Notices

Class of March 2016 part 58

Old 09-21-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

More walking, telling brain to shut up. I hate brain sometimes. And humans. The world would be a lot better off sometimes without brains or humans.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:51 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I get the whole "feeling alone" sometimes too, Sam.....after taking that Myers-Briggs test I discovered only 2 to 3 percent population have the same personality & thought, That explains why I feel I don't belong anywhere!

I'm learning to embrace being different, 'cause who the hell wants to blend in with all those other idiots anyway?!?!

Haha Phoenix my brain is all over the place too......just did my first morning meditation.

Thanks everyone for being here ~ Purps need some startin' fluid!
Old 09-21-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Morning!

It's humid here. Even at 6am. Meh.

On my way to work. Positive energy is exuding out of me.

PJ - hmmmm....if people and brains were both non existent it would be a pretty simple world wouldn't it??

Purplrks - I'm with you on the feeling like you don't belong. I guess that's why we are here in this jolly old band of misfits.

MITA - great to hear from you! So happy to hear you're doing well.

I'm off tomorrow so I guess it's my mini Friday. Hope the day is short!

Well on my way!
Old 09-21-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Startin' fluid brewing. Gettin' ready to start the day!

PJ. No brains or humans. Hmmm.

Purp I need startin' fluid too. I really should quit though. A blood pressure.
thingy.

Sam you work to much!!! Glad it's your Friday.

Have a great day everybody. Think my startin' fluid is ready!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Good morning, misfits.

Still scuffling but here. On again off again is my pattern. Trying to right the ship.

Miss you Bobbie. I hope your break is fruitful.

Casey, Kayak, where are you? Others as well.

Sam, I agree with bbq, too much work.

Excellent milestones here. Someday soon I'll have one worthy of mentioning. For now though, I choose to celebrate yours.

Thanks for asking about the job, Pelagic. It's a non starter primarily because they went with someone else but I was sure I wouldn't take it either way.

No brains or people? You might be onto something here, PJ. Glad you're able to get out of your head when necessary.

Purps and Sam, I get that feeling alone thing. It's indescribable to those who don't know it.

Rock on, PR, MITA and all the others I've missed.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Morning all! Finishing up my startin' fluid. Late this morning because I had an introspective bout of insomnia last night. Three hours mulling over the past and how I coped with alcohol.

Who needs that?!? And yet it's hard to avoid. My brain has been stewing for a few days so I just took yesterday off, got my 30 year-old Porsche out of the garage and started cleaning it up and running again. Vehicles need yearly inspections here and I realized this car hadn't been inspected in 5 years. It just sat there in the garage like a giant reminder of who I was all those years ago when it all meant something. In recent years I sometimes kept a box of wine hidden in the back seat. Yuck.

Well, if you spend a day cleaning up a relic like that you risk getting retrospective. PJ, you'll get this: at 2 AM I was rereading W.B. Yeats "The Circus Animals' Desertion." Oh man, who needs that? Well, it's a pretty good poem.

Cathartic too. This morning I feel much better about everything and am looking forward to getting a new set of tires on the ancient steed, maybe taking it on tour to revisit some of the places I used to go to.

Sorry for the weird post. I guess many of us have been a little weird these past few days. Weird, but SOBER!!! Well now, doesn't that feel pretty dang good! Have a great day everyone. I'll be in touch.

PS: great to see you again Thirteenth!! I understand about the job. You know your heart. Don't be a stranger.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
More walking, telling brain to shut up. I hate brain sometimes. And humans. The world would be a lot better off sometimes without brains or humans.

YES!!! This is the answer! No brains or humans! (I'm serious)
Old 09-21-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Morning! Off to an AA meeting. Will check back in later. Have a great day!

Soooo good to see you MITA & Thirteenth!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Got my startin fluid in hand about to start a load of laundry. I'm hoping I don't have to go anywhere today and I can finally finish the ALL laundry. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Well PJ here in the good ole US of A we have a ton of brainlesss humans. If only there was an island we could round em all up and ship them off to.........😝
Old 09-21-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

PR- the Brits had a plan like that, they rounded up folks and shipped 'em off- to Australia- they could not send them your way, as you inconsiderate bastards went and got independent.
I was revisiting some old feelings yesterday. I am told frequently these things take time'- meaning healing. Thus the brain bit. Other humans? Well- my neighbours are all frootloops. A recovery program....'RECOVERY'.! NOT get stoned, high, pissed or sleep with anything that has a pulse. Jeez- messes with my head. 'To be successful- surround your self with successful people'. Trying.
Yesterday in the third hour of walking, I found a sister city Japanese meditation garden in our city parklands. Young mums with bubs, people just sitting- nice. On telling a neighbour- she said 'oh, those- that is a favourite place for people to go to to get high and have sex'. You see what happens when humans get brains? Sigh. Slet a whole 4 hours - 0430 wake up....for some reason dreams are back- dark ones..not quite nightmares, as I view them now with clinical disdain. Not crap emotions...still disturbing but.
On that happy beginning to the day- see my psychoist first off..a 3 hour pilgrimage, then run one of my 2 meetings and then some walking. Orange 45 is on tele doing stuff only Orange people do. I think I might go watch Deadpool again.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Checking in. Home and snuggling with Charlie. I think we should totally replace most people with puppies �� Just saying.

PJ - hoping you find some good sleep tonight. I know how crappy a lack of some good shut eye can be. Your Orange 45 reference at first confused me and then made me laugh. Got it. Lol.

Well off to start dinner. I'm sick of healthy food. I want candy. Lol
Old 09-21-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I agree: Puppies are much better than humans

Just got back from the dentist and I can't feel half of my face! The good news: Did you know Burger King has a chocolate Oreo milkshake? You should see me try to drink this thing out of a straw!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good night everyone!

Sam....puppies are totally better than humans!

Purp....I have a visual of you trying to drink your milk shake! Lol
Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Humans. Brains. No Brains. I'm very confused most of the time myself.

My wife thinks I'm kind of anti-social - I tell her I am anti-stupid ... hahaha.

I like to hang out with people, but mostly when we are physically doing things - I like hiking, golfing, going to the gym, working outside - but always in groups and always at a speed that allows for conversation and interaction - I call it "foraging speed". I really dislike "parties", even though I've been to many of them. I think actually going to parties through high school, college and after was a big contributor to my drinking problem - I don't enjoy just "chatting", I like "doing" - to make the chatting easier, I drank more.

Anyway, mostly good stuff these days but feeling a little disorganized - I could use a day just on my own. Not sure how to make that happen right now - might have to settle for a few hours.

Have a good night gang!!
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is doing well

D
Old 09-22-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

MITA I can totally relate! I always felt the need for the "liquid courage" before any social gatherings.....and I have a quote on Pinterest that says "I'm not anti-social; I'm anti-idiot"

Hey Dee! Hope you're doing well too!

Stopped by to join the September class....did a morning meditation with contemplation card ~ hoping to get back to the gym. Last night I attempted one of my workout dvds and hoo boy, Purps is outta shape!

Looking forward to a sober weekend with my fellow March Muppets!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Here is a quote from STDragon, our Sober Bus driver:

Last night I was listening to a local Winnipeg man telling his story of recovery. He said, "While I'm inside working on my recovery, my AV is outside in the parking lot doing push-ups".

I envision the Sober Bus racing thru that parking lot and running over our AV's.

(A new thread has been started if anyone would like to hop on and take a ride with us!)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...us-pt-8-a.html (Please stay on the Sober Bus -- pt.8)
Old 09-22-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Hi all. Saw psychoist this am. 2000 FRIDAY now. Did a mental dump- I am doing everything far beyond expectations- everything, except one matter that has burnt (no pun intended) into my mind. Fear- turned to hatred, then rage- now anger...all to do with the death and no family bit. Yes- I know, I KNOW all the CBT stuff. I get an 'A=' for that. But EMOTIONAL growth is a 'B-'. The anger-so we have worked on today- a VERY deep session- I made it so, no crap or niceties- looking straight at the dark crap in my mind- that place no one wants to go to. The closest I can work on- for now is anger at the fact I survived. Perhaps b-cos I believe I am not deserving. Perhaps b-cos it is the hardest thing to overcome. Thus the fear/anger/rage....well.
Even Mr clever clogs psychoist 9and he is0 said he could not imagine anything more horrible than being aware one is dying - alone. Which I was.

Frankly it sucks. So I walked for 5 hours today. Made sure I ate well (steak stirfry, me cook), and ran my lunch meeting. Supported someone after by walking with them for 30 minutes,then supported another in this recovery program- who is afraid to take risks- thus still boozes, bongs..as an escape/safety valve. Long w/end here- lots of spring festivals- with cars, film, fashion..and about 4 more in the city. The ferals are already cranking up...tonight the local favourite Aussie Footy team plays in the semi's. Lots of couch athletes- hydrating on booze. Does not interest me at all.
Watching Avengers instead..
Humans who use their brains to improve/grow/help others or at least TRY are way cool as far as I am concerned.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Humans. Brains. No Brains. I'm very confused most of the time myself.

My wife thinks I'm kind of anti-social - I tell her I am anti-stupid ... hahaha.

I like to hang out with people, but mostly when we are physically doing things - I like hiking, golfing, going to the gym, working outside - but always in groups and always at a speed that allows for conversation and interaction - I call it "foraging speed". I really dislike "parties", even though I've been to many of them. I think actually going to parties through high school, college and after was a big contributor to my drinking problem - I don't enjoy just "chatting", I like "doing" - to make the chatting easier, I drank more.

MITA, I could have written that MYSELF! Exactly how I feel/am in social situations and what I prefer! Nice to know I'm not the only one who feels that way!