Notices

Class of July 2017 Part 4

Old 08-29-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Fish on the road.

Taking dear daughter to college -- 9 hours driving yesterday, 5 more today. Puppy in car, out of car, in car, out of car . . . . But she (the puppy) has been good.

There's a lot of corn in Nebraska!

Hang in there. We can do this! (You, too, Clear! Way to get back with the group!)
Old 08-29-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

D59

Hi class.

Interesting idea redcardid. Rewiring the brain so it no longer works against you. I think this would be possible with enough time and effort. Giving it my best shot this week.

My AV hates the fact that I use this site. It has really ruined its fun. It has tried to get me to leave the group a few times now. Trying to convince me that I could do whatever I wanted then without feeling bad. Telling me I don't really need it and no-one would really notice or care if I didn't post anyway.

To me this is a sign that coming here must be helping. The fact that my AV hates it so much and feels threatened. It wants nothing more than to isolate me again.

Keep onwards all.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great observations Jen - you too Redcardid

D
Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hope everyone had a great day! Had someone relapse in our AA group. Always glad to see them back! I know how hard it is.... Want recovery more than the drink! It is worth it. A little bit of time and you'll see it... Life is still life, but sober life is truly better!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 55

Went to see Terminator 2 on the big screen last night because it was Judgement Day, one of my favourite films and I was so happy I got to see it in the cinema. Today I've been to the gym, had to move some boxes around at home and I'm about to go meet some friends for lunch in town. My AV has been quiet yesterday and today so far. I think it's hatching a plan for when I start cutting down on sugar on day 60. I'll be ready and waiting for it though.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

D60!

Hi all.

Half way through week 9 and soon to enter the third month.

Went for a long walk this morning. Last night was pretty hard and so is today. I cant quite believe I haven't drank yet this week but here I am. I think my AV has finally realised that it has reached checkmate. No more moves to try to get me to drink this week. Nothing seems worth giving up almost 10 weeks for.

Hope everyone is still going strong.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congratulations jenuk on 60 days!! Keeping on keeping on.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all checking in....think im about 35 days...need to check!!

Day off 2day, so catching up with GOT & housework!!

I'm concerned that im not really missing booze, last time it was all i thought about, is it my AV playing mind games!??

Got my 3rd therapy session tomo....im really enjoying it...but im worried that ill end up convincing myself i dont have a huge booze problem.....the last session she said "would u want to give up drinking if ur husband was ok with how u drank" i was honest & said "probably not if u could give me a pill that made me drink moderately with the once a yr let ur hair down night"!
Now i came away thinking 'what do i honestly want'....but now, a week later, due to the fact im feeling pretty good im thinking the abstinence is more for me....im just worried ill read into too much of what she says (sorry im babbling, but just typing what im saying)!!

What do u think?
Old 08-30-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

5th week

Sleeping better and becoming more productive.

I'm disgusted by humanity at the moment but really love animals. I'm thinking of fostering an abused cat. I need to keep away from the crazy angry people (but there are so many of them).

Anyway - well done on another day comrades (particularly Clearpath) :-)
Old 08-30-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you milestoners

D
Old 08-31-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Woo hoo for 60 Jenuk!!! 5 days behind ya
Old 08-31-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Well done on 60 days Jen and week number 5 redcardid.

Lou, I think that's a bit of a red flag when you start thinking that you can go back to moderately drinking. I've had that feeling a lot a previous failed attempts at quitting. I just tell myself that if I could moderately drink then I wouldn't be on this website and I would never have made so many attempts at quitting the stuff. It sounds like a dirty AV trick.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning everybody. Yesterday found myself in an angry, stressed out mood mainly due to work crap. Spilled over into other areas. This leads to "F' it!" for me. Very dangerous. Counting things I had to be grateful for and realizing I have little control over outside things but 100% control over way I respond to it helped a bit. At meeting a guy shared that gratitude is like oil to the recovery machine. I agreed. Grateful for my stressful job and - well I'll skip the adjective - manager. Grateful I know where my kids are and they are healthy even though they won't have anything to do with me. Grateful that me and my ex can still have a friendship and care about each other instead of hating each other (even though I do hate some of the things she has done). Extremely grateful I don't have to drink over any of it! These things could change in a minute and I do truly have a lot to be grateful for.... So many people have really bad, true problems. I am sure I will again too.... Anyway! Don't know if that helps anyone but helped me to write it! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

D61

Hello class.

Last day of August! Can't actually remember how many times I have got into the third month. It hasn't been many.

loulou - It sounds as though you already know abstinence is the best option for you. I wouldn't let anything convince you otherwise.

Got to admit I struggle with the gratitude thing. Something I need to work on really. Grateful to have got through this week so far without making myself ill with alcohol as a starter.

Sometimes recovery feels like a total rebuilding process. Like having to reboot our whole system.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

5th week

Just checking in - a bit twitchy. My doc prescribed Co-dydramol (Dihydrocodeine - an opioid) for the pain caused by the ripped ligament in my wrist.

He gave me 120 ??? I've taken about 12 so far.

I'm OK now - some pain but not enough to take Co-dydramol.

I took two last night when I really didn't need to.

I mindful of getting hooked on the junk, and it's another thing to overcome that I do not need right now. I injured my wrist while drunk by the way.

Anyway, I'm getting stuff done and making progress. Well done on another day comrades :-)
Old 08-31-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're being cautious redcardid.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 57

Been a bit lazy and haven't been to the gym the past two days, I've hit a bit of a slump. It's a nice day though so I'm going to get up and enjoy some of the sunshine before I leave for work this evening. I'll be back relatively early tomorrow evening so I need to be at my most vigilant as I'll have a week off work. Have a great sober weekend everyone.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

D62.

Hi all.

Made it to September. Good luck for next week Sean. I am almost at the end of my week off and it has been pretty tough. Glad that I didn't end up drinking though.

Hope to see everyone back in soon.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I cant believe it is September already. Good job everyone staying sober. This weekend I will need to be especially vigilant as I am going to a bar-b-q on Monday. Many friends will be drinking. I've got my LaCroix ready!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I have holiday week-end kid free anxiety. Have had to tell one friend flat out after several attempts to get us to go out that we are not drinking. I tried every other excuse and he wasn't budging. so there now he isn't bothering me. lol