Notices

Class of March 2016 part 46

Old 04-25-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

I don't believe that A.A. works because I read it in a book or because I hear people say so. I believe it because I see people getting sober and staying sober. An actual demonstration is what convinces me. When I see the change in people, I can't help believing that A.A. works. We could listen to talk about A.A. all day and still not believe it, but when we see it work, we have to believe it. Seeing is believing. Do I see A.A. work every day?

Meditation for the Day

Try saying: "God bless her (or him)" of anyone who is in disharmony with you. Also say it of those who are in trouble through their own fault. Say it, willing that showers of blessings may fall upon them. Let God do the blessing. Leave to God the necessary correcting or disciplining. You should only desire blessing for them. Leave God's work to God. Occupy yourself with the task that He gives you to do. God's blessing will also break down all your own difficulties and build up all your successes.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may use God's goodness so that it will be a blessing to others. I pray that I may accept God's blessing so that I will have harmony, beauty, joy, and happiness.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

no sleep- tried 2 times. Winter is coming. V ery strong gusts - lots of rain. Being in a small unit (3 story) place surrounded by big things in the city- the wind has a personality complex- lots of weird noises- but I like that. Very noisy. BUT as soon as it started- the sounds reminded me- (I felt those ame crap feelimgs of hopelessness) of a year ago living in a bug ridden ******** in a mould infested room with a seriously leaking ceiling. Here I know I am okay.
AND on top of all the wind, bangs, weird whistles and shrieks- Knog still affirms her territory- this time with groans and what I think is Herman Munster shoes.

KNOG IT IS!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
have you played the windwaker? My fav one played twilight princess and got stuck years ago my 9 year d beat it lol. I must suck haha
Nope. I haven't played anything Nintendo past the 64 until now. I want to play both of those games, hoping they get ported over to the new system but if they don't I've been eying some old systems that I might buy eventually.

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

Casey - have a great and productive day! Passing on your infinite wisdom, huh? Cool.
My infinite cynicism is probably more like it.

Time to quit putting off the inevitable. Talk to everyone later!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

I ain't a gonna' hug no plumber!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Nope. I haven't played anything Nintendo past the 64 until now. I want to play both of those games, hoping they get ported over to the new system but if they don't I've been eying some old systems that I might buy eventually.

My infinite cynicism is probably more like it.

Time to quit putting off the inevitable. Talk to everyone later!
We got the Wii U games since the GameCube was old lol. I should sit down sometime and play lll j just downloaded yoshis island and haven't played it(it's been 6 months) d
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post

LB forget about the slip. Take a lesson from dogs. Kick some grass over that s**t and move on!
LOL, BBG ... love it! Thanks for making me laugh
Old 04-25-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I'm still stuck on biting the dentist.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Well I made it and I didn't bite the dentist...lol. Face is still pretty frozen and I have strict instructions to take it easy for the rest of the day so I am currently looking for something to watch on Netflix. Going to just snuggle with Charlie, eat some soup and maybe have some ice cream.....hey that's the doctors orders - can't ignore that. Lol
Old 04-25-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Not even a nibble Sam? Shucks 'n be darned!
Old 04-25-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Glad you are home and resting, Sam. Enjoy the ice cream!

Did some grocery shopping earlier and now just taking it easy with my littlest. She seems to be starting with the cold I had last week. Boo.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Have a good day, all you kind and awesome people!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Have a good day, all you kind and awesome people!
You too, Caramel!
Old 04-25-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Old 04-25-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

I'm continuing my research on PAWS. Especially brain fog!

Has anybody ever heard of Citicoline? It's an over the counter supplement which supposedly affects memory and other brain activity positively. (Brain Fog!)

I ordered a bottle from Amazon and I'm gonna' give it a try. With 349 reviews on Amazon it scored a 4.3 out of 5.

I'm hatin' my brain fog so much I thought it was worth a try!

Hmmm. I hope I'm not breaking any rules. I'm not making a medical recommendation. Just wonderin' if anybody else has heard of this?
Old 04-25-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Really, really crap day. But I'm not going to drink. Everything would be 100xs worse that way. Just going to make it through the rest of the day and go to bed.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:53 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

clearlyheaded - sorry the day isn't so great. Box on, have an early night, have a better day tomorrow xx
Old 04-25-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

CH people who don't drink have good days and bad days! That's the way life goes. Hang in there and don't drink. Alcohol does not improve anything!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

I haven't heard of Citicoline, BBG. I hope it's helpful for you. I know all about being in a brain fog!

CH I hope your day got better. Sounds like a good night for cozy jammies, comfort food and stupid movies!

Sam I'm glad you got through your appointment....I need my own Charlie to snuggle with!

Hugs everyone ~ Thanks to you all for being here
Old 04-25-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Thanks friends. I feel better now that I'm out of work. Sipping a cran-raspberry seltzer water. Such a frustrating day of an impossible deadline.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Checking in.

BBG - I'm curious to know how your experiment goes. Make sure you let us know!

CH - great job making it through the day. I hear you on impossible deadlines. Sometimes on really bad days my mantra is "this is my job not my life"

Hi Caramel and Purplrks!!

Well I have eaten what feels like pounds of ice cream. Lol. Hoping for a good sleep but the side of my face is pretty tender. Might just resort to one of the pain pills the dentist gave me.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite ❤️❤️