Notices

Class of October 2017 Support Thread pt. 4

Old 11-22-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning October group!

This Thanksgiving remember - Alcohol is never the answer... but it does make you forget the question.

Ba bam!
Old 11-22-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

A couple of quotes from my eleven year old the last year that made me laugh:

"don't say you cant, because you might can"
"I'm not that good at school - but I'm pretty good at life"
Old 11-22-2017, 07:50 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CClarity50 View Post
A couple of quotes from my eleven year old the last year that made me laugh:

"don't say you cant, because you might can"
"I'm not that good at school - but I'm pretty good at life"
Wise words!

Badge
Old 11-22-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

For SoulShine: (I also loved David Cassidy as a child...what's not to love?)

Can you say "lip sync"? I don't think any of his music was actually him in those days..

Old 11-22-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Thanks bimini ha that is always such a blast from the past.
Thank you so much charlie for the suggestions. I'm back and still not on car arrest I'm losing another week that I could be counting down days so not happy about that. The guy had tried to call but we were already there and eating breakfast with my phone left in the car. When we got to the place the guy explained the computer was down and he hadn't put anyone's on. There was a guy there that was supposed to have his taken off today. He didn't look so happy. We kinda wondered if the guy was going to try and call DMV after we left to see if he could still take it off. DMV being the wonderful institution that it is will probably tell them no. A couple of good things... I made sure I had the right papers, he showed me what it looked like and showed me where he would put it in the car. It is still going to be noticeable but not as high up as what I was worried about. He says (and I hope this keeps holding true cos the DMV lady told me different) that if I paid 2 months each time then I would only have to come to download data every 2 months. I hope. So I don't get it on until next week on Tuesday. I feel better knowing more about it but let down that I'm not already counting down the days, especially since I wouldn't have had to drive to work for several of them. blah.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Badge, you must have a huge house to take this long to clean all possible areas for hidden bottles Just giving you a hard time I'm sure I still have some hidden somewhere that I've forgotten about.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Soulshine-Sorry I've been away. I've read about some of your issues. Hang in there. Stay here and it will work out.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Charliesworld-Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Thanks bob, I appreciate it. That's all I can do. The next several months are going to be trying. I have to work on getting my head straight and not drinking ever again during and after all this.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Soul, I promise that I will be here for you.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Night time check in.

The one advantage to being alone on the Holidays, is that ya dont have to deal with the pressure of "friends" and "family" pushin alcohol down your throat

Happy night to you all!!

Brighten
Old 11-22-2017, 07:12 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi folks. I’ve had really searing, nasty, sore throat for days. I had to get a bunch of stuff done this week. I want to be set to leave as early as possible. I want the last few days here to be calm. There’s nothing worse than rushing all over he place the day before a trip. Too much stress.

Honestly I think I’m pretty close to being done with 10 days to spare. A few errands and sell a few things I hope. That’s it.

I’m going to my sister’s tomorrow with my whole family.

Happy Thanksgiving even to the non Americans. You can still eat roast turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, etc etc and pie!! Reminds me last year I bought store made cherry pie from Whole Foods. My god was that good. I’ll see if they have it.

I’ll catch up later. Bad day a couple of days ago

V
Old 11-22-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Bob, it pleases me more than I can tell you how thrilled I am you are back with us and posting! My house isn't all that big 1400 sq ft, and thankfully I kept my bottles confined to the bedroom and bathroom, (for the most part) but it is the truly forgotten ones that terrify me,,, oh I have anxiety attacks of hubby opening a cupboard, pulling out a towel and get bonked in the head by one of my "water" bottles that I misplaced,,,, shudder,,,,,

I had the STRANGEST dream last night, weird even by my standards. Anyway it involved vodka, which I only drank occasionally and never bought a bottle for home use, and in my dream I was driving by a liquor store and was going to stop to buy another bottle, but did not have cash, so I stopped in some parking lot and ended up talking to this gentleman that I recognized, but #1 he has been dead for 15 plus years, #2 I know I never spoke to the man, I only knew who he was because he was a well liked doctor in our small town and his picture was everywhere. Why would he be in one of my dreams??? thats just bizarre, most puzzling for sure

badge
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Dreams. Who the hell ever knows why we dream what we do? They must not mean anything or I would have been dead long ago.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Hi everyone.
Just checking in on a wet and windy Thursday morning and sending you all happy sober encouragement for the day ahead.
I can fully empathise with your frustration Soul but you got a couple of positives from your trip yesterday so it wasn’t a wasted journey and hopefully you can start counting down the clock soon.
Good to see you back here Bob.
Lulu , Kit,, check in yeah?
Victor
Old 11-23-2017, 01:11 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks Soul, I’ll check out the book you mentioned. Hope you get through this rough stage you’re at.

Charlie, I’ll have to check out some of the people you mentioned too. And I agree with you, walking in nature is very important. I’d like to do more myself.

Badge, my dreams have been very vivid since I stopped drinking. Yours does sound very strange lol. I’ve had a few nightmares were I drank til I blacked out and woke up the next day after getting in trouble. The relief when I wake up and realise it didn’t happen is so awesome.

If I’m not too late, happy thanksgiving to everybody in America.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Just want to say how very, very grateful I am for this group. Every one of you. We all might not have the exact same story or stories but we all are trying to change our own lives. Some are further or later on the path and some are a bit stuck at the moment. The grand thing is although we may be trying different methods and trains of thought, we are hanging together as a group. The non-judgement and unconditional support is amazing. It's lifesaving.

Gratitudes on Thanksgiving
I am grateful for my fellow survivors who are doing everything they can to keep their head above the drowning current.
I am grateful for my fellow swimmers who may dip below the water at times but continue the fight to come back up.
I am grateful for those who are always treading water nearby, unselfish enough to grab a hand and push it toward a float to hold on to until one can tread water on one's own.
I am grateful for the calm at times when the wind powers down and the water is serene. I am hopeful those times will come more frequently for all of us.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:43 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Agreed Soul. Can you believe how long we've been here?

Not sure I told you but my OH is definitely losing his job. Probably in the New Year. He has to make everyone redundant in the next couple of weeks. Gutted is an understatement. Just trying to distract myself by making sure I have everything paid for for this holiday and Christmas before then so I'm not left with extra debt next year.

Makes you wonder if these big bosses of these big companies give a stuff about people. Telling people they are losing their jobs right before Christmas is sh*t!!!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

charlie
That is a big reason why I don't ever want to be in management..... I don't think they do care. They are just worried about themselves and their families. We scare ourselves with shows like The Walking Dead.... it's dog eat dog and survival as best as one can now, just in prettier clothes.
I'm grateful for your sobriety and the strength you have for yourself and your family. They are lucky to have you. I'm grateful for you being here. Your posts have helped me. Thank you. It has been quite a few days now hasn't it? We can be proud of that.