Notices

Class of March 2016 part 44

Old 03-24-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Immri - I'm glad you made it back too. My fear is that if I slip - I'll never come back. One thing I know - I could never do this alone. Sweet dreams.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hey Class!!

Checking in on a pretty lazy Friday night. Zero plans tonight except to watch a movie with DH which is a-okay with me.

I had a therapy session today and it was the first one ever where I walked out and thought "I'm going to be okay"...it was nice. We are working on forgiveness still (it's a really tough one for me) but I think I am really making some progress. Forgiveness isn't about absolving people from sin it is ultimately about freeing myself. I can say "I forgive you" and still know that you did wrong and/or you hurt me. I don't ever have to be your friend....heck I don't even have to tell you that I have forgiven you. It is for me. It is releasing the anger and resentment that have held me prisoner for so long and finding true peace. Tough for sure but the reward is pretty amazing. Wow - sorry for the paragraph there...apparently I am still processing...lol

Bobbie - sad story. She is lucky to have you...hugs

Immri - I'm really glad you made it back so quickly too. Like Bobbie I worry how many more binges I would survive before just giving up and disappearing

BBG - how did your chili turn out? We made zucchini lasagna tonight...can't wait to see how it turns out

Well I am off - it is quiet in here....happy Friday!!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Hey Class!!

BBG - how did your chili turn out? We made zucchini lasagna tonight...can't wait to see how it turns out

Well I am off - it is quiet in here....happy Friday!!
Sam I didn't get around to the chili. I had a whole ribeye I had to slice into steaks and vacuum seal for the freezer.

So instead of chili tonight it's ribeye steak, baked tater, baked onion and garlic bread!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I just realized that today is my one year anniversary here on SR and while I don't have one full year of sobriety I would say that I have spent the majority of the past 365 days sober...and that is solely because of you guys.

When I think about where I was this time last year and where I am now....wowza...even just my post above....not even remotely the same person.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. I could not and would not be here without this amazing class. Love you all!!

Old 03-24-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Sam I didn't get around to the chili. I had a whole ribeye I had to slice into steaks and vacuum seal for the freezer.

So instead of chili tonight it's ribeye steak, baked tater, baked onion and garlic bread!
Okay...yumm!!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on being here and fighting this for a year Sam

D
Old 03-24-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Thanks for all that you do Dee in making this place a reality and 90 days tomorrow is pretty sweet!!
Old 03-24-2017, 03:41 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Support sam
Old 03-24-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, late check in for me, but all is well and sober here on this Friday night. Just ordered some Chinese and going to watch that new movie SING with the little bugs.

Sam, all I have to say is you're pretty amazing. Keep doing what you're doing. 90 days, wow! You're an inspiration to me. Love you.

I feel the exact same way about this class. Wouldn't be here without all of you. Love you all.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Checking in before checking out for the night....4 am comes awful quick! But no complaints.....I took a virtual step class today and wow....I have lots of work to do! I need the challenge, though

I also would not have made such progress in the past year without this class....Group Hug!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Congrats on your SR anniversary Sam. 90 days is great too. You'll soon be in triple digits.

I have to say you've inspired me for the past year. So turnabout is fair play.

I've been in and out of SR for a long time. But I'll never leave this class. You're all friends and inspiration to me!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks Bobbie and Sam, I worry about the same thing. I wasn't sure I'd even post again to be honest but I know I couldn't have got that sober time without all you guys and I always told others to not be ashamed to post that you drank, so had to follow my own advice i'm annoyed that I drank after nearly a year, but thank god I still have this place and people who get it. This time next year will be different and I'm looking forward to that.

Congrats on 90 days Sam and for your year fighting hard, I'm so glad you're all here
Food sounds yummy BBG I'm starving!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Sam - beautiful post. So happy for all of the progress you have made this year. I don't think I'm alone in saying I can see the growth in you. So proud of you. I know it was and will continue to be a tough road at times as you work through past and current life. But hopefully you will have far more peace of heart and mind than turmoil. Love you!

BBG - I had a meatloaf sandwich with melted cheddar in ciabatta. It was delish.

Bobbie - I hope the woman you brought to the meeting finds what she needs to keep fighting for herself.

Kid free tonight, so I'm watching How to Get Away With Murder. What a great show! Can't believe I've never watched it before! Really loving it.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Nitey night everybody. It's an Everybody Loves Raymond night but I'm gonna' lay down and watch anyway!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Late check in. Busy day! I'm doing well and still sober but wanted to let you guys know that I may not be able to check in very often this week. It's spring break for us this week and my husband and kids are all off school & work. We are gonna be busy doing some fun family stuff and a little traveling. I hope you all have a great Weekend! Love you!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Enjoy your Spring break Kiki.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Mornin' classmates. Startin' fluid time. Gotta' plan my day better today than I did yesterday. I allowed my "stay busy" schedule to interfere with my "regular meals" schedule. Hunger is my biggest trigger. Gotta' be keerful!!!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Food is best regular bbg.

Kiki- so I suppose you will be spending the entire break watching all of those movies about those crazy kids who are on spring break?
Sam- 91!
Imri- keep posting.
There is a young crowd opposite in an ap-block. They every sat night have a party. Thing is it starts about 2000, then gets very loud, manic and laughter until about midnight and then silence for at least 2 days. Hmm- I wonder what ever they could be doing.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Morning guys! Quick check in before we head out for the day. I hope you all have a great day! Day 16 for me. :-)
Old 03-25-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Stopping by after work.....Congrats Sam 90 Days!!!

Having a brainstorm session so bare with me....CH I may be headed your way in July to see Godsmack...nothing planned yet but I may just do it. What better way to embrace my 40th this year! Let's all plan a road trip! Lol