Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 05-15-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
orangutan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIRAGE

Old 05-29-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello, Marcher friends! I hope this finds you all well. Been busy here and a bit emotional as I feel like things are changing around here. My oldest is working full time for the first time and is still in school for one more week. I'm used to seeing him a lot as he's not a guy to go out a lot and he's never had a job like this. Obviously, it's a good thing, but it's hard on Mom! I miss him and I'm sad he's graduating. The younger one doesn't hang out with me as much, so it's left me feeling a little lonely and lost. I was weepy all weekend, just can't seem to shake the blues. We have 2 concerts at the end of the week and graduation commencements on Sunday. Trying to stay positive.

Hope you're all doing well!
xxoo
Old 05-29-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Mirage - I know it can be a real wrench when kids grow up...but think of the time you'll have to do things you want to do?

D
Old 05-29-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well that's what I say to myself to stay positive. lol
What I want to do is be around 'em. I'll get used to it, it's just one of life's adjustments, I know.
Thanks, Dee
Old 06-05-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry it's getting you down Mirage . On the brighter side he is working and graduating not out of work and a drop out.

I haven't been logging on as often these days , just no one here to talk to any more. I sure would like to hear from some of the other Marchers.

DAY 71
Old 06-19-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your June! We've had lots going on. To catch you up:
* We booked a venue for my daughter's wedding next June
* We were over by you, Mirage, for my niece's graduation party
* My oldest daughter has been having marital issues ... her hubby is one of us, and he's drinking again. Ugh.
* I am taking an exercise class that's kicking my tush. And my legs. And my arms. And tummy. And parts of me that I didn't know existed.
* We leave for a short vacation on Wednesday. We're going to my best friend's house in North Carolina, meeting with a bunch of my work friends from around the country. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

What's up in all your worlds?
Old 06-19-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

just keeping busy here PBC - sounds like you are too

D
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Aw poop, sorry to hear about your son-in-law, PBC. Hope he can sort it out and get healthy! I'll be rooting for him.

Busy here, too. We got the oldest graduated! Yay! We've been busy with commencements and parties. We didn't have one for him, he didn't want one and I was a-ok with that as I'm not a big entertainer type, either. Dodged that bullet! lol But we went to 4 last weekend, lots of fun! Yesterday, we went up to his future college for orientation. He is SO excited to go and is excited about his classes. He really loves learning. He changed his major to Environmental Studies and since he graduated high school with about a semester of college credits, he can take environmental classes straight away and skip some general education classes, so he's super geeked. We got to see his dorm and room and it's just beautiful. Really old and ivy league looking. He LOVES it. He loves old things, he didn't want the newer, updated dorms. He's an interesting kid. haha. Anyway, life has been a bit about him lately.

My youngest got on a club soccer team so we'll be busy with that later. He's practicing 3 mornings a week all summer for high school soccer.

Enjoy your vaca in NC, PBC! I've never been there. We're going up to TC over the 4th, can't wait for that. It'll be nice to get away for a bit though it'll be the first time we leave a kid at home (due to work). Bummer, but that's what happens when they get older, I guess. K, now I'm getting sad again. haha.

Hope everyone is doing well! Always thinking of my Marchers!

PS. Apologies ahead of time if I repeat myself here. I can't remember what I've already said and I don't want to go back and read!
Old 06-22-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi everyone, nice to see some posts here , I miss you all.
I have been really down for a while now , just can't seem to shake it.
Weather has been atrocious flooding rain and big wind , seems to be calming down now though . Not much else to report.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sorry you've been down, Aussie. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Mirage , I am feeling better than when I posted , I really suffer with weather situations , I think it is because I have no control over what is going on and I feel trapped which brings on anxiety , which brings on depression , it's a nasty cycle .

Anyhow I just made it to
3 MONTHS

Old 06-28-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months! Glad you're feeling better!
Old 06-29-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

We might be in TC this weekend, too, Mirage ... but not for such a great thing. My mom may be dying. We're up in the air about what to do and when to go at this point. So many dynamics at play. My relationship with her has been pretty strained for many, many years.

Aussie, I'm sorry you're feeling down, but SO PROUD OF YOU for making your 3 month mark! The thing is, sometimes you're going to be down. Sober or not. It's a normal human emotion, and we are normal human beings who have emotions. And those emotions will pass, even without a substance to numb them. I heard a great quote that I used in my work meetings, and it fits here, too, if you replace "eat" with "drink". I'll post the meme that had it in it.
Attached Images
Old 06-29-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again Aussie

Hoping the rest of winter is pretty good for you
D
Old 06-30-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Aw, I'm sorry about your mom, PBC. We are not going up to TC afterall. My bro couldn't go, so we're just staying home. Good luck up there, hope things go as well as can be expected.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
orangutan

PBC I am so sorry about your mom. Sending love and strength your way.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't sure what to say PBC - meant to come back but...

I hope it turns out the prognosis is better than you fear

D
Old 07-03-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Huh. It was better than I expected. She seemed perfectly coherent, which I guess was not the case a couple days ago. Her pneumonia seems to have cleared up, the COPD and congestive heart failure are still strong, and her oxygen levels are slightly better, although not great. It was an okay visit.

I'm skipping out on my exercise class tonight to babysit my granddaughter. This makes me HAPPY! She's staying over.

Aussie, how are you today? Any better? Something that often helps me when I'm down is to make a gratitude list. Even in the midst of the worst moments, there are always things to be grateful for. I remember this story from a couple years ago that I'll share, that illustrates this. A co-worker of mine lost her 9 month old baby girl to crib death. It was awful. Heart-wrenching. I was looking through facebook one night, and someone had posted a video from the funeral. I couldn't believe the audacity of someone to do that! And then I noticed that the mom had "liked" it ... so I watched. It was the musicians at the church playing a very pretty worship song, and my co-worker's older daughter, who was 3 at the time, was twirling in the aisle to the music. She was dancing! She was a ray of beautiful sunlight in the midst of such a dark, sad moment. I learned from that that, even in the darkest moments, if I look hard enough, there is light somewhere.

Hugs to you all!

(Mirage, you escaped an awful lot of traffic ... SMART move on your part!)
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Oh I'm glad things were better than you were expecting.

Yep, turns out it was lucky we didn't go up as somehow I got a UTI. Wth? I've only had one one other time when I was in my 20s. Anyhoo, doc's got me on an antibiotic for 5 days and I'm to mind if I get chills or back pain. If I do, I'm to pass Go, collect $200 and go directly to the ER. I guess I'm running a low-grade fever so she's a bit on edge. I'm fine. I'm sure these pills'll knock it out in no time.

Tomorrow's the 4th (America's birthday for you out of towners)....having some friends over for grilled hamburgers and chicken and I'm making a FLAG cake! lol I'm so patriotic. "See?! I made a FLAG cake!" Boooyah!

Old 07-03-2017, 09:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy 4th Guys

I'm glad your mom is doing better PBC

hope you feel better soon too mirage

Aussie?

D