Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Congrats on 34 days, Badger. We are warriors! Not many people can do this stuff. We are true rock stars.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 42 I believe. I cannot believe I made it through our entire Las Vegas vacation without drinking. Thank you all for being here for me to check in with. I had a drinking dream a few nights ago and the thing I was most worried about was telling you all I was back on day 1 again! So, thanks for keeping me accountable.

I only have a quick min to check in this morning, but I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

🌠 well done hns!

i mean of all the places in the world to NOT drink Vegas has got to be up there! Imagine how that trip would’ve gone and how it actually felt this time around... superstar 💫
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hello All. Day 34. Stay the course Neo. It will get better.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hi thanks dee 😀
At hotel now had sauna. Now drinking elderflower cordial very yummy. Eating soon and early sleep.x
Old 10-13-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thank you sober369, that is a good way to go at it. Let him have his say, it can only help.

Badge
Old 10-13-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Just a quick check-in for this weekend. In the past I would be thinking about drinking in approximately 4 hours. I'd also be wondering how many bottles I have hidden away for the weekend and whether I need to replenish the supply. I'd also have to figure out when to dump the empty bottles that have accumulated over the past week.

Wow, those days seem like a distant memory. Now I'm sitting down at lunch and coming up with a detailed plan for this weekend. What movies can I put on my list? What games will I play with the kids? It's bad air quality out here (Northern California) due to the horrendous fires, so hiking/outdoor activities are out of the question.

One thing I know won't be on that list of things to do...
Old 10-13-2017, 12:19 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hope things go OK with your husband badge.he sounds a great guy supportive.

In bed now after an evening of elderflower juice milkshakes and water. My husband only has a couple beers if I'm not drinking. Feel very calm and ready for flight tomorrow.

On phone so can't thank posts and look back but thinking of you all. X
Old 10-13-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi guys, happy Friday 13th!

Had a good day at work but very happy it's the weekend. As I was finishing a friend asked if we want to meet up for Friday drinks. And OMG did I want to. Go have a good time with my friends. Just a few beers, what's the harm, right? But we all know how that would have ended.
So I told him I can't come cause I'm off the booze and have to go home to take care of the dog.
I walked the dog with my husband and then ordered some sushi. Now I'm completely over it and very glad I'm not out drinking.
AV, you sneaky bastard.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Great decision Leeloo ☺yes av is sneaky

Love the cat 😀
Old 10-13-2017, 02:22 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Just reading over the last few days for all of us - looks like almost everyone got the grumps or had a pretty rough time around day 35. Isn't that interesting? I wonder if that's just our little group, or it's a regular pattern? Dee, have you noticed this with all your work with newly sober people?

I had a drinking dream last night - red wine, something I rarely drank - and I have to say it wasn't distressing at all like some have mentioned. I woke up with a fond feeling, like 'Awwwww, I remember that'. It felt very much confined to dream land though, like flying.

Better get on with the work day. Have a good weekend all. I'll be staying close.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Hey Caprice - haven't heard from you in a bit. You alright?
Old 10-13-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kachal View Post
Just reading over the last few days for all of us - looks like almost everyone got the grumps or had a pretty rough time around day 35. Isn't that interesting? I wonder if that's just our little group, or it's a regular pattern? Dee, have you noticed this with all your work with newly sober people?

I had a drinking dream last night - red wine, something I rarely drank - and I have to say it wasn't distressing at all like some have mentioned. I woke up with a fond feeling, like 'Awwwww, I remember that'. It felt very much confined to dream land though, like flying.

Better get on with the work day. Have a good weekend all. I'll be staying close.
There's definitely a pattern. I noticed that everyone in the Feb. 2016 class got sick around the same time, and everyone seemed to develop a sugar craving at about the same time. For about two weeks all the posts were about Sonic Blasts, McFlurrys, Dairy Queen blizzards, and all that stuff.

People in the class all seemed to get grumpy and depressed at times. I remember getting seriously depressed several times when lots of emotional fallout that I deferred by drinking came rushing back and I could no longer avoid facing it. It's all part of the recovery process.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Day 40 here! I’m doing a lot better than yesterday😀 Going to enjoy a relaxing day with my family and then work on a hobby later. I also haven’t started the journal I bought last week so I’ll try and write something in that later. Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 10-13-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. Have a great sober weekend! I'm going to the library, going to have my grandson for a few hours and do some cleaning. It's beautiful weather so I hope to spend some time outdoors. So grateful it won't be a weekend lost to alcohol!
Old 10-13-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Great stuff on getting through Vegas sober hns ☺

Hope the air improves for you all in california frank. It looks very scary on the news. 😢

How's it going badge?

Congrats on your 34 days badger and 40 days stronger and everyone else on your days.

Definitely agree 30 days can be rough kachal and squiz. It improved for me last week though still eating too much sugar oott 😬

Have fun with your grandson sober369.

Hope you're doing OK caprice.don't be alone.we.are here with you.

Hope everyone struggling feels better soon.

Happy sober Saturday 😀
Old 10-14-2017, 01:20 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

That's funny about the grumpiness & cravings....a while back our March class went through an ice cream phase too, lol

Getting my first cup of coffee for the day.....just wanted to check in before I head into work. Have an awesome Saturday & I'll see you guys a little later!
Old 10-14-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone Day 43. I'm doing pretty well although tired. We got home from Vegas and my mom is now visiting from Montana so yesterday we were really busy hanging out with her. She leaves tomorrow night so we're trying to cram as much in before she leaves as possible.. I sure am going to miss her when she goes. It will be nice to get back into my regular routine though!

I definitely think the wave of emotions/grumpiness is a normal part of recovery and getting sober. I'm so glad it seems to be over for now, but facing some other issues right now around needing to put some boundaries in place. I hate confrontation so I'm really not looking forward to that. It's stuff that I drank to not think about and now there is no denying it any longer now that I'm sober. anyway, will check in more about that later.

I hope everyone is having a great, sober weekend. Oh, Leeloo- that cat is awesome, your posts always make me smile.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday all! Quick check in Not sure what the plans are for today except not drinking. Cold frosty morning here in Tacoma not sure i want to walk yet maybe later.

Take care all!

Badge
Old 10-14-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Running 10k in Astoria on Sunday, biking Sunday afternoon, then back to Seattle on Sunday night.