Class of October 2014 Part 39

Old 07-18-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night Leigh

D
Old 07-19-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Good morning all . Happy Wednesday/Hump day.

Not enough coffee yet to have much else to say except wishing everyone a nice day.

Hi ho hi ho.......
Old 07-19-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

^^^ Same here. Off to work I go! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm trying a new coffee highly recommended by someone this morning. Freshly ground and now in my cup.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Good morning all . Happy Wednesday/Hump day.

Not enough coffee yet to have much else to say except wishing everyone a nice day.

Hi ho hi ho.......
Good morning, Mark.

The same to you, thanks
Old 07-19-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
^^^ Same here. Off to work I go! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm trying a new coffee highly recommended by someone this morning. Freshly ground and now in my cup.
How was the coffee, Arbor?????

Hope that you are having a fine day.!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Love to all.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Good afternoon gang! Im trying to cut out the coffee... Yuck. It's nearly two and feels like my brain hasn't turned on yet. But I've managed to half-brainedly grocery shop, woggle at the gym, bathe the dog, clean around house and prep steaks for dinner. So far, my "day off" seems more tiring than going in to work!
Huge hugs to each of you!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Good afternoon gang! Im trying to cut out the coffee... Yuck. It's nearly two and feels like my brain hasn't turned on yet. But I've managed to half-brainedly grocery shop, woggle at the gym, bathe the dog, clean around house and prep steaks for dinner. So far, my "day off" seems more tiring than going in to work!
Huge hugs to each of you!
Is there a reason that you are trying to cut out coffee.

I did it for a while due to GERD but then I found a low-acid coffee and so far so good.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Well I came up for air for a moment . I'm glad you're making progress with your appointments Leigh.
How does your gang like their steaks prepped Conquest? I'm m always keen to try something new.

Ok, dive back into my schedule.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

The procedures are in late August. I think that if the gastro doc was really concerned, an opening would have been made.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Don't forget to take some good time for yourself, Mark!
Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

The coffee is a huge No-No from my gastro doc...I've kind of worked my way down to nothing, from the big button to the teacup size on the k-cup maker. Today is day two with zero coffee. Boom! And I did some blood work for food sensitivities yesterday...I'm super curious for the results to come in. It's all a big puzzle that we're working on. Hopefully, that will give some good answers.
As for the steaks, I go simple with olive oil, worscheshire (sp? Lol) sauce, lawry's season salt and pepper. They're a leaner cut, strip steaks, more my favorite than his. But when you're the chef, you get it exactly the way you want it, right?

So I just read an article in Southern Living magazine by a man that is known as an heirloom tomato master. He pulls his existing plants up in July and replants new starters for another harvest in late August/early September... Garden gloves on and challenge accepted!
Old 07-19-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
The coffee is a huge No-No from my gastro doc...I've kind of worked my way down to nothing, from the big button to the teacup size on the k-cup maker. Today is day two with zero coffee. Boom! And I did some blood work for food sensitivities yesterday...I'm super curious for the results to come in. It's all a big puzzle that we're working on. Hopefully, that will give some good answers.
As for the steaks, I go simple with olive oil, worscheshire (sp? Lol) sauce, lawry's season salt and pepper. They're a leaner cut, strip steaks, more my favorite than his. But when you're the chef, you get it exactly the way you want it, right?

So I just read an article in Southern Living magazine by a man that is known as an heirloom tomato master. He pulls his existing plants up in July and replants new starters for another harvest in late August/early September... Garden gloves on and challenge accepted!
You are so cute, conquest!!!!!!!

Let us know about the food sensitivity tests.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Julyers.

Pleasant dreams.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Have a great day, Dee
Old 07-19-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Nighty-night.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:54 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
How was the coffee, Arbor?????

Hope that you are having a fine day.!
Amazing! It's called Bulletproof coffee. I got the original whole bean and grind it myself. Pretty much the best coffee I've ever experienced! A bit pricey, but it's something I have everyday. Why not let it be good?

Steaks sound good, Conquest. This hot and steamy weather up here is perfect for grilling. Enjoy!

Nite nite, Leigh.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Those tomatoes sound fantastic!

I used to get a low acid coffee from Trader Joe's that I liked. Now I drink Peet's but limit it to a few cups a week. I also have GERD, but it improved significantly with sobriety. I still love a little caffeine, but I mainly stick with tea and caffeine tablets.

I had a good climb tonight. I'm getting stronger, I can tell I'm able to pull myself up easier, and my movements are getting smoother. It's great to see progress. The nice young guys who work there are very encouraging.

Tomorrow is my last appointment with my therapist. I'm taking the day off because I'm probably going to be pretty emotional, and I don't need to struggle with that at work. Besides, I have basically nothing to do there anyway. I feel ok today, actually.

Time to slap another layer of salve on my blistered palms. Good night all!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:23 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

That's cool to see such progress with your strength, Briar! I hope today's appointment goes well and you have some time to treat yourself.

Looks like SR got a mini makeover overnight. Fancy!

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Hi guys...checking in. Hope the fires are under control, Briar.

Good luck going coffee free, Conquest. I do primarily decaf, but I don't think that's good for your tummy either?

Mark, I think I forgot to compliment your crepes! Well done! We roll them up to eat, as opposed to stacking like traditional pancakes.

I'm plugging along. Doing ok, but now comes the long haul in the 6 weeks recovery. Waiting for the plumbing in my body to regulate itself, to put it delicately. I'm uncomfortable and feeling down, but hoping it's temporary bumps on the road to recovery. Walked the full 3/4 mile loop yesterday evening. Did 1/2 earlier. Working on more walking...I did it feel safe alone initially, due to being light headed. That's better. So, I can go out to stroll whenever I want. Can't walk the 58 pound beast for some time, though.

Love to all.