Notices

Class of March 2016 part 50

Old 06-09-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Making some nighttime tea and watching The Walking Dead....not my favorite (it's too gruesome) but DH loves it. Going to call it a night soon. Thanks for keeping me sober today ❤️❤️
Old 06-09-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sorry to hear about the sick household, Applekat. Hope it passes quickly.

I found a kinda creepy possible new avatar for you:

Or this slightly more subtle version of a cat with an Apple:

Just ate dinner. Had a piece of super dark chocolate (86%) for dessert. I remember reading once that such dark chocolates are good in early sobriety, that the antioxidents help reduce stress. Probably not true but it was pretty delicious.

Gonna watch episode 3 of Orange is the New Black and continue checking in here on SR. Trying to hit up the Newcomers board more the last couple of days. Gotta give it away to keep it, right?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Hmmm how do I choose?!

Let me know how OITNB goes. I won't get to watch tonight since hubby is taking the night off from studying and he won't watch that. Lol
Old 06-09-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hope the kittens get better fast AK...and you too!!
P.S. I like the second option for your avatar. Lol

Casey - I have heard sugar of all kinds is good in early recovery...just saying.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight Sam! Not a Walking Dead fan. I tried it when it first started, but didn't really care for it. I didn't find it gruesome, just kinda boring. I did read some of the comic books years ago when the show first started and liked them. I had a good friend that I used to tend bar with who was in a couple of episodes last year. He was this guy:

I watched his scenes but still couldn't sit thru the whole show. Just not my thing. But I was happy for him. He always wanted to be an actor and has finally been able to make a fulltime living at it for the last few years. It's been kinda cool to see things start working out for him He's had decent roles in 12 Years a Slave, Django Unchained, the first season of True Detective, and quite a few other things. He was not a very good bartender but still a good guy nonetheless.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

No BBT. It's an Everybody Loves Raymond night. But nevertheless it's lay down and watch TV time.

Thanks for keeping me sober today gang!
Old 06-09-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight BBG. Enjoy your ELR.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight class. Another day successfully sober with your help. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:58 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

At my sister's. goodnight, guys.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Sleep well, B.
Actually had 5 hours unbroken sleep last night. Just back from shops. A new forced hobby- I look at lots of different products- from the reject bin to the gourmet aisle. Interesting how little difference (if any) is in some products, food wise- other then packaging. Coffee - with words like 'intense', 'aromatic' and so on. Himalayan sea salt...that must have been a big trip. Doing recovery work- plus doing serious drafts for the next 2 mp's. Not just react and paint. Then writing and recovery CBT homework with a Brfit crime marathon on u-tube. Watching 'Vera' now. A frumpy auntie type senior police inspector who disarms all the bad guys by calling them 'pet', petal' and 'luv'.
Staff hearing weird noises asking me about them- voices in the dark. I heard someone repeatedly throwing stones on a window- possibly mine last night- so long as whatever- stays out there, not my concern. A year ago- I would have documented each noise, then investigated with an led torch.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hello and good night all. I am off to bed to read what kind of trouble Kay Scarpetta has found herself in this time. 😉
Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone. A blah day here - not sure what was up - just no get up and go. See you guys in the A.M.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:07 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hope tomorrow is better for you MITA x
My crazy busy stressful week at work is finally over. Feeling pretty anxious going into the weekend. Need to stop thinking about work.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Do you have any plans today MITA?
Old 06-10-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Morning! Another beautiful day here. On my way to work...two sick calls already but I'm not stressing about it. What will be will be. (who am I? Lol)

Casey - hope your last day off before returning to work is peaceful and relaxing

Bobbie - have a great time with your sister

PJ - five hours of uninterrupted sleep sounds pretty good.

Morning AK and PR!

Mish - glad your work week is over....hope you can turn off your brain for a bit

MITA - hope today is better....wishing you lots of get up and go today.

BBG - I think I was up before you today!

Well I better be off. Will check in later. Happy Saturday!!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!
I've missed you! I'm doing good, been crazy busy with my two year old and getting my house on the market to sell.

I'll be off of probation from my domestic situation with my ex very soon here, and then my record will be wiped clean so I'm happy about that. That will also free up more time and energy as I won't be required to attend counseling, meetings, anger management classes, and probation appointments. Of course I will still go to counseling and meetings but probably not as often as it has been very challenging being a single working mom without evening childcare besides my parents.

My ex had a major medical event a month ago and has been slowly recovering in an outpatient rehabilitation clinic ever since so I have been truly a single mom for awhile now with no physical or financial support for several months now. I don't want to say too much as custody will need to be figured out once (if) my ex gets better, and there is still a chance he will read these posts as he knew my last user name.

So send me some good juju that my house sells quickly and for a good price so I can get out of some debt, and move on with my life! Tia and love you!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
BBG - I think I was up before you today!
You sure were Sam. I think the whole world was up before me this morning. I guess I made up for gettin' up so early yesterday by sleeping so late this morning!

Good mornin' everybody. Got me some startin' fluid now.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Morning! Getting ready to leave for graduation! Have a great sober day! I left my onion socks at home.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

avagoodweegend all. Done me CBT stuff. When I was in the last year of high school- I hated maths. Especially calculus. Finally I got sick and tired of.....and after about the 9000th time- it clicked! I understood it. CBT is like that.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 16. Slept great.

Last day off. Nothing special planned. I made it through six episodes of Orange is the New Black. That leaves seven more to go, so there's probably a decent chance I'll finish those up today.

Glad you made it safely to the land of cheese, Bobbie. Enjoy your family time. Hope you're feeling better.

Hope you get at least five hours and one minute of unbroken sleep tonight, Phoenix.

Thanks for checking in, PeacefulRain.

Blah days are gonna happen, MITA. It's all in how we react to them. Wishing you a better one today.

Mish! So glad you finally checked in. Been asking/thinking about you this week. Hope you're feeling better.

How are the kiddos today, Applekat?

Que sera sera is a good way to live, Sam. Have a nice day!

Thank you for checking in, Autumnlover! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. I'll be praying for you. Don't be a stranger!

I was not up before you, BBG.

If you haven't checked in yet, please do so soon. Build those accountability muscles.

I'm not going to drink today. How about you?