Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 39

Old 07-22-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Arbor, any. Wes on your BIL?

Prayers continue.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Nothing new other than a full on article in the local paper. Some sweet pictures of the family and nice write up. Oh, and there's a gofund me page setup now to help with the expenses and such. I'm told their lawyer is filing and preparing something new to combat this. Time will tell. I feel really bad for my parents who are just so distraught. No parent should have to go through this.

How are you feeling, Leigh? Did you have a good Saturday despite?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Arbor - I really hope the attorney is able to work something out. My heart goes out to you and your folks.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Thank you sweet, Briar.

How was your Saturday?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Pretty chill. Took my daughter to her swim lesson, then cleaned up a bit while my husband took her shopping. Now I should find something to do with her, but she's on the ipad, and she's so quiet...I know I should pry it away from her and take her for a walk or teach her algebra or some damn good-parent thing, but she's so quiet...

How are you doing?
Old 07-22-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Yes, sometimes that iPad is a thing of grace. Love those fleeting moments of silence when I get them.

Mentally exhausted. It's almost 9, the kids are in bed, and I'm thinking I might be next. Would be cool to actually do something for myself, but I just don't care enough.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Well, now she's screaming because she can't do something in her game. Meh, I figure a good cry will loosen up some of her stubborn nasal congestion. Always look on the bright side!

Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is sleep. I'm always tempted to stay up late screwing around on my phone, but I regret it when she's up at the crack of dawn insisting I build her a fort and buy her a real live pony to put inside it.

Actually, not that this is an issue anymore, but have you seen the comedy skit by Jim Breuer called Hungover Dad? It's on youtube. Hilarious and a good reminder! Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWmDHo7PMU

Last edited by Briar; 07-22-2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Added link because I screened video for crass language and found none :)
Old 07-22-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Oh, your kid is up early too insisting on making forts? It's my oldests thing right now. EVERYDAY. Gotta make a fort. Then he gets all pissed when the two year old wrecks it. I tell him build it in your own room then. Anything in the family room is up for grabs, kid.

Jim Breuer rules! So funny.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Oh god, the forts.

Building them is a pain in the rear. But taking them down is apparently child abuse. She finds her fort gone and screams MOOOOOOM!!! YOU RUINED MY LIFE!!!

Life ruining. It's my superpower.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:58 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Just watched the skit. It is a good reminder and totally true. After I had kids I realized pretty quick the party had to end. Unfortunately, that is also when I came to realize I had a problem. It was not just a party anymore.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Exactly. Party's over. But this is better. Ultimately the party sucked.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Way better. That skit gave me bad flashbacks of serious hangovers and watching kids. Never going there again.

There was never a party. We missed it all.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Yeah, those were some rough times. Sometimes when I'm sick or really tired and won't get out of bed, it reminds me of those mornings. It makes me feel guilty and weird even though I didn't even drink. Those bad memories run deep.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Nothing new other than a full on article in the local paper. Some sweet pictures of the family and nice write up. Oh, and there's a gofund me page setup now to help with the expenses and such. I'm told their lawyer is filing and preparing something new to combat this. Time will tell. I feel really bad for my parents who are just so distraught. No parent should have to go through this.

How are you feeling, Leigh? Did you have a good Saturday despite?
Prayers continue for all of your family, Arbor.

Not feeling too stellar.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better again soon Leigh

D
Old 07-23-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Leigh, I hope you feel better.

The hangover. days were worse than my true sick days after my bowel perforation and my surgery! Ugh. Such a waste of time.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Phoebe - it's true, I'd rather have surgery than a hangover at this point. For me the the mental anguish (guilt and anxiety and depression) from a hangover was much worse than the physical pain.

Arbor - I hope your family's okay. I'm sending good lawyering vibes your way.

Leigh - I hope you feel better. I'm sorry you've had so much trouble lately

Took my daughter climbing today. She did great. She is usually apprehensive about new things and gets easily discouraged, but she did great and got up pretty high. I worked on a wall I've been trying to climb for a couple weeks. It's hard, at least it is for me. Strategy-wise, I get it for the most part, but upper body strength, not so much. The kind young folks who work there are so encouraging. They're like "you look great! Good form!" When in reality we all know I look like a blind moose trying to climb the wall. I'll get there eventually.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Arbor, I'm speechless and just so sorry that your family is having to go through this. (Ugh! It's absolutely ridiculous.) Prayers and huge hugs your way.

Phoebe, I'm so glad to hear that recovery has been going well. Keep resting and healing!

And you too, Leigh! Do your best to get some rest with company in the house. I know that's tough.

How cool that your little one enjoys climbing as well, Briar! And I've got to say this...no shame in the iPad game. JR has played his share of extra hours on the PS4 just to keep things semi-sane around here at times.

Off to the doc! I'll catch up soon
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Love to all.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Still under the weather.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Hoping that tomorrow is a better day.