SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/407280-class-march-2017-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

Dee74 04-03-2017 04:41 AM

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-two-20.html

D

CaseyW 04-03-2017 06:49 AM

Shotgun!

Day 4. Rhymes with one more. Which is what I'm aiming for.

Work this morning. AA meeting at 6:30 this evening. That's about it for the day. Eating some bacon and eggs right now.

Congrats on starting week 2 today, argillaceous. 14 pounds lost is awesome.

Glad you're feeling better, Caramel.

Congrats on 16 days, SandyO. Hope work went well.

Finishing up one week today, lovehoops!

There's nothing wrong with thinking ahead, JCNY. I think what we have to watch is managing our expectations so that if things turn out differently than we planned we don't use that as yet another excuse to drink.

17 days, immri! So happy for you.

Congrats on starting week two, JimmyJam. Thanks for the kind words.

So glad you chose the water, letitgo. Keep doing the next right thing.

Enjoy your vacation, Frank14. Glad you've got the chance to show your daughter the benefits of sobriety.

30 days is amazing, Lazychemist! Thank you for sharing this milestone with us.

Thanks for the new digs, Dee74.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Monday or Thursday or whatever it is in Australia. Don't take that first drink and you don't have to worry about the second or third or tenth one.

lookinforward 04-03-2017 07:01 AM

Great sober weekend....I walked through the woods ALOT...it does help you clear your mind...Keep on keepin on
D

Bebrave 04-03-2017 09:02 AM

Day 23 -- I'll check in again later. Have a good sober day everyone!

Outonthetiles 04-03-2017 10:35 AM

JCNY, (and all the rest of you Marchers, too) I'm sooooo happy to see how great you're doing. Everything gets better after a couple sober weeks... work, family life, finances, mental health, moodiness, and probably most importantly, health and weight. I'm exactly where you are now... you start looking around and going, hey I want to go back to the gym...I want to work on losing some weight. . . it's remarkable how badly poisoned we were by dumping alcohol into our bodies every 12 hours or so. I firmly believe that we were voluntarily poisoning ourselves.

JimiC 04-03-2017 12:47 PM

Tiles, thanks again for how supportive you've been to myself and so many others on SR. I find it very uplifting!

CaseyW 04-03-2017 02:26 PM

Nice shift at work. Everything went well, I made good money, didn't have to stay late.

About to cook some chicken fajitas for dinner and then headed to a 6:30 AA meeting. Not going to go to my normal 8 pm meeting probably as I don't like the format of it on Monday nights. But maybe that means that's exactly where I need to be. We'll see how I feel after meeting #1.

A sober hike in the woods sounds amazing, lookinforward. Unfortunately there are no woods near me. Just some scraggly mesquite trees and lots of tumbleweeds.

23 is one of my favorite numbers, Bebrave. Seriously--it and 9 are my favorite numbers. If I buy a lottery ticket, I always play those two numbers for sure.

I agree with JCNY and want to say I appreciate the wise words as always, Outonthetiles. Hope you are doing well.

How's everyone else doing today?

Bebrave 04-03-2017 03:14 PM

Casey -- chicken fajitas sound good. I made a salmon pasta with asparagus-- easy, just olive oil and garlic. It's a nice way to split a piece of salmon.

I thought I'd feel a bit better physically by this point, but I'm hanging in there. I'm definitely mentally sharper.

argillaceous 04-03-2017 04:26 PM

Hey, could someone just give me a quick, hey don't drink tonight shoutout? Just had several triggers occur at once and am coming here first. Haven't had a strong urge like this in a week.

JimiC 04-03-2017 04:36 PM

Don't drink tonight! You're doing great, do something else instead. Have a soda, eat ice cream, go for a walk...just don't drink. You got this and in the morning you'll be so happy!!!

Dee74 04-03-2017 04:46 PM

don't drink tonight argillaceous - think of how awesome it will be waking up sober tomorrow morning?

if it helps to talk about your triggers here, go for it :)

D

letitgo 04-03-2017 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by argillaceous (Post 6395487)
Hey, could someone just give me a quick, hey don't drink tonight shoutout? Just had several triggers occur at once and am coming here first. Haven't had a strong urge like this in a week.

Feeling the same way this evening.
Checking in day 8 and accountable.

We can do it. Let the urge pass.

peacefulintent 04-03-2017 05:24 PM

Don't drink tonight arg. Tomorrow will come soon enough and you will be so happy when you wake up and know that you did not drink! You can do it!

Hello to everyone. I have not posted for quite a few days. Remodeling my bathroom and it is a lot of work. I removed all of the popcorn from the ceiling today. Yuck! No more popcorn and all cleaned up. Tomorrow a fresh coat of paint.

Hit 4 months this weekend. Yea! It does get easier people. I don't even consider myself a drinker now and have NO desire to go back to that life. Busy, productive and feeling very much at peace with myself.

Keep it going everyone. One of the things I noticed is that I am laughing and smiling so much more. I am happy and I am happy as a non-drinker.

argillaceous 04-03-2017 05:25 PM

Got myself even more entangled in the anger of the moment then stopped and did something along the lines that JCNY suggested. Poured some fizzy water, added some lemon, and went outside and looked up at the sky. It's night here. There is a beautiful harvest moon, surrounded by a rainbow of colors. That made me draw in a huge breath of awe, and upon releasing it, relaxed every muscle in my body.

And now I have a memory of having gotten through a time when I was sure I was going to pick up (and in fact, last Sunday did just that). Phew.

Thanks guys. You were there when I needed you. And letigo, yes, we can do this! We are stronger together.

Dee74 04-03-2017 05:36 PM

great stuff :c014:

D

peacefulintent 04-03-2017 05:40 PM

Arg, always remember that time will pass. When we make the commitment to not pick up a drink we are giving ourselves a very special gift.
There are a million other things we can do instead that will help us get through rough moments, and they are just moments. When we do something that is for US, we will feel the reward of another day where we have taken care of ourselves. In the beginning I headed to a nice, hot, self-indulgent bath, with lemon soda water.
Be good to yourself.

CaseyW 04-03-2017 05:53 PM

Good stuff here. Thanks for being honest and accountable, argillaceous and letitgo. I'm not going to drink tonight either.

JimmyJam 04-03-2017 06:47 PM

Day 9 check-in fellow Marchers. I just read a post where Arg was looking for a little help. Good on ya Arg and those who were able to respond.......
A great class here indeed😊 P.S. Anyway to get rid of that beer in a mug emoticon😳.

Dee74 04-03-2017 07:30 PM

If you feel strongly about it JJ, you can complain to admin :)

D

Misc72 04-03-2017 07:52 PM

Arg I feel for you. Resist the urge!