Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 4

Old 09-01-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 49

Hi Class,

Day 49 for me and I'm doing ok. A couple of days I have struggled, but it passes and each day is a new opportunity.

Hope you are all well!

Sunshine
Old 09-01-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all you milestoners
D
Old 09-01-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunshineinoz View Post
Hi Class,

Day 49 for me and I'm doing ok. A couple of days I have struggled, but it passes and each day is a new opportunity.

Hope you are all well!

Sunshine
Nice name Sunshineinoz! :-)
Old 09-01-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

5th week

Just checking in, and to read what people are up to (it's bit like a soap opera on TV but a tad more 'real')

I've noticed I'm much better if I take my vitamins and supplements (cod liver oil, selenium, iodine etc.)

Well done on another day comrades
Old 09-01-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Spidey

52 days sober

Day 52 in the books. I have smiled and laughed so much the last 3 weeks. No hangovers are great. Good night and blessings to you all!!!!
Old 09-01-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Spidey

Originally Posted by redcardid View Post
5th week

Just checking in, and to read what people are up to (it's bit like a soap opera on TV but a tad more 'real')

I've noticed I'm much better if I take my vitamins and supplements (cod liver oil, selenium, iodine etc.)

Well done on another day comrades
Amen to that well done everyone. Give me 24 more hours please
Old 09-02-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Fish is back, tail between his fins.

Taking daughter to college, coupled with an incredibly stressful work situation was more than a nickel-sized fish-brain could handle. I never go "on a bender", but I certainly had more to drink than I wanted (which was zero).

Back to day one. What's different this time is that I'm not just going "ghost" the class; I'm back because y'all are so forgiving, supportive/encouraging.

Hang in there; we can do this!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Thanks Jen, it'll be a tough test but I'm determined to overcome it.

Sorry to hear that Fish, good job at coming straight back here though.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 58

Well I was worried about being alone Saturday night but fortunately/unfortunately something went wrong at work so I have to stay up country for another day and try to do the job again tomorrow. It's a bit of a bummer because tomorrow is now a write off but at least I won't be tempted this evening now.
Old 09-02-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Fish good on ya for getting back on the horse so soon! So many people run with it after they go back out (me included). It happens - doesn't have to but it does!! I don't know how you feel about AA but it helps me (e.g. when my kids reject me / had some crazy crappy stuff at work myself this week) to share with other people - before, during, or after the meeting. Feelings still suck but seems to help with the desire to drink - at least for me. I can relate! Hang in there and keep posting!
Old 09-02-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

D63.

Hello everyone! Good to see so many posting again!

Welcome Sunshineinoz and welcome back Spidey. Well done on hitting the 50 mark!

Well done for coming straight back Fish.

Feeling a bit under the weather and tired today. This is actually quite useful though, as it makes not drinking tonight much easier. Going to catch up on sleep tonight and see out another week sober. Onto week 10.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Feeling angry tonight. I was supposed to be paid yesterday and all my colleagues did except for me. I messaged my boss and he's said there was a problem with the accountant and mine didn't go through properly, he then had the cheek to ask if I could wait until the 11th because he is going on holiday on Monday. I said I was desperate as I've already had payments go out my account which has left me over the limit and he said he would go to the office and sort it out. That was 9am this morning, I've had nothing go into my account by 5pm so I emailed him again asking if it was actually going to be in my account this weekend or do I have to wait till Monday due to banks being open or anything and he just hasn't got back to me.

My colleague said I shouldn't blow my wages every month but this has been the first month in a very long time that I haven't had to borrow money because I have stopped buying drink and drugs for a while now and I don't think that's fair either, it shouldn't matter how I spend MY money because it's MINE I should be paid on time regardless. Sorry for ranting but I had to get it out somehow, I'm driving myself crazy in this crappy hotel room.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your boss sorts it out Sean

D
Old 09-03-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Absolutely no excuse for you not to be paid what is owed to you, when it is owed to you. And asking you to wait a week? I would be angry as well.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to check out of the July class. Fell of the horse once, got back on, then decided willingly to get back off. At this point, I have nothing to offer as my advice and support would be hypocritical at best.

I truly wish each and every one of you success and happiness. CP64
Old 09-03-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

D64.

Welcome back ClearPath. Please don't think that you need to leave the class, you are welcome here whatever happens. Hope you decide to stick with it.

Sorry to read about the wages thing Sean. That's out of order. Try not to let the anger and stress get too much. I know where that can lead and it never helps. You have done so well to get this far.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I got paid a couple of hours ago and so much stress was relieved, it was a great feeling.

ClearPath, like Jen said, don't feel like you need to leave the class. You're one of us and I'd like you to stay and continue your sober journey with us.

Summer is definitely over in the U.K. finally on my way home from work and we have horrendous rain.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Day 60.

Got myself a PlayStation to help if boredom strikes. I had some strong cravings earlier in the day but they've passed now. I'm going out for a nice meal with a friend tonight which I'm looking forward to as I'm starving and then from tomorrow I'm going to start eating cleaner and stop with so much sugar.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

D65.

Well done on 60 days Sean!

Bit quiet in here at the moment. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey all, im still here & still sober! Busy weekend at work, finished my last night shift this morn. Just got into a nice freshly made bed....literally nothing like it!!
Ive decided to apply for promotion at work, so ive got loads of revising to do, guess it'll b easier with a clear head!!!!

Well done on the 60+ club jen &

clear-like the others have said....u certainly don't need to leave here, we're all in it together!!
Old 09-04-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

6th week

Strangely tired and feel as if I weigh ten tons.

I had to cancel a thing and it made someone really angry. I just couldn't handle it. I'm not feeling guilty - it was self-preservation selfishness.

@SeanFox87 - tough luck. I've been in that situation and gone hungry till I could borrow money. Glad you got paid.

Anyway - well done on another day comrades.

ClearPath64 - get back on the horse and stay in the class. You might have things to say that help others.