Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-08-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Day 5 down! Tomorrow will be the hardest day as it's Friday and a big drive for me to drink as its the end of the week and I haven't done a Friday sober in like forever...

I love reading everyone's posts, sosoand much inspiration and support to stay on this ride.. will hhopefully be more interactive from next week as studying hard out this week, kinda good that I stopped drinking this week as it's been hectic..
Night peeps..
Old 06-08-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Smile

Day 4! successfully completed!
Slowly , I am getting into the path...
Old 06-08-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gotta start somewhere Hello76

congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is

D
Old 06-08-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Good Morning or Evening to everyone here. NIce little group we've got with lots of good vibes flowing so let's keep that going. Welcome to the new people. Stay close and use all your support channels. When in need of help; ASK FOR IT. I was always so awful at this but now I use SR as well as my sponsor and my home group to keep me in check. As an alcoholic I burned so many bridges but now I again through the grace of God have people in my life that care and I am grateful for each and every one. I killed it at my interview yesterday. I get to chair my noon meeting today and then have baseball tonight with my oldest son. Let's make today great everyone.

Freak
Old 06-08-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Nice job Trapeze. Day 12 today hollllllaaaa! Trainings been good. Lots of information to learn. I can't imagine doing this hungover. LOL. I hope everyone has /had an amazing Thursday. Stay June Strong!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 9! Congrats to all of us for sticking with this!!
We CAN all do this! I'm loving the support we're giving each other. I know it it weren't for SR, I may have just had a drink by now. So happy we haven't!!

Have a great day, will check in later! Stay strong and sober June peeps!!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I got the job!!! Start on Monday. Staying sober, working steps, and being grounded. It works people. Let's keep it up. Stay strong, stay close, and reach out.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:55 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

That is great news Trapeze!!!! What an even more justification to keep on keeping on! Such fantastic news! Woohoo!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

HAHA. Right on! Thanks so much Kats.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hi all! Made it to Day 4! Funny thing is, I'm not having alcohol cravings, but I am still really terrified about my decision and keep wondering if it's the right one. I am just trying to stay focused on today. I woke up feeling great (again!) and I'm not going to drink today. I don't have to worry about forever. If I change my mind, it's really easy to start drinking again. Ha!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Welcome Hello76! I hope you are with us for a while, post as often as you can!
Old 06-08-2017, 09:12 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi Apple! Congrats on day 4! I completely can relate to the fear! I'm so happy to hear you aren't going to drink today. Lean on us when you need to, I know this class is helping me so much to stay focused on my goal. Isn't it wonderful to wake up feeling great! Stay strong!

lovehoops, congrats on your resolve to quit before the summer months come along! I know it's so easy to fall back into that rut, you're on vacation and isolated. Keep posting here! We're all in this together!

Red, I was there last Friday night, my first sober weekend in a long time! It would have been so easy to fall back into that old habit. But I got through it and am so happy I did. You will too, stay close to us and keep your mind on that end goal. I played the tape forward in my mind of what would happen if I did start drinking last weekend. I also kept myself distracted and ate some chocolate. I imagine I'll be doing that this weekend too. Weekends are the toughest for me!
Old 06-08-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Made it to day 6 here. There's been ups and downs, but I'm just focusing on the moment and doing my best. Yesterday was my volunteer day...helping those in need and those with less fortunate life circumstances always feels good. Plus, it's the only chance I get to practice law at the moment as I search endlessly for legal jobs. I think staying sober and being on top of everything will really help me land a job.

Just wanted to check in I guess. I hope everyone is well.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hey Guys, I'm gonna join you this month. There have been so many years of this mess. So many years. I need to get a hold of this (and so many other things too). It's only day 4 now. I'm feeling a bit anxious. I should be doing things today. I have a lot to do. But I'm sitting in my kitchen just trying not to have a glass of wine. Ug
Old 06-08-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi Milly,

Hang in there but don't put too much pressure on yourself. It is OK
to take a break, even a long one. And congratulate yourself on
taking the break and not the wine.

Day 8 for me and it is getting better fast, same will be for you!
Old 06-08-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Hi Milly,

Hang in there but don't put too much pressure on yourself. It is OK
to take a break, even a long one. And congratulate yourself on
taking the break and not the wine.
Completely agree with this. Some days I have to just sit there and not do anything for a half hour or so at a time. As long as you don't take another drink you're doing great. Give yourself credit for the good things you do do, too. No guilt in taking a break every once in a while.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Thanks Blondsober and Tamra. I really needed to hear that. To be honest, it has not just been an hour or so of inaction . . . it's been hours and hours, days and more. I know once I get myself going, I'll get more accomplished than I think is even possible from where I sit now.

But I also know that after years of this mess, I'm getting further and further behind in general.

It all just seems so daunting to me.

Thanks again. I just need to hold on until the end of day 4, right. That's all I need to accomplish today, right?
Old 06-08-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Yes, just until the end of the day! Just do little tiny things
if you do anything at all. It's an accomplishment to get to
tomorrow morning feeling even 10% better without the drink.
Nobody is judging you here.

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Thanks Blondsober and Tamra. I really needed to hear that. To be honest, it has not just been an hour or so of inaction . . . it's been hours and hours, days and more. I know once I get myself going, I'll get more accomplished than I think is even possible from where I sit now.

But I also know that after years of this mess, I'm getting further and further behind in general.

It all just seems so daunting to me.

Thanks again. I just need to hold on until the end of day 4, right. That's all I need to accomplish today, right?
Old 06-08-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Trapeze Freak and Milly

D
Old 06-08-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Morning all, I've just woken up. It was the first full and normal sleep I've had in what seems like a long time. Feels so good!

Day 4. Take it easy guys, while also staying vigilant!