Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-25-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Nitey night Sam. It's about TV time for me too. An "Everybody Loves Raymond" night. So nitey night to everybody.

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good night everyone!

Thanks for keeping me sober today, too.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

im here and sober, not smoking mj is making me irritable and making av surface. Last time I tried quitting that that's all I could think about doing. Now it's been 2 days and I have just so busy I haven't had time to think about it. It's horrible that I think to myself your not smoking nowbwhag are you going to do. But that was av wanting me to not smoke and substitute it with drinking. This is so dumb what a dumb thing to think about when I'm so happy about not drinking and don't even have the desire ugh go away av we broke up months ago quit calling to try and get me back.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Home. Should run. Keets- you can do this. You're not alone.

CH- way to get through the crappy day. Work sucks. I wish one of you would win the lottery and we could all just live together at a sober compound in the woods.

Well done today, Samantha.

BBG- there are a lot of different brain supplements out there these days. They're pretty popular right now. Let us know how yours works. I'm with you though, I hate the brain fog.

Well, my people, I'm signing off- have a great day or sleep. Love you all!
Old 04-25-2017, 08:41 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Showered and in bed winding down. Not looking forward to tomorrow. Either all will be fine, or I will get crabbed at. Don't know which. All I know is, I did the best I could today. Accepting that is what probably kept me from spinning out about it. Being sober definitely made it easier too. Thanks for being here tonight. AV tried to intervene, but I wasn't in the mood to even pay attention to it...
Old 04-25-2017, 09:07 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Bobbieka - " I wish one of you would win the lottery and we could all just live together at a sober compound in the woods. " -
Brilliant!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Re-Member

So I just made a decision I'm sure I'll come to regret in the near future--got off work and I was starving so I spent $9 on food from McDonald's. Do you know how much darn food you can buy for $9 at McD's? But as unhealthy as it is, it's what I'm in the mood for. Wish me luck.

Thanks for keeping me sober today. Night!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Busy busy day here, tomorrow is going to be worse. Good night guys!!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Well- un- not married anymore day. Kept busy- no sleep until 0400 for a few hours. Meeting tonight. No thoughts of booze, which is so good. Hello to all.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey, PHX. Nice avatar. Sorry about your "un-not married -ness." Hugs, friend.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Sippin' my startin' fluid gettin' ready for the day. Got lotsa' plans. I hope I carry them all out! LOL.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Morning all!!

PJ - sorry to hear about the day. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Hugs. (P.S. Love the new avatar)

Casey - sounds like McDonald's there is a lot cheaper than here. $9 would probably only buy you one combo of some sort. Hope you enjoyed it.

CH - hope today's better for you. Doing the best you can is all that can be expected but I know that we often expect so much more from ourselves. Be good to you today.

Keets - how did the interview go?

Bobbie - I also think the sober compound in the woods is a brilliant idea!! Maybe a log cabin on a lake....

Morning BBG!!! What's on the agenda for today?

My face is pretty tender today and a little bruised....glad I took the extra day off work. No real plans except to get back to some healthy eating....been off track for too long.

Well off to find some startin' fluid!!
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Also it is going to be 23 degrees Celsius here today....and for those of you wondering that's 73 degrees American
Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Been to a meeting 2nite. Near the family yhome- so memories flood.sigh.
Thewas a born again young male AA'er there- respect to them. A little clueless. He had a college test today. The examiner left the room so he cheated on 1 question. He then felt so bed- he raced home, adjusted his steps list for moral inventory, resentments, who to speak to and amends. The found out the teacher's email- and admitted to it- saying he HAD to apologise about cheating on that 1 question and to please mark him as a '0' for that one. Then he felt better. That life is a journey and sharing his dishonesty had released him from guilt.

My take? As an academic- if one of my students admitted cheating on 1 or all of the exam, they fail, then there would be ramifications. Simple as that. Like stealing from work. I think he is in for a very nasty surprise. No judgements- but a little naïve to think admission of guilt gives a reward. He is 12 months sober and has at least 2 sponsees- and is doing step 4. No judgements.
Interesting- he also said he has not told his sponsor.

Me- I just feel crap. No thoughts of booze. Sometimes all the rituals of building an enriching life just seem hollow and give little comfort. Just raw emotion I guess. (another sigh).
Old 04-26-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Re-Member

McDonald's went down surprisingly easy and with no consequences so far. Unless I can blame my very vivid dreams last night on Ronald and friends.

Off work today. Going back to the book sale in an hour. Only one day left of the sale after this. My overburdened bookshelves will be happy about that. Rest of the day is going to be a lazy one involving a steady rotation of television, naps, Zelda, and reading.

We should hit part 47 sometime today. March 13 and their 50 parts is firmly in our sights at this point. It's only a matter of time and a few extra chatterboxy days. When is National Chatterbox on a Sobriety Forum Day, Bobbie?

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day!
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
When is National Chatterbox on a Sobriety Forum Day, Bobbie?
Not sure. they're not really fast at implementing the new days. I sent in an application for March 22 to be dubbed National Awesome Day and they haven't responded yet. (my birthday of course) I'll see what I can do about that one though.

Today is

National Pretzel Day
National Kids and Pets Day
National Audubon Day
National Help a Horse Day
National Richter Scale Day
National Administrative Professionals Day
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Oh, and I have to go pay my car insurance today. I'm not complaining about that. It's nice to have that burden again.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Help a Horse do what?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Help a horse day?!? Well I am going to do my best to find a horse in need!
Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And there could still be a connection at some point today between my massive overeating of McDonald's after midnight and this being National Richter Scale Day. Stay tuned.