Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-05-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the new guys, great to see ya all here..
End of day 2, midnight on Monday night here in Nz, had a productive day studying with a fresh mind.. Even didn't think about a glass a wine when it came to cooking tea for the family, which is my worst time for craving it..

Cutengay - what is this thing called LaCroix?

Soberunner - let me know how ya found the chai.latte.. I gave up coffee 6 weeks ago, had 3 a day with 2 sugars each in, now nothing but I.feel sometimes it would be nice to have something other than herbal tea or sugary hot choc..

Enjoy the rest of your Monday peeps..
Old 06-05-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Another day 1 for me...I have to make this my last day 1. My body isn't going to make it through another binge.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:40 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Mary2

Day 3

Day 3... anxiety remains a problem and worrying thoughts about my kids.
Had to do some errands this morning so no option but to get up go. Got a thing on at school later so just need to ride the storm. I still feel greasy and dirty despite washing.
Hope you all ok sending love xxx
Old 06-05-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tynesider22 View Post
Hi Kats and Time2shine.

Congrats on the 5 days Kats. Doesn't matter how far along the road you are, we're all on the same journey.
Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Just dropping in to say "hi."
CnGY, great to see you here, glad you're still in the fight. It's really worth it.
Thank OOTT. Had over 4 months before this class. It was definitely worth it.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by time2shineagain View Post
Unfortunately found out Duke (our puppy) has a very bad case of hip dysplasia. In both hips. No more trips to the dog park and limited exercise. Many many more vet appointments and options to review. Spent over $700 today at the vet, which we can't really afford...but had to be done. Major trigger for me to drink, but I've ridden out the craving and I'm sure it'll all feel more manageable in the morning. Hope you're all doing well. Goodnight from Aus. Stay strong everyone.
Sorry to hear Time. Stay strong for you and Duke.. I hope all works out
Old 06-05-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Welcome STH and Fight!
Red-Lacroix is a sparkling water that comes in a lot of different flavors and is divine for all the flavor options. In cans too!
Hez- anxiety was big for me on day 2-3 after my binge. Also felt a bit grimy. Day 5 is always my turning point day seems like.
Day 9 here. About to get ready for this first day at the job. I know God has my back. Whether this is the job for me we'll see...but it's money for now which is much needed haha.
Have a great Monday all!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Day 5 here. Made it through watering and BBQ, major temptation but did it.

Worth it - slept over 4 hours for a change and feel clear for a tough work week.

Good sober week to all of you!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good luck with the new job CnGY. I am on day 9 as well. Last night was rough as my now soon to be ex wife decided to call right after I settled in for bed. She finally verbalized that she is done and we will be getting divorced. It hurts hard especially while I am trying to stay sober but it's my lot in life. I was able to sleep and pray this morning and I am grateful. Stay strong peeps. We can do this and we deserve this. Use all your support channels. Keep on keepin' on.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Good morning all, welcome to the new folks! So glad you're here!

Time, I'm SO sorry to hear about your pup. But at least he will be okay. Stay strong, I know these times are super tough. You're doing very well! Proud of you!

CnGy, good luck at the job today, I know you'll do well!! Let us know how it goes!

Hang in there Hez, anxiety bothers me also. No fun at all! I'm trying to stay away from caffiene and drinking a lot of water and eating healthy, hopefully that helps.

I'm so sorry Trapeze, it's so hard to deal with this when you're trying to remain sober. If you do want to reconcile, this could be a real turning point and she can see that you are serious about sobriety. Stay strong, I feel for you. Prayers for you!

Blond, good job on getting thru the bbq. That's a temptation for sure. Isn't it a great feeling waking up the next morning, you're always so glad you didn't drink! It's never "man I wish I had drank last night!"

I am on day 6 and I'm SO glad I didn't drink last night. I've got a very busy and somewhat stressful day at work but I will get through this!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:50 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Red78 View Post
Welcome to all the new guys, great to see ya all here..
End of day 2, midnight on Monday night here in Nz, had a productive day studying with a fresh mind.. Even didn't think about a glass a wine when it came to cooking tea for the family, which is my worst time for craving it..
Hi Red! Cooking is a craving for me too, I used to LOVE opening my wine or my minis and drinking while I cooked. I avoided cooking last night when I was alone because it would have been so tempting, better to just avoid. Very good on you that you didn't think about it. I'm cooking this next weekend (won't cook much during the week due to my work schedule) and it will be another "test".
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
TGood job staying strong in your time alone Kat. I love the brown sugar piece sees has. Omg. So good. I used to drink sooo much diet soda before I found LaCroix. I'd say I drink 90% less now .

Yum, brown sugar pieces, not sure if I've ever had those? I always go for the nuts and chews box. It's always been a special occasion thing for me, right now is definitely a special occasion
Old 06-05-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Won't say which day (rhymes with "ton).

Learned a lot about my triggers over the past few weeks. Feeling much better today after drinking less yesterday than I had been.

Fully committed now.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Thanks Kats, I appreciate the thoughts. What got me was she accused me of drinking over the phone when I was really half asleep. I've been trying to reconcile for 7 months and she has been very unreceptive. I'm done fighting because I fought for a long time. I want a life that makes me happy, joyous, and free.

Welcome to the new folks. Stay close, stay strong, stay sober. Right on!
Old 06-05-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Yes - exactly. I am not dealing with a personal relationship crashing, but some business things going wrong.

It is helping that I don't have any nagging "am I acting strange because of the hangover?"

It just makes you very solid - to the gentleman whose wife has just concluded that "it is over" - the BEST thing you can do is be solid and
be there for her. Maybe it is her. And if you do that all the other people around her will flake and you will be the last one standing.
Been there and seen it happen!
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Blond, good job on getting thru the bbq. That's a temptation for sure. Isn't it a great feeling waking up the next morning, you're always so glad you didn't drink! It's never "man I wish I had drank last night!"

I am on day 6 and I'm SO glad I didn't drink last night. I've got a very busy and somewhat stressful day at work but I will get through this!
Old 06-05-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Awesome! This is a small but committed and supportive group.
Congrats on Day 1!! Let us know about the pain and someone
will jump in with some fun easy tips!

Originally Posted by columbus View Post
I'm in.

Won't say which day (rhymes with "ton).

Learned a lot about my triggers over the past few weeks. Feeling much better today after drinking less yesterday than I had been.

Fully committed now.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Yum, brown sugar pieces, not sure if I've ever had those? I always go for the nuts and chews box. It's always been a special occasion thing for me, right now is definitely a special occasion
Just looked it up.. It's called the Butterscotch Square.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

First day went easily. Was only an orientation and a few hours. Tomorrow begins the training and full days. Seems like some nice people there though. We'll see how the job is though in the next few weeks. Just happy to have one.

Welcome Columbus!

Trapeze u have the right frame of your mind. You have to do this for yourself before anyone else.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Time for quick check in..got home late from work and my sons birthday. Meeting family out for dinner. Sooooo tempted to stop for drink and guzzle before dinner but I didn't. Came home and folded laundry. Better choice!!!

Cutengayguy...glad your day went well.

Welcome to everyone new..

Enjoy the evening xo
Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Day 2 here

Managed 10 weeks last year then decided to try moderate drinking again...
You can guess what happened next!
Determined never to drink again this time.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Day 0 is over, & day 1 is underway for me. Freshly shaved & showered, & the apartment is getting cleaned. Woop woop. Enjoy your evening/day folks.