Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 10-03-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Morning gang - been up for a bit, but just getting my starting' fluid now!!

Purps, today will be better than yesterday!!! I know not every day will be great and awesome, but drinking only makes things worse - IT'S DUMB

PJ, I don't do the meeting thing but I do remember reading a book a little while back by a guy that was in some kind of group home for addicts. He said many of the same things you just did but kept going pretty much because he had to - one day something flipped in his head and the cliches became true for him. I can't equate your situation with his - you seem to have a much better grasp and understanding of your situation and problem than this guy did - still, just thought I'd share.

I had crazy dreams last night, as I often do when coming off a relapse. But these were crazy and scary - I'm 57 years old and had to leave the light on for about 30 minutes until my heart stopped pounding!! Haha.

Good morning Sam and Cristina!!

Hello BBG!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Morning, guys!

I usually only go to my home group unless I'm taking someone to a meeting that can't get there or needs support. I'm really trying to work on balance these days. Good job, PHX, going when it seems mundane.

Hey, Dee!

Hi, Sam and Purple.

BBG - What's up?

My meditation this morning had a phrase "realize your capacity for renewal". Kind of did something in my heart. So, Realize your capacity for renewal.

Have an awesome day, guys. If it sucks, be cheery and turn it around.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

57 years old and had to sleep with the lights on. Not being mean, (maybe a little) but I got a chuckle out of that, MITA. Hope the sleep gets better.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Morning gang. Start of day 5 here. I think I’m coming down with the crud. Hoping to stave it off.

My boss comes back to work next week after 5 months of cancer treatment. We’re all pretty excited. Right now we’re headed in to meet a new department manager. Exiting stuff, lol.

Keep on keeping on Marchers. Love you all.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

CH!! Have a great day!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
57 years old and had to sleep with the lights on. Not being mean, (maybe a little) but I got a chuckle out of that, MITA. Hope the sleep gets better.
I posted that little tidbit of information just for your amusement, Bobbieka. Have a nice day

You too, CH!!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I been swamped! Just wanted to say hello. I'm doing well. :-)
Old 10-03-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Heading home now. I should be tired but I am so freaking excited that all I have is tomorrow left at work. Ten days off sounds amazing now but I know I have to be careful not to get too complacent being home. Probably should come up with a plan.

Oktoberfest starts here on Friday (second largest celebration after only Germany - go figure....in this tiny city. Lol) - will be happy to be missing the absolute drunk fest that is sure to be with all the guests at work. Crazy.

Well I'm off. Looking forward to a quiet night.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

MITA- yes of course- you are right. Cliches are a reduced- concentrated souip stock..a conclusive sentence of a long process of hard work. Tell me something 100 times and I not hear it 101 times. So many people stop doing what others advise them to do- be-c they do not get instant gratification or reward. Now I wonder who used to find that in drinking. Thus complacency for me is a thing I am very aware.
My psychoist told me recently that I have done very well in growing with using CBT 'because I follow instructions very well.' Soooo until I find something better- I will keep going.
Mind me, I have a lifetime reminder- in my RHS body to remind me as well.
A little extreme, I think. In retrospect- next time I think some cliche fridge magnets might be the way to go.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Cliche fridge magnets - that is brilliant!

Sam, enjoy your time off. I'm sure you'll do fine . A plan is always good.

Traveling solo today. In Seattle. Plenty of startin' fluid in this town

Good to see you Kiki!
Old 10-03-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Our class is growing again! Don't make me start chanting.....

B-B-G.....B-B-G.....
Old 10-03-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Almost had a slip up sat. Was having trouble with someone at work and my emotions were all over the place m. I kept thinking the drinking would fix that and everything will be ok tomorrow.
I didn't drink though. I did see my therapist today though and he thinks maybe I should go to aa. I know they say no excuses but I work over 40 hours doing hard labor plus my photography and kids. I don't know how it would be a possibility in the near future. That being said I feel stable and am not drinking. It has been 292 days. I'm so burnt out out at the moment I don't even know what to do. My feet hurt soooo bad after work. I'm young and that just sucks. But guess what I'm ahead on rent and all other bills. There is nkbroom to mess up I'm doing good. There is good and bad but the good seems to outweigh the bad somehow here. Hope everyone is doing well it's my Sunday back to work tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Heeeeeyyyy, KEETS! Glad to see you....so happy to hear you fought the urge!!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi Keets. Your strength is always very inspiring.

Great job not drinking. 292 days is quite an accomplishment.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Hi guys! It’s been pretty intense here the last few days and we are all sick....again! Ugh how does that keep happening?!?!?

My cousin was at the concert in Vegas, thankfully she was able to hide until the shooting completely stopped then was able to run from the area. My girlfriends son wasn’t as lucky and was shot. He will survive but they are having a heck of a time getting his bleeding to stop. The bullet is shattered in his body and surgery isn’t possible. 😢

I’m off to bed, I haven’t slept much in the last few nights. I look forward to catching up with everyone tomorrow!

Hi Bobbie 👋 👋
Old 10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for your friends PR.

I'm glad you got through Keets

D
Old 10-03-2017, 10:36 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Prayers for your friend, PR.
Keets- I know many who see meetings as a time out. They get to sit- just sit..with a coffee and biscuits..and listen. A good way to wind down- and learn, perhaps.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Oh man, PR that's crazy! How scary is that....glad they made it out alive ~ good to see you!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

PeacefulRain - so sorry that people you know were caught up in this shocking event. Hope you all come through ok. Thoughts, across the miles.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Morning

PR - so sorry to hear about your friends son. Praying for him and all that were involved in that horrible tragedy.

On my way out the door. Humid and muggy here this morning. Feels more like July than October. Weird.

Have a happy hump day everyone.