View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:21 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Why not a whole onion range of fashion products? Purple for formal, brown for work, white for your Christmas. Bob can be our model. A side attraction on the kangaroo farm.

KIKI- now the deep stuff. I am the first person to go without alcohol- male wise -up to me, on both sides- mother and father, for 16 months in over 70 years. 70% of these males were alcies..2 purposely drank themselves to death- my bro and an uncle- who was in hospital but so f..d, they let him drink a full bottle of whiskey every day until he died. I will not comment on anyone alive from me- back in time ..My family...no idea. The destruction happened generationally not only by booze- but the recurring themes it hid- emotional incompetence, family dysfunction hidden under the veil of happy families. In every case- alcoholism crushed self esteem, leading to absolutes in being either a good or fundamentally a bad person- to the marrow. Most did not even think- they drank. My family history has shocked every professional I have told. Mental health, sickness, other addictive behaviours (me- smoking and covfefe). A festering, growing cancer that prevailed upon all it touched. So the challenge for me is to rise above this- accept, let go and move on.....
My own horror story is of course well documented at SR. I consider this class to be my home group. Having moved 6 times in 20 months- this place is always the same. With onions. To live now means every day I have to have the courage to do what I have to do to not only survive- but grow. I hate it, I dislike myself and I loathe being alone. My humour and core beliefs are genuine- and the negativity is a dysfunctional bi product of a very disturbed child hood. How does the adult intellect- cope with life with all of it's complex interactions, memories and senses- with the emotional capability stunted by trauma, crap and booze? CBT says by thought-to change feelings- reflected in action, made stronger over time by being repeated for a lifetime.
Well my way is the thrash, shout, rage against the machine approach. I just fight- every minute/day. Fear and stuff are companions. So much damage- but also growth- by the rage and fight. All I know is not to drink, keep it this way with support and then work on me- now, for my tomorrow's.
I comes down to 1 word..hope.