Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 04-29-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Lofty. Glad to see you're feeling positive about kicking booze to the curb. Don't let the thought overwhelm you, it really does get easier as time goes on. After awhile, you don't think much about it and passing up a drink is easy. That's not to say I'm always happy about it. Sometimes I wish I were wired differently so that I could partake like everyone else, but I just remind myself that I'm not and I can't. The night passes, the thoughts pass and life goes on. Then you have just as many moments, if not more, that you're thankful you don't drink because of x, y and z. Maybe make a fresh list of ways your life would improve, for you to reference. Honestly, if nothing else, the way you'd feel about YOURSELF would be worth the change. I'm sending you strength. xo

Was away for the weekend for a soccer tournament. It was fun, but cold. We actually got a few inches of SNOW so one of our games was cancelled. Kiddo's team lost in the finals. Waa waaaaa. Nothing else news worth for you fine folks.

Aussie, get a colonoscopy with us! It'll be fuuuuun!!! lol
Old 04-29-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thank you for the very kind words, mirage. They are honest and mean a lot. A list is a good idea. Today is day 2 for me.

I am reminded of a laugh from my former neighbor, a gastroenterologist. He said a wife of one of his patients said to him right before the procedure to “let me know if you find his head up there!” There are more but thats the funniest.

Stay safe and sober, everyone!

Lofty
Old 04-29-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Old 04-30-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Okay, small set back last night but back on Day 1 today. Was watching a show and they were all drinking wine and so was the wife. Poured a glass, took 2 sips, it tasted horrible so I poured the rest in wife’s glass. Still got quality sleep and feel better and stronger today. Ready to be sober.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Aussie, get a colonoscopy with us! It'll be fuuuuun!!! lol
LOL , been there done that. No thanks.
Old 05-04-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

How's it going, Lofty? Next time that happens, instead of trying it and risking it tasting good, go run around the block and then chug a bottle of water. I've had to stop watching MANY a movie or tv show or stop reading a book. Not cuz of drinking, but because of other things that trigger crappy feelings. Now that you know drinking in movies can trigger you to want to drink, avoid them! The beginning months are the hardest, don't put yourself in a position where you might wanna throw in the towel. Hope you're doing well now!

Lol aussie. Party pooper!
Old 05-04-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats great advice mirage

D
Old 05-18-2019, 09:02 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Colonoscopy complete! (Aussie, I'm sorry you didn't want to join in the fun.) Drinking the prep mixture was a breeze. 8 oz every 10-15 minutes till 64 oz are gone. No problem. The problem came 1/2 hour later when I threw it up. I was so pleased with how things were going, too! BUT...it did what it was supposed to do, thank goodness. He did take out 1 polyp so I have to go back in 3 years. Bummer, but it's better news than what the screening was for, am I right? My tummy is still recovering a bit today, but I'm so relieved that's "behind" me. Get it? ~snicker snicker~

I also had a birthday this week. A bit uneventful as the procedure was 2 days later and I didn't want to eat much and I was a bit stressed. It was nice, though.

Hope you're all having a great week. How's your strength, Lofty? Check in!

Love you all! xo
Old 05-18-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mirage!!!

That dreadful prep mixture is hard to swallow , I remember wanting to throw up with every mouthful. Glad your results were good .
oh and the puns

Time to check in Lofty.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy belated birthday Mirage
Hey Aussie

D
Old 05-18-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Dee ,
glad the election is over .
Have a good one.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Struggling Still

Hey All,
just checking in. Really struggling today. Tried journaling; it helped a bit and led to some AA reading. I think I may need to go back to AA or maybe even a program. Struggling in most areas, and just generally unhappy. Either way, determined to make this yet another day 1.

Lofty
Old 06-03-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think AA - or some programme - has to be worth a try Lofty

D
Old 06-11-2019, 12:24 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you're struggling, Lofty. I hope you find a program you like soon. It's so easy to put it off and then talk yourself out of it. Summer's coming, etc. I hope that doesn't happen to you. The sooner we get healthier and break addictions, the better. Hope things are improving.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi mirage and everyone

D
Old 06-12-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Hi Dee! Hope you're enjoying Autumn!

Lofty..have you considered something like an alcohol rehab center? I'm thinking something where you can get support, tools and therapy to try to break the cycle. A mind/body /spirit kind of place, either inpatient or out, but something really structured. Just a thought. xo
Old 06-14-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in

Lofty sorry your struggling and unhappy , I hope you can find the support you need .

It's supposed to be winter here and it's not , this week the day time temps have been average 24 degrees c. very comfortable in deed . I still have cotton sheets on the bed.

Love to all.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend guys

D
Old 07-04-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hi Marchers,
Day 4 today. Announced to my family and close associates that this is DryJuly. I didnt know at the time that it was a real thing in Australia and New Zealand and serves as a fund raising initiative for cancer patients. Although I didnt officially sign up for that, I am with them in spirit and deed. I’ve set a 60 day goal for myself that needs clarity I can only achieve by being sober. And that goal will then be supplanted by my busy season of the year. So, I ultimately will realize the need to he sober for the remaining year. Beyond that, why would I go back to drinking?

Asking for prayers yet again in this effort. Yes, I know I keep coming back to the well, and, well, you folks are my well.

It’s Independence Day in America today, so thought I’d share my own hopes and plans for my personal independence.

I hope you are all doing great today!

Lofty
Old 07-04-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and support Lofty.
You've fought this fight for a long time - it sounds like you're in a place ready for permanent change

My life has changed completely since I stopped drinking...and for the better.

Hope everyone celebrating Independence Day had a good one.

D