Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 4

Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

D75.

Hi class.

About to make my 100th post!

Welcome back for another go Fish. Stress is always one of the biggest triggers for most people I think.

Feeling really hungry all the time at the moment for some reason. I don't really think about drinking much during the day anymore. I just think about food instead! I've never had an appetite quite like this before. Better than obsessing over booze though I suppose.

Nearly to the end of another week!
Old 09-14-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Another 11-hour day.

Home to ROOT beer . . . and French-language mystery show (I don't speak French).

Hang in there! We can do this.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

We don't get Root Beer in England, Fish. Well it's quite rare but I do enjoy that. I've finished my job in Slovenia now and the next one isn't until Monday evening in Croatia so I've got a lot of time killing to do. My colleague always keeps suggesting going out, I'm not going to cave but why can't he just go alone? It's not like we're good friends or anything, whilst it's still early days for me I'm more than happy to just keep to myself and do my own thing. It's making me stressed when I don't really need to be haha.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Day 14 checking in. Feeling better every day... Still some shame and pain lingering over the chaos I created in my drinking, but I'm doing the things I need to do every day to stay sober right now. I'm not even thinking about picking up a drink- I feel like I'd rather die at this point than be caught in that horrible drinking cycle again.

Meeting a friend today at the park with our little ones and running a Tough Mudder race tomorrow. I'm so not prepared and haven't trained this year like I have in the past, but hopefully it's a fun time anyway.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 09-15-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

D76.

Just a quick check in. End of yet another week.

Good luck with the race tomorrow hns. Sounds challenging!

Winter has really come early here this year. Lots of rain and cold nights. Feeling like I just want to hibernate and eat at the moment.

Anyway, have a good weekend all.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

8th week

Sort of OK - for me 3 months is when I start feeling well (or not unwell)

The weather is pretty grim in the UK - it's been autumn then winter then autumn then ... for 5 years on the trot

I repaired an electronic keyboard today (hard prob) - so my brain seems a bit better

Anyway - well done comrades if you still doing yourself good
Old 09-16-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Into Saturday makes Day 70. Woo hoo
Old 09-16-2017, 01:10 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great going CAGY

D
Old 09-16-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

D77.

Well done on 70 days Cute!

Had another drink dream last night. It was a bit different to previous ones though. This time I was in some sort of social setting and was drinking a soft drink while others were drinking alcohol. Then someone gives me a shot of vodka to put in my drink. I don't want to say no so I just pour it into my glass. But then I decide that I cant drink it and go off to find the kitchen where I pour it straight down the sink.

I've had quite a few "drink or pour" dreams since quitting and I'm pleased to say that I opt to pour most times. It was a bit like a rehearsal for what I would do in a situation like this in the possible future. Obviously I failed the first part not saying no in the first place, but didn't end up actually drinking it in the end. A bit of progress.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I've had plenty of drinking dreams too. I don't recall ever drinking in them. But possibly already have drank before the dream started type guilt. If that makes sense. Lol
Old 09-16-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Great work getting to day 70 Cute.

It's crazy how real those drinking dreams feel, Jen. At least your subconscious is in agreement with your decision haha.

I packed summer clothes for my work trip and it's been thunder and lightning since I got here, can't even leave the hotel so I'm going to just whole up in here for a day or two. My colleague went out to an Irish bar that he found on google maps but I'm pleased to say that I disappointed him by turning him down in his request for me to join him, I even slipped in the line "bars aren't really my scene" so I hope he won't ask again.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Happy (sober) Sunday, all!

Must say, I've not had drinking dreams (thankfully). My subconscious goes in different directions, I guess.

Congrats Cute! Well done Jenuk! I'm closing in on a week (again). Baby steps.

Hang in there! We can do this!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

D78.

Hi all.

Went for a Sunday roast dinner with family. Stuck to my usual diet coke. It didn't even really register that I was sitting in a pub having a meal. Usually I would be eyeing the drinks people around me were having or imagining the coke I was drinking with a shot of something in it. But no, nothing. Just enjoyed my dinner.

Onwards to week 12!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Well done on another sober weekend everyone.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

D-75... The drinking thinking is kicking in. The drinking dreams are back. I reach this plateau where life feels normal. And I think I'm normal in all ways. But I know there is nothing normal about my drinking. Hoping this passes. I have my plan handy... But still...
Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Hey everybody! Glad to see all the people on here. 60 days :>) Got stranded in MN due to the storm and then finally made it to South Florida where my Ex let me stay until my power and water were back up. Have to head to Detroit tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well
Old 09-18-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Mornin' all!

Welcome to a new week of defeating the demons!

Hang in there! We can do this!
Old 09-18-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

D79.

Hi all.

Good to see you back after the storm WME3. Well done on 60 days!

I'm still getting the drinking dreams too sunshine. It never fully goes away, just lingers around in the background. Getting better at ignoring it though.

Not the best Monday, but still much better than it would be when I was still recovering from the weekend.

Well done to all!
Old 09-18-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

I find that can be the most difficult time sometimes, sunshine. The AV becomes very subtle at this point, it's changing tactics by telling you that you're fine now. I think I'm almost at that stage too but we've got to keep pushing on and always remember what the AV really wants.

Glad to hear you're safe and well WME, congrats on 60 days.

I've watched a few good films this week to pass the time and keep my mind occupied including Nocturnal Animals, Empire Records and Look Who's Back, the latter is a funny German film about Hitler randomly appearing in the future and how he deals with technology and how he engages with the people of today. I have to be up early for work tomorrow so I'm off to sleep now. The hotel I'm in is awful though haha, last night I could just hear loud drunk people between 4-5am. Rather them than me.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Means a lot :>)