other Octoberites, I want to tell you how grateful to everyone of the October 2017 class. your thoughts, encouragment, ideas, whether I wanted to hear it or not means so much to me. I get so much strength and determination reading posts, even if they were not directed to me, that I cannot tell you. Every morning and everyday I look forward to coming here and finding out what everyone is up to.

I am truly honored to have met all of you

And Dee, we couldn't do it or be here without you. thank you.

Badge
Old 11-25-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Viper - My allergies are serious too. And yep, Singulair takes 3 weeks to kick in. This is not fun along with the flu. It's got me down. And I keep thinking I'm gonna be homeless soon....I cannot tell you how many jobs I quit or lost due to chemical sensitivity with either seasonal allergies or perfume and cigarettes third-hand-smoke. Again, sorry for being a downer, it's just being unemployed and cooped up sick. Not passing blame, I think I get all this negativity from my mother tho. She is playing the manipulation card again and I'm too sick to want to deal with it. Hope you all have a nice Saturday. Agree with Badge about this group and being honored....and Sober.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Well, I have that sinus problem, too. I think that is why I have terrible night's sleep. It feels like there is a plug up my nose and the pressure goes into my head. I have had this for weeks. I haven't taken any meds for it. Maybe I should try some zinc.
Hope everyone has a great Saturday! The weather was fantastic yesterday...hoping for some sunshine today!♡