Notices

Class of March 2016 part 50

Old 06-09-2017, 06:50 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Re-Member

An alcoholic was looking for a parking space, and he was late for a meeting.

He circled and circled but there were no parking spaces to be found.

Finally he cried out, "God, please, please help me find a parking space!"

Just then a car pulled out of a space right in front of him.

"Never mind," said the alcoholic, "one just opened up."
Old 06-09-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in.

I had the most REAL dream that I saw my good friend walking down the street & she hugged me for like 5 solid minutes. It was soooo real!!! I miss her so much. I hate alcoholism for taking her away from me, all her other friends (she had ALOT!) her 4 kids & husband. She was truly one of the most vibrant, funny, caring friends I have ever had. One day her alcoholism just went to another level and she couldn't stop. 😢

We are playing Russian roulette every single time we drink guys!. I'm so grateful she came into my dream to hug me & tell me she loves me. ❤️

Anyway, I am going to try to do some journaling about my dream. I'll check in later. Love you guys!

I will NOT drink today no matter what!!!

Day 9.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning gang.

Bobbie and AK - feeling not good is no fun. I hope you both get better and have some fun soon.

BBG - that is early! As a general rule, I'm up at 0530, but only because I have to be. I could use an extra hour of sleep on most days.

Hi Sam!!

Casey & PJ - you guys really do keep us going. Thank you.

I'm not gonna drink today
Old 06-09-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Re-Member

9 is my favorite number, KiKi. Seriously! Well, 9 and 23. Not sure which I like more. I'm sure your friend would want you to lead the best, sober life that you can. Wishing you the best today.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post

Casey & PJ - you guys really do keep us going. Thank you.
I don't keep nothing going, not even myself. This class and website survived just fine when I was gone for those 5 months or so. This class is bigger than any one of us. In many ways, it's my higher power.

Though I have to admit I never thought my higher power would put onions in their shoes.

Have a wonderful day, MITA.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:05 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
We are playing Russian roulette every single time we drink guys!.
And thanks for this reminder. I may never get another chance to sober up so I'm gonna take full advantage of this one.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Re-Member

6,600 posts! Woo hoo!

Oops, this is 6,601.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I have an idea for a discussion starter:

The fatality, consequences, unmanageability & misery that alcohol causes. It kills people every single day, ruins lives, orphans children, causes people to feel like they are in hell etc etc.

Sorry to be Debbie Downer but I need to keep it REAL today!

I'll go first. Alcoholism has stolen several of my very best friends & a few of my husbands family members who we loved!. It gets you in its evil clutches and won't let go until it ruins your life & kills you.

For me personally, every time I drink I become suicidal. I get soooo depressed & then the anxiety rolls in. I feel hopeless, like I just want to give up. I do and say things I would NEVER do sober. I become a person that I hate. When I drink...the devil dances. I miss my kids events, I become a horrible mother, wife, friend, pet owner & human being! I waste money, severely damage my health & hate myself! I also drive drunk!!! HORRIBLE!

I will NOT drink today! I will NOT let the devil win.

Who's next?
Old 06-09-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
9 is my favorite number, KiKi. Seriously! Well, 9 and 23. Not sure which I like more. I'm sure your friend would want you to lead the best, sober life that you can. Wishing you the best today.
Thanks Casey.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:21 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Re-Member

While I've had hundreds/thousands of similar bad, horrible experiences/decisions made while drinking over the years, I have to be honest and say that over the last 2-3 years mainly my drinking has been interminably, soul-suckingly boring. I sit at home alone and drink by myself and just waste hour after hour after hour doing nothing but making plans in my head for all the great, cool things that I'm gonna do with my life. And then instead of doing them, I drink some more and tell myself I'll start all those cool things the next day/week/month. And then I wake up the next day and feel like crap and declare I'm never drinking again. And then in 3 days or a week or 10 days or six months, I drink again. It's an endless, awful, pointless, monotonous grind. And I also know in the back of my mind that once I start drinking, I'm capable of all those horrible, dishonest things that I did for years. It's all out there waiting for me at the bottom of one of those glasses of cheap box wine.

My life is better without alcohol in it. Period.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I don't keep nothing going, not even myself. This class and website survived just fine when I was gone for those 5 months or so. This class is bigger than any one of us. In many ways, it's my higher power.

Though I have to admit I never thought my higher power would put onions in their shoes.

Have a wonderful day, MITA.

Socks!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Trousers donned. As are my (non-onionized) socks and shoes. And a shirt. Washed my hair yesterday. Time to face the day. Thanks for helping me start the day with a sober mind, Marchers. Wishing everyone a safe and sober one! Don't drink. No matter what.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh yeah, I found another website that recommends putting a piece of onion in your ear in addition to your socks. Seriously. Do with that information what you will.

Casey out.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Why not a whole onion range of fashion products? Purple for formal, brown for work, white for your Christmas. Bob can be our model. A side attraction on the kangaroo farm.

KIKI- now the deep stuff. I am the first person to go without alcohol- male wise -up to me, on both sides- mother and father, for 16 months in over 70 years. 70% of these males were alcies..2 purposely drank themselves to death- my bro and an uncle- who was in hospital but so f..d, they let him drink a full bottle of whiskey every day until he died. I will not comment on anyone alive from me- back in time ..My family...no idea. The destruction happened generationally not only by booze- but the recurring themes it hid- emotional incompetence, family dysfunction hidden under the veil of happy families. In every case- alcoholism crushed self esteem, leading to absolutes in being either a good or fundamentally a bad person- to the marrow. Most did not even think- they drank. My family history has shocked every professional I have told. Mental health, sickness, other addictive behaviours (me- smoking and covfefe). A festering, growing cancer that prevailed upon all it touched. So the challenge for me is to rise above this- accept, let go and move on.....
My own horror story is of course well documented at SR. I consider this class to be my home group. Having moved 6 times in 20 months- this place is always the same. With onions. To live now means every day I have to have the courage to do what I have to do to not only survive- but grow. I hate it, I dislike myself and I loathe being alone. My humour and core beliefs are genuine- and the negativity is a dysfunctional bi product of a very disturbed child hood. How does the adult intellect- cope with life with all of it's complex interactions, memories and senses- with the emotional capability stunted by trauma, crap and booze? CBT says by thought-to change feelings- reflected in action, made stronger over time by being repeated for a lifetime.
Well my way is the thrash, shout, rage against the machine approach. I just fight- every minute/day. Fear and stuff are companions. So much damage- but also growth- by the rage and fight. All I know is not to drink, keep it this way with support and then work on me- now, for my tomorrow's.
I comes down to 1 word..hope.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thank you, Phoenix.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Re-Member

25 books for $5. I might have a problem. Well, two problems since I'm also running out of space for bookshelves.

For the past month or so, I have been buying any copies of recovery books I find for $1 or less and then taking them to my AA home group where I put them in the lobby with a "Free--Please Take Me Home" sign on them. Two of those 25 books today were copies of "Drinking: A Love Story" and another one was a copy of Mary Karr's "Lit." So it was really just 22 new (used) books for me.

Naptime.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How ya doin', PeacefulRain and Ladybug?
Old 06-09-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry for the late check in. It was a busy morning ... my daughter's last full day of school is today and then I had to take my littlest bug for her 30 month well visit. She fell asleep on the way home so I am sitting here in my car with the air on, eating lunch, and catching up with you all. My oldest bug has her dance recital tonight and tomorrow morning. Will have to be on guard tomorrow night ... the whole "you made it though a crazy week so you deserve a drink" bs.

One day at a time .... Day 9. Will check back later. Love you all. No drinking today for any of us!!
Old 06-09-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Will have to be on guard tomorrow night ... the whole "you made it though a crazy week so you deserve a drink" bs.
You know what's coming LB so just prepare yourself. Tool up!
Old 06-09-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I'll be out of internet access till Monday: everybody take care, be good, stay well.
I'll be thinking of you.
Looking forward to catching up later xxx