Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 26

Old 03-15-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
I know a drink is not an answer, and would only be an escape from all the other grim realities I need to face, which only worsen in the course of further escape.
Starting off Day 2

Lofty this is so true for me as well , drinking gave me a little escape but the problems didn't go away. Withdrawal is kicking in , I have a head ache I cant get rid of and feel very shaky.
Sorry for your problems Lofty. Great work on 3 weeks.
Old 03-16-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you are back on the bus, Aussie! 2 days is great. Lets both stay in it for the long haul.

I know my post yesterday was a downer, but I am feeling better today. Just need to keep it together for my twins 21st birthday tomorrow, on St Patrick’s Day. We are meeting up with them in the morning thru noon, so wont be part of the major drinking escapades, but will go out to a pub or two with them. It’s all about them. I will be like a fly on the wall watching their fun for awhile. The oldest will be there too. Looking forward to their fun.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 03-17-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 4.

Have fun Lofty , but a pub sounds dangerous to me in early days.
Happy 21st to your twins!!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:01 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Yeah, I don't envy you being in a pub today, Lofty! lol People are nuts today!

Glad you're trying again, Aussie!!

Went up to my kiddo's college to take him out for his birthday today. (Our kids share a birthday, Lofty). We ended up bringing him home for the rest of weekend. He has no tolerance for the drunk college kids pub crawling today. He wanted to just get out of town, so here he is! I'll take him back Monday morning before his class at noon. Oooh, tomorrow D and I are going to a NCAA basketball game. Can't wait! We were invited by friends.

Happy St. Patty's day, all! xx
Old 03-17-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
orangutan

Happy birthday to your son Mirage. He sounds like he has his head screwed on where booze is concerned.
I really need to make it stick this time. My dad is 82 and has macular degeneration they have found a hole in his macular so he can't drive any more. As you know I have driving anxiety but I have had to take over the driving for my parents , I wish my sister lived closer to help out. In the past I have been able to pick my days to travel , but Mum and Dad have a lot of doctor appointments and I have to travel on the appointment days , so driving in the rain for example is a major fear for me but lately I have had to do this, also their appointments fall at times that don't suit me like peak hour traffic , I always avoid driving at those times. My anxiety has been pushed to knew highs.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it's so hard Aussie but I'm glad you can be there for them.

The cost of taxis is ridiculous but but I'm on a half fare taxi subsidy scheme in QLD - your dad might qualify for that in NSW?

D
Old 03-18-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dee , no taxis where I live and town is around 120 km round trip. My brother lives in town and he is on a pension , he catches the bus every where on a $2 fare and he can get on and off busses all day for that one fare. How good is that.
Talking of my brother he is still sober, I am not sure of his exact time but well over a year now. So very proud of him.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great Aussie. Sorry about the Taxis tho.

D
Old 03-19-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Back to Day 2 for me. The party festivities proved too much for me to pass up. I had suspected they might but I certainly couldnt pass up being there. Some things are more important than me, and It was a very rare opportunity for the whole family to be together. But, here I am, none the worse.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty I knew that pub was a bad idea.

Day 12
I am doing OK but still things are going wrong for me now I have car trouble When will it end
Old 03-25-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some things are more important than me, and It was a very rare opportunity for the whole family to be together
well while thats true I reckon your AV played you there.

There's nothing stopping you going to things with a plan to stay sober lofty.

It's like walking out on the football field without knowing the plays.

But, here I am, none the worse.
Thats what the addicted part of you wants you to believe - it's already setting you up for next time, man....

D
Old 03-28-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Aussie, glad to hear you are back at it! How are you feeling today? I'm SO glad to hear your brother is doing well. It stinks worrying about family. That must be a relief to you.

Sorry to hear that attempt didn't stick, Lofty. I was thinking the same thing Dee wrote. I hope you're able to stay stronger for the future temptations! Don't let that AV make excuses for you.

All is well here. We can't seem to beat this chilly weather, even though spring is upon us. We're losing our patience! #1 son's bike got stolen at college so we're trying to find him a cheap used one for him to take up there this weekend. It's a very large campus and he's been hoofing it for a while now. No big plans for Easter. Not sure if we'll do anything special. We'll hide eggs for the boys cuz we always have and I think it's fun to keep it going even though they're old. haha

Still going to physical therapy for the tendonitis in the knees but I'm finally seeing improvement! Yay! Slowly but surely.

Alright gang, that's it. Pretty boring over here. Stay strong and vigilant. These are early days for you two, so take care of yourselves. Dee...as usual, you rock and are SO loved. Hope you are well. xx
Old 03-30-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
orangutan

DAY 17

Mirage I can't tell you how proud of my brother I am , I honestly thought he would never give up drinking and he has stuck it out and says he has no desire to drink at all. Love him to bits.
While you are complaining about your long winter it is the same here a summer that just wont quit and we are a month into Autumn .

Lofty , how are you doing ? Drinking?

Dee
Old 03-30-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

all good here guys - Happy Easter

D
Old 03-30-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

You know...maybe we should just get rid of our calendars. We might stop complaining about the weather cuz then it wouldn't be "unseasonably" hot or cold! lol

Happy Easter, loves!

Old 03-31-2018, 03:30 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
orangutan

Happy Easter everyone!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

still waiting for winter aussie

D
Old 04-01-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
orangutan

Waiting, Waiting , Waiting .

Old 04-03-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

You can have our winter! There's still a bit left of a snow mound from a plow, in our subdivision!
Old 04-12-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in sober and very busy with work.

Hope all is well with my March mates.

cool mornings now a feel of change in the season but the days are still very hot , come 5pm and the cool returns . Happy happy Aussie.