Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 39

Old 07-21-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Arbor, prayers that that deportation situation can be worked out quickly.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Hi all

Gosh, sorry for the news concerning your BIL Arbor. I hope something works out.

I remember the sticker peeling days. Some come off easily, others , not so much.

All is fine, but I'll be away a couple days so I'm wishing everyone a pleasant weekend and I'll catch up Monday evening!
Safe travels, Mark, and enjoy your weekend.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
What!!!!!????

Arbor, I am so distressed to hear this.

How can that happen; they are married!

I do not know, Leigh. This is foreign territory to me. He has been in the country for 13 years, works six days a week to provide for his family, pays his taxes, speaks the language, and owns a home. The children are so young. Two and six. They love their Dad. It pains me to think that this country thinks this is alright. Tearing families apart. I am sick over this and finding it very hard to work today.

We are hoping this story goes viral. Maybe there's something that can be done to reverse this thing. It happened with a man in the next town over. Granted another two years to sort out the paperwork. Because that's all it is. Money, time, and paperwork. They've gone through two lawyers. Something is not right and its coming from the top. Our fearless leader wants all hombres gone. Deport them all.

She's now faced with leaving the country herself. She doesn't want her children growing up without a father. Because that's what it is. Once your deported its ten years before you have the option of possibly getting back in. Possibly. So she's looking into Canada as a option.

It's just so sad and wrong.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
I do not know, Leigh. This is foreign territory to me. He has been in the country for 13 years, works six days a week to provide for his family, pays his taxes, speaks the language, and owns a home. The children are so young. Two and six. They love their Dad. It pains me to think that this country thinks this is alright. Tearing families apart. I am sick over this and finding it very hard to work today.

We are hoping this story goes viral. Maybe there's something that can be done to reverse this thing. It happened with a man in the next town over. Granted another two years to sort out the paperwork. Because that's all it is. Money, time, and paperwork. They've gone through two lawyers. Something is not right and its coming from the top. Our fearless leader wants all hombres gone. Deport them all.

She's now faced with leaving the country herself. She doesn't want her children growing up without a father. Because that's what it is. Once your deported its ten years before you have the option of possibly getting back in. Possibly. So she's looking into Canada as a option.

It's just so sad and wrong.
This is simply unbelievable, Arbor. I can only imagine e how you feel; I don't know them and I feel sick about it.

Perhaps they should ask their lawyer if going to the media would be helpful.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

I will add your family to my prayers, Arbor.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Arbor - your sister's situation weighs heavily on my mind. This is so destructive. This is not how to go about making America "great."
Old 07-21-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

That's horrible, Arbor. What a powerless feeling. I'm so sorry and hope they can get the decision changed and he can stay.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Thanks, Phoebe. I hope your doing better. It's nice to hear your up and moving about. Was the procedure worse or better than you thought?

Thank you, Briar. Unbelievable the hate that resides in this country.

I really miss, Suze. I hope she is ok and not deported, too. I also hope that she crossed all her t's and dotted her i's coming into this country. Get the best lawyer you can afford.

Much love everyone. It's all I got.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:08 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Continued prayers, Arbor. There is something inherently wrong with this situation.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Thanks, Arbor. Overall, so far, its been so much easier than I imagined. The pain control after surgery was amazing, and only a mild narcotic, but lots of IV ibuprofen (toradol), Tylenol, gabapentin (dulls nerve pain somehow), and I was up and walking around within 24 hours. At home, mostly ibuprofen and Tylenol. I never had much bad pain, and nothing at all like the pain of the bowel perforation I endured for a week. Good medicine is amazing! I've healed very well. But, the details of my plumbing adjusting are the remaining glitch. I'm only 11 days out in a 6 week recovery, so that must be the thing that takes time... and getting back energy.

I miss Suze.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so sorry Arbor - however unlikely it looks right now, I hope that common sense and basic humanity will prevail.

D
Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Broken heart for Chester Bennington. This song has been so significant to me in my recovery journey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7ljtgOqS54
Old 07-21-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Thanks, Arbor. Overall, so far, its been so much easier than I imagined. The pain control after surgery was amazing, and only a mild narcotic, but lots of IV ibuprofen (toradol), Tylenol, gabapentin (dulls nerve pain somehow), and I was up and walking around within 24 hours. At home, mostly ibuprofen and Tylenol. I never had much bad pain, and nothing at all like the pain of the bowel perforation I endured for a week. Good medicine is amazing! I've healed very well. But, the details of my plumbing adjusting are the remaining glitch. I'm only 11 days out in a 6 week recovery, so that must be the thing that takes time... and getting back energy.

I miss Suze.
Really relieved that the surgery and the recovery, thus far, have gone so well.

Prayers for continued healing and recovery.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post

I miss Suze.
I miss Suze, too.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers.

Pleasant dreams.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Have a lovely day, Dee
Old 07-22-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Briar, so sad...we were listening to Linkin Park last night, too.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Hello and love to all.

Those dang-blasted gastro symptoms have returned with a house full of company
Old 07-22-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Oh Leigh, I'm sorry, that sucks! I hope you feel better soon.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Oh Leigh, I'm sorry, that sucks! I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, Briar