View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Been to a meeting 2nite. Near the family yhome- so memories flood.sigh.
Thewas a born again young male AA'er there- respect to them. A little clueless. He had a college test today. The examiner left the room so he cheated on 1 question. He then felt so bed- he raced home, adjusted his steps list for moral inventory, resentments, who to speak to and amends. The found out the teacher's email- and admitted to it- saying he HAD to apologise about cheating on that 1 question and to please mark him as a '0' for that one. Then he felt better. That life is a journey and sharing his dishonesty had released him from guilt.

My take? As an academic- if one of my students admitted cheating on 1 or all of the exam, they fail, then there would be ramifications. Simple as that. Like stealing from work. I think he is in for a very nasty surprise. No judgements- but a little naïve to think admission of guilt gives a reward. He is 12 months sober and has at least 2 sponsees- and is doing step 4. No judgements.
Interesting- he also said he has not told his sponsor.

Me- I just feel crap. No thoughts of booze. Sometimes all the rituals of building an enriching life just seem hollow and give little comfort. Just raw emotion I guess. (another sigh).