Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-04-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Day 8. Picked up some orange Lacroix today will let u know how it is. :P

So proud of us all this weekend. We're fighters and we can't let guilt bring us back to the bottle. We are all worthy of another chance and are here for a purpose. Remember that.

Super nervous about tomorrow. I'm wondering if I'm gonna be way Older than everyone else in the training as this is similar to a job I had when much younger. (Thanks god I still look younger than I am) I really tend to overthink things. I'm going to be positive and energetic . Even if I don't sleep Haha. I maybe o.der but I got more experience so I'll move up quicker if I put in the effort.

I hope we al have a great Sober Sunday evening.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Blond, I agree, there is a sense of grief! I hadn't articulated or recognized that, but you're right! It made me smile to see that your kids were proud of you though. What a great feeling!

Hoops, I hear you...hubby away and why can't we just indulge? We know why....let's help each other!

Trapeze, great job on the 5th step!!

Cute, you'll do fine tomorrow - first day on a new job is always nerve wracking. Be sure and check in with us! We're all rooting for you!
Old 06-04-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Sunday night is here. Not my favourite night of the week I have to say.

I came across this video today. It's weird - Teals videos have really helped me in the past but I've not watched anything for ages. Today I happened to look what her weekly video was and it was about relapse. It was like it was just for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB8L9ZVFZj4

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Ok sing me up.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hey guys...about meetings- of any sort...
I would have crawled over broken glass to get my alcohol. I made a complete dick of myself at times- but was convinced no one saw that...HA! So why the big deal about meetings? For me when I went years ago- it was shame. But now I would crawl over broken glass to remain sober...because I KNOW how VERY,VERY bad it can get. Give it a go, peoples. Just go- you do not have to share...or write your name in the book (they call names to invite people to share), if invited to share, just say you will share by listening. You do not have to justify yourself, or explain yourself. If you want to go and are a bit freaked- some find going a bit earlier and approaching someone there and saying just that helps. People with booze problems are not freaks- neither are you. W/Churchill was an alcie. Look what he did. SMART meetings- although with a different focus are good too. Are you willing to put the same effort into not drinking as you did into drinking- without doing the 'I tried that, but it was not for me' bit?
Well (with apols to nursery rhymes) get in line Cinderella, alcoholism is not for anyone. Any support be it AA or a counsellor or a doctor- are not social club invitations- whatever it takes... If I had spent as much time actually trying what obviously worked for others- instead of proving I could do it MY way (which worked out really not well)- I would have been sober years ago. Nothing to lose- everything to gain.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks Charliesworld, I will check it out! I know what you mean about Sunday night. For me, I am not looking forward to another work week. But I am telling myself, hey, it's day 5, and you will not be hungover tomorrow morning.

Welcome Badger! Stick close by and post often, we're in this together! I just started posting myself and I can already tell it's helping so much. The support you receive here is invaluable.
Old 06-04-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Phoenix,
thank you for that! I still haven't made it to a meeting but I have the schedule on my laptop here and I keep saying this week I'll go...It's been a big step for me to join a class, but I'm so glad I did as it's helping me stay accountable and sober and I know a meeting could help as well. I love the same effort into sobriety that was put into drinking. Really makes me think!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in on my day 8. Good luck with the job training cutengay! I agree with Kats, let us know how it goes. Thanks for the advice on meetings PJ. Have a lovely, sober Monday everyone!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I'm into the class starting 5 June 2017.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

All the best Eshgham!
Old 06-04-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Late night for me as I'm watching the wrestling, but it is after midnight, which means I am into Day 17.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Welcome Eshgham!

Hi to Time2shine and Tynesider!

Wow, Tyne, 17 days, that is great! Congrats!

I am day 5. I am doing pretty good on my first night alone (prime drinking time) and haven't done the usual routine. Though I was tempted as the thought occurred to me yesterday, "okay cool Sunday night I'll be alone in the house; I can drink without anyone around" I guess it just shows how much drinking alone is a habit I have that I don't even think twice about. Except this time I did!

I've armed myself with a movie I loved growing up on the tv, and several good books on my kindle. I just had one of my most favorite snacks for dinner, sourdough toast and crunchy peanut butter, and I'm going to have some more of my favorite see's candy. Not the most nutritious dinner, but I didn't want to cook tonight as that would have been another tempting, open up the wine bottle and cook dinner type of thing.

I've been drinking water non stop (need to look into the LaCroix!) I'm trying not to drink too much soda as I think the caffiene brings out anxiety I don't need.

I'll check in again before going to bed! Happy sober Sunday to us all!
Old 06-04-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Well done on 5 days, Kats!

Not a great start to my week. Took my pup (11 months) to the Vet to get his hips checked out as I've noticed he's quite stiff in the hind legs after exercise, as well as other symptoms. Was hoping it was me being over anxious, but the Vet too was concerned so they're keeping him for the day to X-ray it under an anaesthetic.... hoping it's nothing too serious, but we're going to be $400 out of pocket just for the check up.

I WILL NOT let this break me. Posting here to ride out the craving...
Old 06-04-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi Kats and Time2shine.

Congrats on the 5 days Kats. Doesn't matter how far along the road you are, we're all on the same journey.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Time2Shine, I hope it's nothing serious either! I'm so glad you posted here too, that kind of thing would be a big trigger/craving inducer for me too. Stay strong, and good thoughts and prayers to your little pup's well being.

Tyne, so true, I love that. It is a journey and I'm so glad I'm not alone.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thank u so much Kat and Time. I will def check in before I leave and when I get back. Good job staying strong in your time alone Kat. I love the brown sugar piece sees has. Omg. So good. I used to drink sooo much diet soda before I found LaCroix. I'd say I drink 90% less now .
I hope your Pup turns out ok and it's very minor Time.
Hoping I get some sleep tonight. Pretty sure I'll be lucky to get a few hours the way my patterns been.

Welcome Esh and Badger. !!!
Old 06-05-2017, 12:17 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome eshgham

best wishes CAGY - and best wishes to you and your pup time2shineagain

D
Old 06-05-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Just dropping in to say "hi."
CnGY, great to see you here, glad you're still in the fight. It's really worth it.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Unfortunately found out Duke (our puppy) has a very bad case of hip dysplasia. In both hips. No more trips to the dog park and limited exercise. Many many more vet appointments and options to review. Spent over $700 today at the vet, which we can't really afford...but had to be done. Major trigger for me to drink, but I've ridden out the craving and I'm sure it'll all feel more manageable in the morning. Hope you're all doing well. Goodnight from Aus. Stay strong everyone.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Starting a new life

This is my day 01!
I know that I can do this.