SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 26 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/407054-class-march-2011-part-26-a.html)

Dee74 03-29-2017 06:09 PM

Class of March 2011 Part 26

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-25-a-20.html

D

lookinforward 03-31-2017 11:53 AM

Feeling good and busy...Hope everyone is doing well...it is absolutely beautiful here on the coast today...wish I could share it with all of you...going to have to cut out of work early to enjoy it. :)

aussieblue 03-31-2017 01:44 PM

How did you get on in the floods Dee, we didn't have any problems only the roads were cut and wind talk about wind.:dee

Hi Dave good to see your doing well.

Dee74 03-31-2017 04:11 PM

No problems where I live Aussie.

Hope your weather is back to normal today :hug:

D

aussieblue 03-31-2017 04:33 PM

Back to normal and so are my nerves.:23:

My sister is doing alright they now have water but need to boil but is not fit to drink, still no power. Food and other supplies are getting in also , the army is in Airlee to help with the clean up.

PeanutButterCup 04-01-2017 01:22 PM

Hello, Marchers! Welcome to April!

Dave, it's SO NICE to see you posting again! I miss you when you're gone. Stick around and have fun with us!

Aussie, I'm glad your weather is improving, and that your sister made it through the storm.

We're getting ready for a trip down south to watch Dd20's dbf graduate from Air Force Basic Training. I've never been to Texas ... should be fun! And then Dd16 has prom right after we get back, so we've been shopping and preparing for that, too. Girls are expensive! Just sayin'. :) I'm so glad I'm sober to enjoy all these times with them, to be present 100% in every moment. My youngest one went to AA with me today, and later on made a comment that she likes to talk to me about stuff because she thinks I'm "wise". WOW. Who'd expect that from a teenager? Dee, it made me think of the picture you have as your signature now. I'm so grateful for what I've gone through. I am who I am because of it, not in spite of it.

Dee74 04-01-2017 04:01 PM

absolutely PBC :)

D

lookinforward 04-05-2017 08:59 AM

Thank you PBC...It is Great to be back! Feeling good!
Dave

aussieblue 04-06-2017 06:20 PM

Checking in DAY11

PeanutButterCup 04-07-2017 08:29 AM

Happy Friday, everyone! It's sunny and warming up here, and I love it! We actually had a teensy bit of snow yesterday ... it was crazy. But it's supposed to get up to 70 this weekend, so YAY!

Other than that, nothing too exciting today. I just got my nails done, and tonight is date night with the hubby. Enjoy the weekend, Marchers!

LoftyIdeals 04-07-2017 11:19 AM

Hey! Dave's back! And so is Lofty. On Day 13 today. Back in AA actively and working the steps. Wife left me on the exact date we meet 24 yrs later, the day before my birthday. Sordid story, really, and just getting over the shock value now. I still live in the old house until it sells. She bought herself another house. Actually, we picked out the house and about 10 days later she informed me I am not moving there. Ive been back and forth between intense anger and groveling, but for my own good am detaching from it all now and getting on with my life. So, Ive hit my bottom and came damn near suicide a few weeks ago. That's when I realized my insanity. The next day. God is in charge now as its been too much for me to hold and handle. I am posting in March 2017 class but thought I'd pop in and say hi. So, Hi! Good to see familiar faces.

aussieblue 04-07-2017 02:43 PM

((((Lofty)))) so sorry for what your going through. Glad you made your way back here. I think I might join March 17 too , I am on day 12 but I will always be hanging around my old mates here.

Hi PBC!!!!

PeanutButterCup 04-07-2017 04:06 PM

((((((Lofty))))))

I'm so glad you're back on the road to recovery and working the steps again. There is hope! Hugs to you!

aussieblue 04-10-2017 03:26 PM

Hey where is everyone?

DAY 14

mirage 04-10-2017 06:40 PM

Hey all! I was out on vacation with the family and 2 other families. 5 day cruise..got to tour some Mayan ruins, snorkel at reefs and a small shipwreck and kiss a stingray. :) Very cool. Glad to be back, the seas were a bit rough. I think I just stopped rocking tonight and I've been home 2 days.

Oh Lofty...so good to see you again and yet so sorry you're going through so much. Hang in there, keep working the sobriety thing, it'll help you get through it all. I was so sad when I was drinking. It really does a number on your mood. Anyway..you know all that. I'm just sorry things have gotten so rough.

Hey Aussie! Glad to hear you're back on the bus! Sorry those storms won't let up but you got this! They're comin' and doin' regardless of whether you're drinking or not so you may as well not. That body's a temple, ya know. Treat it as such, my friend!

Dave..you guys get big winds last week in the panhandle?

Hi PBC! Hope all is well on the west side!

Hi Babs! :c012:

Sup, Dee? :headbang:

mirage 04-11-2017 11:35 AM

Aw, sorry Pheonix, I left ya out! How are YOU? :)

Dee74 04-11-2017 03:20 PM

All good here thanks Mirage :)

D

mirage 04-13-2017 04:42 AM

Hope my Marchers are doing well. Here's a funny story for ya...

So when we went on vacation, we had my parents come over and feed our fish. I was a little, not "worried"...maybe concerned because we have an alarm system that they have to turn off upon entering and then set before leaving again. (Mind you, I wanted to just leave it off for them but D thought it was important, so we turned it on.) So we're still in Florida, not on the ship yet, and we get a call. It's my parents at my house and the POLICE are there. Lol! I guess they didn't turn it off in time when they walked in and then didn't answer the phone call that the company makes to make sure everything is ok. I felt SO bad for them.

About 4-5 days later, I text them from the ship. Just a "hey, all is well" text and they answer that our fish are DEAD. We had 3 good sized silver dollars. 2 of them we'd had for over 13 years! They say they don't know what happened but the water is very cold. When we got home the filter was off and the heater was dead so I'm guessing it was a power surge or outage that knocked them out. Can you believe it? The police came and then they killed our fish. LOL. Of course they didn't, but that's how the story is best told. I texted from the ship, "boy you're having a lot of fun this week, eh?" Ugh. And ugh for our fish! Very sad. The algae eater made it and so did one tiny neon tetra. I, of course, immediately got the filter running and took some water out and replaced it with warm water until I could get to the store to replace the heater. Today, I'm gonna vacuum the gravel and take a water sample in to get my levels read. I know the PH runs high so I'll see what I can do before I try to introduce new fish. It's so sad and empty, I miss our big silver dollars!

Hope you all have a great day. Any Easter plans?

PhoenixJ 04-13-2017 06:16 AM

Mirage- I felt left out just after you apologised for leaving me out. Out of the group I accidently thought was the March 16 one because I do not have enough time to read as I am just so important to something. I was only out by 5 years. I like reading and mostly ghosting. I learn from youse guys, gee (shucks) youse are, are all so swell!

mirage 04-13-2017 01:06 PM

Lol I kinda figured that PJ, but once you pop in, you're OURS. :Val007: :run