Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 10-08-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and Viper!
The disappoitment alone, even if I could avoid a hangover next day would be crushing enough. I'm continuing to hang in there for the sake of it and also because I know there are no "winners" when it comes to alcohol.
I've received a response from tje south of france for freelance work. I am tempted but would rather secure a contract even if it pays less at first instead being I'll be new to the area and culture even if I do speak French. I will continue applying through some links where schools are hiring.
As far as the drinking, especially in a country where wine flows and is drank like water on the daily, I think i can manage because wine never was my first choice and being around drinkers when you're sober is most annoying.
Happy Sunday to all and best of luck!
Old 10-08-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning. Big sober day. I am going grocery shopping with the wife, smoking a brisket and some chickens and then modifying (shortening) a bed head board. Whoop. Day 29.

Caprice. Sorry about your struggles. Stay the course. Alcohol will only make it worse in the long run.

FYI - The new Blade Runner is fantastic. I was scared they were going to do the first one injustice. Nope!
Old 10-08-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Stronger if you want a teammate on here I’m game. Yeah, when I typing on the older small iPhones it sucked. The new ones are almost like tablets. I always upgrade become I’m on one of those special upgrade plans. I still have typos but not tons of them like on the small phone.

Sister is on me today a little about getting productive. She’s right. If she had any clue...., I’m here sweating under my clothes. Not cool. I feel like a real jerk.

Anyway, to the store to get some good dinner stuff and chill out tonight.

Viper
Old 10-08-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 7. I haven’t been posting much, I know that’s a bad idea. I just still feel bad for slipping up last week.

I need to hit up some AA meetings. I’m feeling better but those pesky cravings start to rear their head sooner or later.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Badger07, I might have to borrow your hair on fire. Glad that you're doing family stuff. I had brisket about a week ago at a BBQ place near my house. It was to die for it was soooooo good.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning all. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks.

Here's some changes I've noticed:
Better sleep (the biggest change!)
Better digestion (it was really bad before and has improved immensely)
Alcohol cravings have lessened.
Sugar cravings have not, or not much.
My gums don't bleed any more when I brush my teeth
Could be wishful thinking, but is my hair getting more voluminous already? (Probably wishful, but I'm really hoping that one will happen)
I'm less cranky with my partner, feeling grateful for his support rather than ratty at him for just existing. Libido is at about zero though.
My house is cleaner than it has been in a long time.
I'm more organised and motivated at work, and really enjoying it again.
No noticeable weight change but I didn't expect it. I didn't really eat when drinking. I eat now.
I've got pimples for the first time since my teens. Just a couple so it's nothing to worry about, probably from all the sugar?
Still not really feeling very social, but I am starting to see old friends a little bit.
Thankful for this site - I definitely wouldn't have got this far otherwise.
Old 10-08-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Mirror all that Kachal.

Still getting used to experiencing a full range of emotions. The fleeting moments of
real happiness are worth the more common feelings of boredom and irritation.

I think I might have broken if it wasn't for being able to log in here and read the new posts on this thread when necessary!
Old 10-08-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

When I got sober I really felt that I was "coming back to life." I was seriously half dead by the time I stopped.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Big iPhone did not prevent typos above

‘You’ honestly do feel like you’re coming back to life. You notice the flowers and the singing birds again. Music sounds better. You feel emotions. Happy is a pretty good feeling. Jump in the water and actually feel something.

Ok. I feel fed up enough to add a ton of octane to this. I’m going to make a spreadsheet and look at some plans. Back to the gym. I have to go over to a special branch and get the financial aid for the YMCA, great facility in Downtown.

Plus what productive thing will I do every day? I don’t mean workout, although that’s a good start. I mean doing what people think of as work. It could be writing an hour a day (I used to write), doing some photography, learning a new skill... who knows. The ball needs to rolling to get anywhere. ‘You’ don’t know where it will go, but if it sits, nothing new is going to happen. Just let it loose on a downslope. Almost every successful person I know started with one thing that naturally evolved, or exposed them to someone they never would have met if they weren’t doing the first thing. Suddenly they’re doing something new and better.

Dee, I’m sorry what is that plan you like again?

Viper
Old 10-08-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Coming back to life... Yup. I was half dead too. Could not remember anything. Puffy. Hangovers.. ups and downs daily. And I simply was not present. Now I am present. I feel good. Healthy. I like it.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Stronger if you want a teammate on here I’m game. Yeah, when I typing on the older small iPhones it sucked. The new ones are almost like tablets. I always upgrade become I’m on one of those special upgrade plans. I still have typos but not tons of them like on the small phone.

Sister is on me today a little about getting productive. She’s right. If she had any clue...., I’m here sweating under my clothes. Not cool. I feel like a real jerk.

Anyway, to the store to get some good dinner stuff and chill out tonight.

Viper
I signed up for the 24😀
Old 10-08-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Mood swings. I burned through relationships. I hurt people. I threw my cell phone into some bushes on one occasion and into a pool on another occasion.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

here you go Vipe. It's not 'my' plan - but you can make it yours

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today

D
Old 10-08-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
I signed up for the 24😀
And I'm so glad you did love....the more the better!!!

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-301-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 301)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Mood swings. I burned through relationships. I hurt people. I threw my cell phone into some bushes on one occasion and into a pool on another occasion.
I threw a neighbour's garden hose out of a third-floor laundry window in a blind drunken rage once....

He was not amused. To say the least.

I was a nightmare on wheels when I drank.

Huge hugs for you and all of the class.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 31.

Tried AA again, while not as strong still have a bit of anxiety. Left early but lasted longer then last time. Still trying to warm up.

Hope everyones weekend went well.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neo28 View Post
Day 31.

Tried AA again, while not as strong still have a bit of anxiety. Left early but lasted longer then last time. Still trying to warm up.

Hope everyones weekend went well.
Well done neo😀
Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thanks Stronger, pushing through despite some internal anger and anxiety going on. Temptations are starting to progress which I'm not really digging. Not giving in.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Venuscat! (I was a "nightmare on wheels" too....)

Checking in for the morning ~ I found some "relaxing morning music" on Youtube to play in the background. It's pretty cool!

No drinky for me today!
Old 10-09-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 30. On the road again but determined to avoid airport bars. Breaking bad habits and constant vigilance. Stay sober to my friends.