Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-05-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Día diecinueve - I finally got a good night sleep last night and feel invigorated. I'm out bike riding now and taking a break by a stream. Three weeks ago I'd probably be sitting home with a drink and a bag of chips.

I hope everybody is doing well on this hump day
Old 04-05-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm still here ! and on day 3 (easily). Sadly this sociopath I became involved with six years ago (and in the midst of extremely heavy drinking) keeps trying to stay in contact. I'm much stronger now. He is/was probably a symptom of my alcoholism or vice versa. I won't say too much as I'm not feeling very safe.
BeBrave, thank you for encouragement xx ..You are all beautiful
Old 04-05-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

oops day 2.. can't count lol :s. Yes I drank a bottle of wine at the mere thought of him coming near me. Gave myself a banging headache. Severing ties will not be hard. There are no children involved.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 11. Looking forward to the Masters golf tournament this weekend. Onward we go Marchers.....
Old 04-05-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
The initial feeling of happiness and well being after first getting sober. I think for some people it's temporary, but for me it's continued to last.
A pink cloud for life............that would be nice OOTT.

I guess I need to find out.

Jimmy
Old 04-05-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'll settle for a slightly blushing cloud. Maybe a salmon cloud?
Old 04-05-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

AV tonight but I got through it. I stopped at a market on the way home from work, one where I used to buy wine. I just bought my pasta sauce but I was hyperventilating a bit.

Today was day 25, I think I said 26 earlier.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

JCNY-- glad you slept well-- that sure makes a big difference.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I'll settle for a slightly blushing cloud. Maybe a salmon cloud?
You got that right CaseyW.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bebrave View Post
AV tonight but I got through it. I stopped at a market on the way home from work, one where I used to buy wine. I just bought my pasta sauce but I was hyperventilating a bit.

Today was day 25, I think I said 26 earlier.
Yes. 25 for you is 24 for me. I've been having trouble the last few days, like you I have a lot of triggers. The fact that I feel good and the weather is getting nicer is helping and making it harder at the same time. A hectic work schedule is helping but I'm starting to dread weekends. I'm wondering when I'll get over there hump.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Kahlia
Do you have any support with your eating issues?

D
Thanks dee. I got yelled at this morning cause I wouldn't eat cereal haha but its only cause he cares. Next month I'm a year bulimic free so it's cbt training that's my support. I did do a recovery support in 2012-13 but that was helpful enough. Not much but willpower now
Old 04-05-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Great to catch up on everyone's posts.

Things have been particularly difficult the past two days. I feel like I'm a wound-up spring that just keeps getting wound up tighter. Because of my chronic pain issues, I can't exercise or even take a walk to get rid of the tension. Being mostly housebound means I'm in my head a lot, which at times is not the friendliest place on the planet.

However, in about a week, I am traveling to a five-day intensive mindful meditation seminar specifically geared to folks with chronic pain. Am hoping the seminar will jump start a meditation practice. I've tried unsuccessfully several times before but have never gotten past doing it a few times. And I'm making an appointment with (yet another) neurologist who offers a different treatment regimen than the others I've seen. So all-in-all I'm in a hopeful place.

And...I finally reached double digits (10!) Woo hoo!

Nighty-nite all (or some) and good morning or afternoon to others...
Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Late night check-in. Day 7 for probably the 20th time. My vacation is ending then comes several triggers this weekend including filing my income taxes, stress with the wife, etc. "Drinking isn't an option because I don't drink anymore." -someone on the forum said this and I've been repeating it to myself pretty regularly. Fortunately I've poured out all the vodka in my house so that should buy me some time if things go south...
Old 04-06-2017, 12:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can make sure things don't go south Frank - if nothing else log on here for 10-15 minutes for some recovery rejuvenation.

You have the power

D
Old 04-06-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 26.

Argi, I hope these new things help you. Keep us informed. But whatever you face is better sober!

Rmeatgt350 -- work is stressful for me too, but hasn't it been better sober? Hang in there. I'm looking forward to finally having better weather, but that does come with triggers. We'll get through it.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 26 for me. Lots of weird stuff going on.
My paternal grandmother died last night. I don't feel anything because I didn't know her. So that is and of itself brings up abandonment issues I've always had with dad and his side of family. But I'm totally fine, (I think)

Other strange drama going on in other areas... (not my side of the street).

Going to see my sister in prison. I don't want to go to that negative environment and only going out of guilt because she doesn't have anyone else.

So just feeling weird. Not wanting to drink but definitely feeling a certain way.

Good news is I'm not really sick anymore (thank Gawd). And we are taking my teen son and his friend to the beach tomorrow for spring break (a fishing trip). I'll have lots of alone time to read various sobriety books and work on my plan.

Hope you are all well. It is stormy here in North Carolina. I love storms.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 17 for me. It's been going pretty ok so far. Have some work stresses but I've been choosing other ways to deal with those other than drinking. It actually amazes me when I realize that I can and do choose a different path to deal with stress, anxiety, depression, anger, fatigue, etc, that doesn't involve booze. I almost can't believe sometimes how long I was numbing EVERYTHING with alcohol. I'm privileged to be where I am now and to be here on SR.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Great post Lava, so true!

Sunshine, I'm sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sunsh- by my own experiences and from a career in health, I have often felt 'numb' which translated to weird. Grief effects in many different ways. I used to think I had no right to feel 'weird' or anything at all if a death did not directly effect me. At the end of the day it is difficult to in feel or unthink something. Such as reminders of past events, triggers etc. I just go with the feelings and thoughts and when feeling calmer- the process them (or try to) by writing, walking- whatever. Support to you.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 7 starting here.

Didn't sleep super great last night so trying to make myself get motivated this morning is a little tougher. Coffee should help.

Hang in there everyone. Remember a drink is part of the problem, not the solution.