Notices

Class of March 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 04-03-2017, 09:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Found my group! I'm 5 days sober -- first time I've stopped in my 10 years of daily drinking.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well done agri and letitgo for posting on here first. We are all in this together and here to support each other. I bet you are feeling 100 times better than if you had picked up a drink. Way to go.
Welcome to the newcomers. This your group!
Old 04-04-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 31, 1 calendar month and I'm indulging in a quiet little happy dance over here in NZ.
I think the 'one day at a time' phrase is finally growing on me. Honestly a couple weeks back I wanted to bash everyone that said it to me but it really is so true. 7pm or so is my new favourite time of day strangely as I know if I get to that time and I'm still relatively calm then the day is won. That feeling is a good one. I'm learning to rest in that warm glow for the evening and let go of tomorrow until it arrives.

The horrible craziness of the last 6 months or so is fading. I do worry though that if the fear fades too I may start to think that things weren't so bad really.... and maybe I could drink....
Old 04-04-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Very rainy morning here..should be a long commute to work. Ugh....
Welcome ryguy.... This is a great group
Casey...thanks for all of the shout outs..it's so thoughtful of you and glad you're doing well.
Arg.....so glad you posted instead of picking up a drink...awesome choice!!

Feeling blah today and I'm sure the weather doesn't help

I will make the best of it and not drink..have a great day xo
Old 04-04-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow! What a great day of threads! Argi and Letigo-- I'm so proud of you guys! Argi, your description of how you got through is awe inspiring!

Day 25 for me and off to work. I can't believe I'll have 30 days soon. That's probably the longest I've gone since I was pregnant-- 25 and 29 years ago!

What a great group-- have a sober day everyone!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lovehoops-- I hear you on the weather, it is very depressing and blah.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Starting early on day 5 after a long, peaceful night's sleep.

Plan for today is more of the same--work, AA meeting. I started watching Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them last night but fell asleep during the first hour though I was enjoying it. So maybe I'll try and finish it tonight.

Congrats on double digits today, JimmyJam! And personally I'm in favor of getting rid of all emoticons, beer mug or not. But I'm grumpy like that.

How are you doing, sunshine72?

Welcome to the March 17ers, RyGuy83. We've got a good group here and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Have a wonderful, sober day, SandyO!

One month, LazyChemist! That's amazing. While I'm still counting days here as a way to stay accountable to myself and all of you, I'm also trying to firmly live my real life in the "one day at a time" camp. Have to remember this ain't a contest, it's a way of life.

Thanks for the kind words, lovehoops. Sorry you're feeling blah but glad you're not gonna drink. Remember SR is here 24/7 if you need us.

25 is awesome, BeBrave!

How's everyone else doing? Hope you'll check in soon.

I'm not going to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Re-Member

EDIT: Oops, wrong thread.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

day seven 1 week sober
Old 04-04-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Editor

Good day All...still sober but AV is talking to me a lot...must focus on the good things and shut it up. Stay strong.
D
Old 04-04-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on one week, jacktryingagain!

Play that tape thru, lookinforward. One drink leads to two leads to whatever it is that brought you here in the first place. Post once a minute if that's what it takes to keep you away from that first one. Wishing you the best!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Lunch with my son's friends 'mom' today. Getting to know each other since our boys are hanging out more and more. She has already suggested we go out for drinks soon. Specifically for 'drinks'. So I suggested lunch during the work day today because I know that is safe. So she will inevitably ask when can we go for drinks? There is a part of me that would love to do just that with her and have fun that way. BUT... we all know better. So I need to really nip this upfront. I guess I'll just tell her alcohol doesn't agree with me but I would love to be the DD sometime.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Enjoy your lunch, sunshine72. I'd just keep it simple, "No thanks. I don't drink. This lunch is great!" Offering yourself up as the designated driver means you're going to be going to a bar--alcoholics drink in bars and you don't want to do that anymore. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

The dreaded pink cloud today. I guess I will ride the wave knowing it won't last forever. I am glad I had 4 months of sobriety last year. I kinda know what to expect but more importantly what to change plan wise. Hope my fellow marchers are marching along.....

Jimmy
Old 04-04-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Arg, I'm soooo happy about the way you reached out yesterday. This is what I think is so great about SR. It really does work if you use it. The extra reinforcement from people at SR, even if we haven't met, makes all the difference for me. Knowing that there's people I have to answer to and how bad I'll feel if I let myself down and drink.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post
The dreaded pink cloud today. I guess I will ride the wave knowing it won't last forever. I am glad I had 4 months of sobriety last year. I kinda know what to expect but more importantly what to change plan wise. Hope my fellow marchers are marching along.....

Jimmy
I think I still have the pink cloud, a year later. I'm still constantly amazed at how much better my life is being sober.
On a side note, whenever I hear Jimmy Jazz by the Clash, which comes up on my ipod pretty regularly because I think I ripped London Calling three times into my ipod, I always think of Jimmy Jam! Weird, I know.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimmyJam View Post

Jimmy
What is the pink cloud?
Old 04-04-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The initial feeling of happiness and well being after first getting sober. I think for some people it's temporary, but for me it's continued to last.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Lunch with my son's friends 'mom' today. Getting to know each other since our boys are hanging out more and more. She has already suggested we go out for drinks soon. Specifically for 'drinks'. So I suggested lunch during the work day today because I know that is safe. So she will inevitably ask when can we go for drinks? There is a part of me that would love to do just that with her and have fun that way. BUT... we all know better. So I need to really nip this upfront. I guess I'll just tell her alcohol doesn't agree with me but I would love to be the DD sometime.
Had a nice lunch. Drinking never came up. Lunch was a great idea. We both shared our growing pains with this transitional phase of our teenage boys. And our concerns and it was just really nice to get to know her.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
The initial feeling of happiness and well being after first getting sober. I think for some people it's temporary, but for me it's continued to last.
Ahhh that's what that is called. I had the pink cloud for 18 months. Then it turned black. Now it's pink again. I'll need to learn how to deal with the color changes. :-)