Notices

Class of March 2016 part 50

Old 06-08-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
How's everybody doing? Just had dinner. I'm listening to some loud music with another online friend while I read. Music can be a little bit of a trigger for me but I ain't gonna stop listening to it so need to learn to deal.

For now, I'm gonna hold out and not work until my next scheduled shift on Sunday. I got this time off for a reason, might as well stick to it.
Just had my dinner too Casey. Big ole ribeye and baked tater. It's a good BBT night to top it off. Life is good!

Glad you're gonna' be around a lot for a few more days.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Dentist appt went okay.......NOTE: if you're a lover of Starbucks like I am ~ I was told after drinking their coffee to rinse out with either water or Listerine. She said it's coating your teeth with sugar and it causes even more cavities. Yeah, so I got a $20 tube of prescription fluoride toothpaste & had to make two more appointments.

What a cute picture Bobbie!

And for National Best Friend's Day: So my BFF and I have known each other for, like, 30 years. Not sure if I already mentioned this to you guys, but as teenagers we would make videos of ourselves dressed up as Guns N' Roses ~ we were pretty creative, too ~ had the tattoos and everything! I'm so glad this was all before the internet came along....the tapes have been destroyed.....this all happened before I even started drinking!
Old 06-08-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Today I heard the Aerosmith song "Cryin" ~ Wow, the same could be said about alcohol:

I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Your love is sweet misery
I was cryin' just to get you
Now I'm dyin' 'cause I let you
Do what you do to me

And one of my crushes is in that video ~ Stephen Dorff (I know, LOL) but he's the guy at the end who plays Alicia Silverstone's boyfriend ~ he is effing hot!!!
Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Unpacking from my trip. Packing to leave tomorrow. Going to Wisconsin to see my sister. Her daughter is graduating high school. Another daughter has to be hours away so I am coming to the rescue!! Glad I can. Plus sister time. Big bonus.

Trying this onion on my feet thing to get rid of my cough. (True desperation). Will let you all know how that works. Lol
Old 06-08-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Have a great freaking trip, Bobbie.....try to get some rest, ya hear?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I heard wearing a whole watermelon rind on your head also helps to get rid of a lingering cough, Bobbie. But you have to post a picture on the internet to get the full benefit.

Be careful of Listerine/mouthwashes in general, Purple, make sure you get the alcohol-free versions.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Back from dinner and grocery shopping. I found Oreo cookies with popping candy in them.....what!?!
Old 06-08-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yes bob- watermelon helmet, onions in the slippers... perhaps avocado paste socks...
Old 06-08-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Keep making fun - I can take it.

Would be fun to find a tape of you and your friend, Purple. Hmm, tape - no tape?

Sam- really?!?
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Alcohol free mouthwash - that never would have even crossed my mind. Thanks for mentioning.

Went to the ball game - light turnout. I'd say less than 50% full. The Dbacks stadium is nice and pretty new. This is quite a change for a guy who's used to going to games at Fenway Park, the old Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium. Plus, because it's pretty hot the roof was closed. I've never been to an indoor baseball game - kind of weird. Still, good ball - even if it did turn into a blow out.

Sam, some days we are cranky!! That's the way things go, but be mindful (sounds like you are).

Getting a little hungry now. I've got some ribs I can cook up and some new potatoes to go with them. I'm not a very good cook - more of a grill guy - but it will all be edible
Old 06-08-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Back from dinner and grocery shopping. I found Oreo cookies with popping candy in them.....what!?!
Yes - Fireworks Oreos. I have not tried these yet, but they are on my list!
Old 06-08-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Gonna' jump in my jammies and lay down for some BBT time friends. Have a great evening. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the mornin'!
Old 06-08-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh man, I want some Pop Rock Oreos.

Goodnight BBG! Enjoy your BBT!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sam- canyagettem deep fired?
Bob- I think you need to get a garlic mouthwash to go with the water melon helmet- you could cut side holes in it and make pig tails to stick out. Or to connect with the youngies- make you helmet into a Magneto shape, oh- how they will laugh!!!
Just getting ready for the loony meeting. Stupid fluvax. Hope you feel better travelling B. Travel IS tiring. Fatigue lowers immune system, so hydrate lots. Perhaps pack a second helmet. If someone collapses for an entirely comical, safe, politically correct, non threatening way- and some one raises the cry 'OMG!!! Does anyone have a spare watermelon helmet?" you can step up to the plate.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

You are so weird. Although I'm the one sitting with onions in my socks.

Have a good meeting with the loonies.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Just checking in before bed. My son's orientation is over & went well! CASEY....I just saw your post about wearing an eye patch! Shoot!!! That would have been a GREAT idea! Maybe I'll wear one when he moves into his dorm at the end of August. Hahahaha

Anyway...I was exhausted when I got home this afternoon so I took a nap & rested for 3 hours!!! When I got up I took our dog for a walk. It was gorgeous here today! Low 70's and bright sunshine! After the walk I made quesadillas and taco salads for the fam. Now I'm relaxing....

Well...have a great night everyone! See you tomorrow. Thx for helping me stay sober for another day and for making me LAUGH! Laughter is truly the best medicine for me! Love u all!
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

(I'm patiently waiting for KiKi to finish responding to everyone before I update our Quest For the World Sobriety Chatterbox Record.)

Lol Casey...just saw this.
Old 06-08-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Old 06-08-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

WHAT are those? Your new shoes? Lol!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

BTW...I'm still up.....