Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 04-12-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

still humid up here Aussie

D
Old 04-14-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're well, aussie! We're having quite the weather event in my state today. The bottom half of the state (where I am) is rain, the middle portion is ice, and the top part is snow! They've had 10 inches up there already. It's supposed to rain ALL weekend. Freezing rain tonight which isn't good cuz we have a wedding to go to. I'm hoping the roads are ok for us. My 16 year old is bundled up and working outside in it all day today. It's pretty ugly.

Have a great weekend, Marchers! xx
Old 04-14-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
orangutan

Stay safe Mirage. Enjoy the wedding .
Old 04-14-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the weekend guys

D
Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Thanks, Aussie, we made it safe and sound. We got lucky that there was a break in the weather. Today, it's been freezing rain all day. Everything's covered in ice. Luckily it's Sunday and we have no plans. Just staying in by the fire and watching the new Lost in Space on Netflick with a brisket in the crock pot.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Ha, I just saw that I wrote "Netflick" by mistake. I should coin that.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in, things have gotten worse with the on going health issues in my family , dad rang the other night thinking mum was having a heart attack , we got there quick smart and had an ambulance on the way , it's an hour for an ambulance to arrive and an hours drive to hospital , we have first response with SES ( state emergency service) here in my town and they arrived within 10 mins. and had her stable before the ambulance arrived . It turned out to be a bad angina attack , thankfully but I have never been so scared in my life. I don't know how much more stress I can take .
Old 04-20-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you were able to be there Aussie and that your mum is OK.

Don;t sell yourself short - it is a worry when the folks get older but I think you're more capable than you give yourself credit for.

D
Old 04-23-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Oh Aussie, how scary! I'm so sorry but I'm glad everything is ok. It's so scary as our parents age, isn't it? When I miss a call from them or something, my mind always goes to the worst. Like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. (I have an issue with this feeling/paranoia anyway, since that stuff with my husband years ago. I've been waiting for the worst ever since. Probably something for a therapist, but I haven't gone.) Anyway...I'm glad she's ok. We have to just take stress like that as it comes. You can handle it, it just sucks. We're here for you! Hope you're doing well, otherwise.

We spent a fun weekend out of state. Dropped my oldest off at a WW1 re-enactment site and then went on to do some fun things. It was a really fun weekend and it was nice to get away. Going away again this weekend for my youngest's soccer tournament. Glad it's Spring!

We've been low on Marchers as of late. Lofty, you out there? I see PBC & Frances (and Lofty sometimes, too) on facebook, looks like they're doing well. I have Dave on facebook, too, but he doesn't really post. If you're there, Dave, check in with us! I often think of Rosie, too.

Wishing my Marchers the best of the best! xx
Old 04-23-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
orangutan

Mums a lot better today , but she picked up a 24 hour bug ( probably at the hospital ) she spent yesterday throwing up and on the toilet , sorry if that's to much info.

Mirage I often wonder how the others are doing too.

Dee , thanks for having faith in me , I do wish I was a stronger person though .
Old 04-23-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone wishes that of themselves Aussie. I think you're plenty strong enough to stay sober

D
Old 04-23-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dee , you are the one we all look up to , so proud of what you have achieved with sobriety and the inspiration you give us.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Administrator

You guys do all the hard work

D
Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hello, Marchers! I got an e-mail today from this website with a great article, and thought I'd stop in here and say hello while I was reading it. If you haven't seen it, it's the story on how addiction changes a person. It was very good!

I am doing well. Tonight I lead an AA Bible study (which I'll be leaving for in 5 minutes), on Saturdays I lead a 12 & 12 book study at a women's rehab house, on Sunday nights I lead worship at a Recovery Church Service, and I try to make about 3 other AA meetings each week in addition to those. I'm sponsoring a number of women, most of whom are AA, but also 1 GA and 3 NA/AA. It keeps me busy!

In family life, our middle daughter graduated college this past Saturday, and gets married on June 1. I've been really good about keeping up with it all and not procrastinating, and also with working on the mind part of recovery, so I am managing with very little stress. One of the biggest changes I've made through all the recovery work I've done is accepting my humanity, which means being okay with being imperfect and with doing with I can do, letting go of the rest. This helps me A LOT. I can control ME, and that's really about it. But, that's surely a JOB! HA!

I was somewhere yesterday with some friends, and met up with a woman who'd done some pretty awful things a while back. A big part of me wanted, after she left, to tell my friends about it. But, I recognized that as one of my character defects wanting to rear its ugly head, and chose to not speak. In the past, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I feel SO MUCH BETTER about being the person I am today! Interestingly, it was kinda hard to bite my tongue. But, I've found that the more often I resist those things, the easier it gets. So I'll keep my eyes open for more opportunities to work on it. I'll get better!

Our youngest is graduating from high school 2 days after the wedding, too. And we have a few little mini-vacations planned for summertime. We're loving being parents and grandparents and all the other roles life allows. I hope you all are, too!

Hugs all around!
Old 05-05-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear from you PBC and to hear all is well

D
Old 05-13-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
orangutan

Good to hear from you PBC.. sound like your really busy.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Checkin' in!

Good to see pbc checked in.

How are you, aussie? Things still going well? You folks have to have cooled off by now, yeah? Warming up nicely here. We finally got leaves on our trees! Yay!! We're a little late this year cuz it's been so cold.

Oldest kiddo is home from college for the summer, working full time now. Youngest is in full swing of soccer season. My birthday is tomorrow (or today where you guys are!), so that'll be nice. Had a nice Mother's Day yesterday, too!

Anything new with you guys? Hope you're well! xxoo
Old 05-14-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

early Winter here mirage - hope Aussie is loving it like I am

Many Happy Returns mirage - hope you had a great day!

D
Old 05-15-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
orangutan

YES , YES , YES , loving the cooler weather.

I am sorry I am not here much these days , I seem to be always on the road with one appointment or another . I really know how my Mother must have felt when I was a teenager driving me all over the place.
My niece is going to have another operation on a second aneurism in 2 weeks , she has been suffering terribly with headaches , that still leaves one to go on a watch and see basis. Nervous times.

Happy birthday Mirage . I hope you had a lovely day.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes for you and all the family aussie

D