Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey class, just stopping by the check in- day 102 I believe. I'm doing alright. New Mexico was great, I really needed a break away to relax and retreat I've been having a difficult time finding support in AA lately- I actually got into an argument with my sponsor and we parted ways! It was over the fact that she demanded that I call her every day (I missed 5 days in the 91 days I worked with her) and go to a certain meeting every week (I missed the 2 weeks that I was out of town). She started saying things which felt very belittling to me, like "Well, I guess sobriety isn't that important to you" and "You're showing no commitment to growth when you don't call every day". I don't find either of those things to be true, and it really left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the program. I have 4 kids at home (one of them is a 1 year old) and yeah, things get busy with our family. I felt like I was actually doing a pretty good job. Anyone have any relatable or happy experiences that they can share?

I'm not saying that I'll never go back, but I do think it's a shame that I feel like I was scolded for not being perfect, when I know I'm doing my best and have a lot on my plate. Anyway, that's my rant. My heart still hurts from that awful conversation when we parted ways.

Not feeling a particular urge to drink although it does cross my mind occasionally. I feel strong over all and have a knowing that I don't have another drunk spree left in me.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good for you, hns....What a pain in the a**!!! I've never had a sponsor but I used to be friends with someone like that....Ugh! Glad you were able to break free
Old 12-12-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hns, that's tough on such a gentle soul such as yourself. Try not to play the argument over and over - you made the right call. You have us for support too you know!
From my time here on SR I already know I'm not cut out for AA - my anti establishment punk heart finds all that dogma a bit much, but I know it is an amazing help to many. If it was helping you, don't give up on the whole thing just because of one person. x
Old 12-12-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

I find it hard to embrace AA 100% as they require. I do go to attend a general weekly meeting on Sundays where we discuss various topics unrelated to the 12 steps. This past Sunday we discussed emotional sobriety. They don’t badger (no pun) me about sponsors, attendance and the like. There program works for a lot of folk, especially those who need a lot of discipline. I go there and take what works for me. I am prepared to tell them that but have not had to do so.

Sister Badge. I am well thanks. Looking for something to harass today and work off some energy.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Checking in.....Hope all is well with our September members
Old 12-17-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Class - it's quiet around here - I hope you're all doing well. Checking in, 104 days under my belt.
Went to see the new Star Wars in 3D last night. Pew pew pew!
Old 12-17-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Super quiet. Checking in. Day 99 I believe.
Old 12-17-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone😀 Day 105 for me. I had a bit of a break from posting the last few days. I’m okay. Exercising a lot and just do my best with everything else. Enjoy your day everyone.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Day 101 for me.

Was invited to a holiday party the end of last week and could only hangout for about 20 min. Couldn't do it, I wanted to drink and this was the first time I really wanted to. Felt very lonely and isolated that night. Luckily I picked up another gig to work and that kept me occupied. Still the social situations are starting to hit home a bit. Can't do partys yet. Maybe never. Just gonna have to deal with that.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice break to look forward to soon.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Nice work, Neo!

I'm unsure about the party thing too.....still too early to tell; guess we need to just focus on the present. Good to see ya!
Old 12-18-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-4-a.html (Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 4)

D